Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

work in the minning industry

work in the minning industry

Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:14 pm
Banned

userjay will become famous soon enough
Default work in the minning industry

would any 1 have any idea of the kind off jobs on offer inn the minning ind,i am a welder, but would consider manual graft if the wages pay.me thinks WA is me best bet? any info i would appreciate cheers.

jason
Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:20 pm
WBB

Default Re: work in the minning industry

Originally posted by userjay
would any 1 have any idea of the kind off jobs on offer inn the minning ind,i am a welder, but would consider manual graft if the wages pay.me thinks WA is me best bet? any info i would appreciate cheers.

jason

funny you should ask this question, my FIL rung this morning from QLD to tell me he can sort out a couple of months work in the mine he manages in the centre of QLD, the money is very good but it is in the middle of nowhere.

12 hour shifts 4 on 4 off with a flight to and from brisbane thrown in, cant be bad.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 12:43 pm
Banned

Default minning

hi welshy,wat do your abbreviations mean,and could you sort me work when i get there?(if i get there!!!)
Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:01 pm
WBB

Default Re: minning

Originally posted by userjay
hi welshy,wat do your abbreviations mean,and could you sort me work when i get there?(if i get there!!!)

sorry, FIL = father in law, i dont know exactly what the situation is with working for him myself yet but if there are opportunities there i will post it here.

Old Jan 13th 2004, 1:39 pm
Banned

Default minning

top man,anything is a help.only ever done 1 tunneling job.they actualy pushed a tunnel under the m1 j15a,i was maintanance welder (blue arse fly for every 1).so am not a compleat novice.

cheers though i appreciate