Reload this Page >

Working for a UK Company, Advice Needed

Working for a UK Company, Advice Needed

Old Mar 7th 2018, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Captin_RedBeard is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working for a UK Company, Advice Needed

Hello Everyone,

Excited to be joining the Expat Community!

I am a UK resident who is looking to go out to Australia around October time. A couple of friends are going ahead of me and will be looking to find work and accommodation.

I am a consultant with a UK based company (I own) being paid in Sterling by another UK based company.

I wondered if I could get some advice, or where the best place to ask would be in terms of tax, legality, visas, banking? Can I just go as a tourist and pay myself as I am currently?

I am planning on staying less than a year at this stage and all my work can be done remotely (as long as I face a few night shifts).

Thank you kindly!
Dave
Old Mar 7th 2018, 1:29 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working for a UK Company, Advice Needed

You need to start at www.immi.gov.au to see if you qualify for a visa. Without one of those everything else is moot.
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:01 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the link Dorothy, which one?

I would plan on staying longer than a holiday Visa, but im not working for an AUS company, is it simply that there are no Visa for that and if you want to stay over 3 months you need to get a local job?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 9:19 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are these friends of yours going on a working holiday visa?
Old Mar 8th 2018, 12:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Captin_RedBeard
Thanks for the link Dorothy, which one?

I would plan on staying longer than a holiday Visa, but im not working for an AUS company, is it simply that there are no Visa for that and if you want to stay over 3 months you need to get a local job?
Do you have a skill on any of the lists? If not then a skilled visa is out of the question. Are you under 31? If so then a working holiday visa may be what you're looking for. Are you married/defacto with an Australian citizen or permanent resident? If so then a spouse/partner visa would be the one.

It's not up to us to do your research for you. Read the link, put your details into the visa wizard and see what it comes up with. Once you find something that you may qualify for then you can dig a bit deeper into what you need to do to qualify. If you are not able to figure something out you may want to have a one time consultation with a MARA registered migration agent. Many will do a free first time consultation.
Old Mar 13th 2018, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Hi BritinParis,

Yeah they will both be on working visas for the year.

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for the advice, I'll start digging!
Old Mar 14th 2018, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

M0zza is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Captin_RedBeard
Hi BritinParis,

Yeah they will both be on working visas for the year.

Hi Dorothy,

Thanks for the advice, I'll start digging!
Working holiday visa? Not a working visa, that could mean anything..

Could you get a working holiday visa? It would be the easy solution for you if so.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
It's not up to us to do your research for you.

Did you miss the part where the OP states they are a consultant?