Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Worried about itchy mole

Worried about itchy mole

Old May 6th 2005, 10:15 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Worried about itchy mole

I've got a mole just above my left ankle which is itchy every now and then (now!) which started about 3/4 weeks ago.

I've been putting off going to the doctor about it as I'm concerned that if it is something dodgy it will affect our visa application (waiting for the meds request) but a good friend of mine had skin cancer last year which started with an itchy mole that had turned black (mine still brown).

Can anyone put my mind at rest that:

a) nothing to worry about
or
b) go to doctors to get checked and wont affect visa app?

Thanks
Old May 6th 2005, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Worried about itchy mole

Originally Posted by bridiej
I've got a mole just above my left ankle which is itchy every now and then (now!) which started about 3/4 weeks ago.

I've been putting off going to the doctor about it as I'm concerned that if it is something dodgy it will affect our visa application (waiting for the meds request) but a good friend of mine had skin cancer last year which started with an itchy mole that had turned black (mine still brown).

or

Thanks
Just go to the doctors!
As much as your visa application is important, surely it's not as important as your life
Without wanting to scaremonger, what's the point in having a visa if you're not going to be around to enjoy it?
And do you really want the not knowing hanging over your head for god knows how long?
Get yourself checked out - it's most probably nothing and will set your mind at rest.
Good luck, by the way
Old May 6th 2005, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

elfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to allelfin is a name known to all
Smile Re: Worried about itchy mole

or

Thanks
Hi, I had a small mole removed on holiday in NZ (turned out it was not cancerous) it started as just going scaly and itching, they removed it the same day I went to see the GP ( amazingly quick and painless).
I told them all about it on my medical form, and at the medical and no one was remotely interested, they were more concerned about the fact I was bulimic as a teenager........
So my advice is 1. get it looked at NOW 2. DON'T WORRY.
Sending love and light,
Elfin x
Old May 6th 2005, 10:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

or

Thanks
Go to doctor immediately and let him decide whether to worry or not. If it is a nasty, the sooner it comes out the better, leave it and you might have more problems than you need.

Don't think it would affect the med providing you have done what you can.

Get thee to a quack quick girl but don't worry.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:25 am

Yes, I know you're right, guess I just needed someone to give me a kick up the backside!!!

Would be just our bloomin luck though.....

Will phone now and see if can get in next week...!
Old May 6th 2005, 10:28 am

Booked an appt for Wednesday, hope it's all OK!!

Thanks Elfin, your story has put my mind at rest!!
Old May 6th 2005, 10:28 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

or

Thanks

Bridiej,
Get your ass to the docs & get it checked out asap,this is your health your talking about here.

How would having cancer affect your chances of a visa or your new life in Oz?? & how would you feel if you knew that getting it checked out early enough may prevent something as serious as this from developing?

Donna.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:43 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

or

Thanks

Bridie cant you go docs today?!! i dont mean to say it is like desperately urgent but if it was me i would want to go sooner rather than wait until wednesday!??

worrying about your visa is just silly so i wont even go into that. go to the docs today, please.
Old May 6th 2005, 10:46 am

Cant go today, they've got nothing until weds...
Old May 6th 2005, 10:48 am
Account Closed

have you told them what appointment for???

please dont think im trying to give you the sh**s but if youre anything like me you will worry!!??? and its probably nothing to worry about at all but thats never stopped me!!!!
Old May 6th 2005, 10:49 am

Yes, I said as they said couldnt get me in with normal doctor and I said dont care as it's for an itchy mole so will see anyone.....

will get malc to have a look and see if it's changed colour, dont think it has but in a bit of an awkward place to see unless you're double jointed!!

Thanks for your concern though Jac
Old May 6th 2005, 10:51 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Doctors are really rubbish aren't they?
When you ring up and ask for an appointment the same day they always ask "is it an emergency?"
To which I feel like saying "How the hell should I know - that's why I want to see the doctor!"
Old May 6th 2005, 10:55 am
Account Closed

Yes, I said as they said couldnt get me in with normal doctor and I said dont care as it's for an itchy mole so will see anyone.....

will get malc to have a look and see if it's changed colour, dont think it has but in a bit of an awkward place to see unless you're double jointed!!

Thanks for your concern though Jac

i remember when grace was 4 and i found a lump - i was hysterical but it was 5 mins to six inthe evening so i grabbed her and lilterally ran to the docs - i was in a state. the receptionist said it was after 6 so couldnt see anyone. i could see a doctor down the hallway so i went down to him regardless of f***ing receptionist. he refused to touch her - said rules and regs - cant "touch" people after 6 (i swear this is true!). he reluctantly agreed to look at the lump but he wouldnt come near her. my mother was with me i swear to god that man must still be limping!! turned out to be nothing to worry about but i get the impression there isnt always a sense of urgency with these people. best thing is this doctor had pictures of his kids on his desk - he must have had an idea what i was going through. that was 5 years ago - if i saw him in the street id still kill him with my bare hands.
Old May 6th 2005, 11:15 am
Forum Regular

TraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the roughTraceyandPeter is a jewel in the rough

I had a few moles that went itchy. I couple even became raised and when I scratched them they bled. I went to the doctors and she told me that because I had not long had a baby the oestrogen levels in my body could change moles and make them change shape, itch or bleed.
I hope she was right. I have to say that the moles in question have all returned back to normal.
On the bright side it may be as simple as that for you. Hormones levels I mean. Good luck and don't worry....sending you karma and best wishes
Tracey
Old May 6th 2005, 11:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by TraceyandPeter
I had a few moles that went itchy. I couple even became raised and when I scratched them they bled. I went to the doctors and she told me that because I had not long had a baby the oestrogen levels in my body could change moles and make them change shape, itch or bleed.
I hope she was right. I have to say that the moles in question have all returned back to normal.
On the bright side it may be as simple as that for you. Hormones levels I mean. Good luck and don't worry....sending you karma and best wishes
Tracey

Hee heee - you thinkin what im thinkin...!?!?!?!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.