Reload this Page >

Working in Ipswich, living in Brisbane

Working in Ipswich, living in Brisbane

Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:04 am
Just Joined

rubyh is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Working in Ipswich, living in Brisbane

Hi guys,

Have just secured a job in Ipswich hospital, QLD and looking to move over with my partner soon. We would like to live in central Brisbane however just wondering how commutable by car it is from Brisbane CBD-type area TO Ipswich in rush hour times. I'm guessing it might not be too bad as it should be against the traffic but would be nice to confirm this before we commit!

Had another potential job offer in Gold Coast but from the sounds of things the commute from Brisbane would be a bit too much to do every day. Any thoughts on this?

New to this forum so thanks in advance for your help!!
Ruby
Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working in Ipswich, living in Brisbane

I only go out to Ipswich a couple of times a year during peak hour traffic for Ipswich Eisteddfod. It's always a pretty easy run outbound in the morning but back into the city can be a bit hectic.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked out there for a few years, used to commute from the inner West of Brisbane in 35min once the motorway was upgraded. Add on a little more from CBD type areas but as long as you are heading away from the city the traffic is all good.

My tip for getting into Ipswich on a morning is avoid Brisbane road, stay on the Cunningham Highway and come off at the Blackstone exit. Nowhere near as much stopping and starting for the lights and Blackstone Rd gets you most the way to the hospital.

Agree traffic home could be a bit rubbish at times, I'd usually get home in 40min but would sometimes sit in traffic crawling on the Western bypass near Jindalee. If your route back to Brisbane keeps you on Ipswich Road you can expect a bit of a delay each day as you pass the PA Hospital at Annerley.
Old Oct 16th 2015, 1:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
I worked out there for a few years, used to commute from the inner West of Brisbane in 35min once the motorway was upgraded. Add on a little more from CBD type areas but as long as you are heading away from the city the traffic is all good.

My tip for getting into Ipswich on a morning is avoid Brisbane road, stay on the Cunningham Highway and come off at the Blackstone exit. Nowhere near as much stopping and starting for the lights and Blackstone Rd gets you most the way to the hospital.

Agree traffic home could be a bit rubbish at times, I'd usually get home in 40min but would sometimes sit in traffic crawling on the Western bypass near Jindalee. If your route back to Brisbane keeps you on Ipswich Road you can expect a bit of a delay each day as you pass the PA Hospital at Annerley.
Yep, I see that every day when I get home and drinking my evening beer. I always wondered how far it crawls to, Moggill road perhaps?
Old Oct 16th 2015, 9:02 am
Just Joined

rubyh is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys, all the info is much appreciated. Sounds like its very do-able!
Old Oct 18th 2015, 3:05 am
Forum Regular

stuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond reputestuie83 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep, I see that every day when I get home and drinking my evening beer. I always wondered how far it crawls to, Moggill road perhaps?
It tends to speed up once past the Fig Tree Pocket exit/on ramp, leaving a whole 50 metres to resume a normal driving speed before taking the Moggill Road exit.
Old Oct 18th 2015, 3:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuie83
It tends to speed up once past the Fig Tree Pocket exit/on ramp, leaving a whole 50 metres to resume a normal driving speed before taking the Moggill Road exit.
Ok cool. So they just need to widen it inbound and outbound past Moggill road and FTP ramps, I reckon. Not easy to do. Kenmore people rat run through Fig Tree causing congestion on both on and off ramps.