Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

would you bother with a container

would you bother with a container

Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:00 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default would you bother with a container

hi,

just wondering, we are heading to Brisbane in the next few months and really only own clothes and books (everything else is second hand and not really important to us) so here is the question would you bother paying for a container to ship clothes or can you just send stuff in boxes say on a pallete does anybody know and has anyone done this

I havent a clue on this sort of stuff, also how long does it take to get stuff over there when shipping it

Ta diddy
Old Aug 26th 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

John Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant futureJohn Howard has a brilliant future
Default Re: would you bother with a container

Originally Posted by diddy
hi,

just wondering, we are heading to Brisbane in the next few months and really only own clothes and books (everything else is second hand and not really important to us) so here is the question would you bother paying for a container to ship clothes or can you just send stuff in boxes say on a pallete does anybody know and has anyone done this

I havent a clue on this sort of stuff, also how long does it take to get stuff over there when shipping it

Ta diddy
You can send your things in Tea Chests with shipping companies. These things will go by sea and can take up to 14 weeks to arrive. You can also send things excess bagage by air freight, this is expensive. It all depends on how much stuff you want to send out.

Try using the search facility on this site as this question is asked regulary.

Hope this helps a bit
Old Aug 26th 2004, 3:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: would you bother with a container

Originally Posted by diddy
hi,

Ta diddy
You don't have to have a whole container - the stuff goes into a shared container if you only have a small amount. Means it takes a bit longer as you have to wait for the container to fill, but its usually only a couple of weeks more. Do a search on here for removal firms like John Masons, and see what they quote you for just boxes. Mine was almost all boxes of stuff, only 2 items if furniture. Should take between 6 and 12 weeks, depending on how long you have to wait for the container to fill.

PS Avoid ***** ******** (well, its time I gave them another slagging off, been at least a week!)