Reload this Page >

Working and moving to Oz

Working and moving to Oz

Old Oct 13th 2015, 12:19 pm
Just Joined

Bizzle91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Working and moving to Oz

Hello,

first of all my name is Joe please to meet you all and thanks for any information you can provide.

Basically i don't know if i am dreaming or if its a possibility. I am wanting/thinking of working and moving to Australia if i can. the only thing is that i don't know to go about it and what i would have to do. I understand i sound dumb and like i haven't done my research but i am no good at reading long page articles or even where to find the right ones! The little information i have heard/know is that you have to have a specific trade to work there? my cousin worked there for a year but she is a doctor so i assume a job there was easy to come by? my friend is going to travel there for a year come december and he said he's got some farm work sorted and is going to free lance it however i don't think i could do that. I have nearly 6 years experience in office work and that would be the sort of job i would want to go and to be honest i wouldn't mind manuel labour but again I'm not sure how easy it would be?

basically to put it in a nutshell how easy would it be for me to sell my house here and pack up my things and leave for Oz to start a new life and live there?

again i apologise if i sound dumb and that sort of thing but trying to grasp how easy/hard it would to pack up things and move across.

Many Thanks.
Old Oct 13th 2015, 3:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working and moving to Oz

Nigh on impossible I would say! If you are under 30 you can get a one year working holiday visa with the possibility of a 12 month extension if you work in a regional area for 3 months. If you hope to move permanently you will have to have a skill on the CSOL or SOL lists. I doubt "office work" is going to cut it - plenty of Aussie office workers hunting for jobs.

If you are serious then look at training to do something that you will love doing for the rest of your life and which might (although it's a gamble) be on the wanted list in future. Otherwise, hang on to your home and your job and enjoy the holidays.