Women over 40?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:03 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Women over 40?

Originally Posted by Juliecabs
Ah pig! That's the word I was looking for. Thankyou!
If we ever meet we'll have to have a Mars Bar eating competition. Game on!
If I promise to buy you a big Mars bar can I tempt you to the South Coast meet?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Make it 2 and if I'm not working (I work shifts) I'll be there.

BTW - how do get these flipping smileys to work?????

Suzy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by suzy
Make it 2 and if I'm not working (I work shifts) I'll be there.

BTW - how do get these flipping smileys to work?????

Suzy
When you are typing your reply they are in a box on the right. Just click on one and it will enter See
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:14 pm
Account Closed

When you are typing your reply they are in a box on the right. Just click on one and it will enter See
Thanks
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:16 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Women over 40?

Originally Posted by suzy
Floss
I've got to know - why do you hate the PTA?

Also see you DONT make cakes. Neither do I - I can't bake without burning. I either buy cakes from our local farm shop and put it on a paper plate with my name on it or get my friend who runs a catering firm to do one.!!!!

Suzy
Only because ours is a very small school and there is a particularly cliquey mafia that runs ours.... it's not that they aren't friendly - they've asked me along to their Osbourne/Body Shop/Clothing/Phoenix Card evenings - but its very Stepford Wifey, and I have a congenital defect which means that I have an overwelming need to behave badly among people like that...

AND ANOTHER THING... they are all lean with flat stomachs and proper hairdresser haircuts! Call me shallow, but that's just not natural, after you've hatched several small humans and then spent the years running around after them!!!!!

I don't do the cake thing, - but I always end up on the ruddy "grotty second hand soft toy" tombola at the fair... d'you think they see me coming!?!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:17 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Get your purse out girl You've twisted my arm
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:21 pm

Get your purse out girl You've twisted my arm
You've made me smile for the first time today. Congratulations
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by floss
Only because ours is a very small school and there is a particularly cliquey mafia that runs ours.... it's not that they aren't friendly - they've asked me along to their Osbourne/Body Shop/Clothing/Phoenix Card evenings - but its very Stepford Wifey, and I have a congenital defect which means that I have an overwelming need to behave badly among people like that...

AND ANOTHER THING... they are all lean with flat stomachs and proper hairdresser haircuts! Call me shallow, but that's just not natural, after you've hatched several small humans and then spent the years running around after them!!!!!

I don't do the cake thing, - but I always end up on the ruddy "grotty second hand soft toy" tombola at the fair... d'you think they see me coming!?!
Crikey, I think you must live in my little leafy glade, millionaires row (except for me!) village
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 5:23 pm
Account Closed

Smile Re: Women over 40?

Originally Posted by floss

YES. They probably do see you coming. Strangely, you have just described the village I live in - I'm totally on your wavelength apart from the haircuts. I have to look half decent for work so have to go to a proper hairdresser and pay a fortune.

Suzy
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

the-eleys is on a distinguished road

again - I feel the same way although my kids are only 14 and 10 - I have also the thought of starting a new career or even not a career at all - would be good that my husband will earn enough for me not to work ... being 40 has definitely got its benefits.... you become a lot more bold in decisions ... hence us all wanting / being in Oz... never knock your age ... we only get one chance in life and what better way to take that chance but going to Oz.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

forgive my ignorance - whats the south coast meet??? am new to expats...

Gaye
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:47 pm
Chocoholic

Juliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond reputeJuliecabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the-eleys
forgive my ignorance - whats the south coast meet??? am new to expats...

Gaye
Hi Gaye, and Welcome!

The South Coast meet is a group of us getting together to meet, some of us for the first time, and exchanging tips/stories etc or just a good gossip!
This is my first one so not too sure what to expect, but apparently they're good fun.
It's called the South Coast meet because it's being held near Portsmouth. Look out for the thread called "South Coast Meet". Very apt title don't you think? All the details are on there. 3pm tomorrow. The Farm House (Hungry Horse), Burrfields Road, Portsmouth

JULIE
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 9:50 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Women over 40?

Hi Gaye, and Welcome!

The South Coast meet is a group of us getting together to meet, some of us for the first time, and exchanging tips/stories etc or just a good gossip!
This is my first one so not too sure what to expect, but apparently they're good fun.
It's called the South Coast meet because it's being held near Portsmouth. Look out for the thread called "South Coast Meet". Very apt title don't you think? All the details are on there. 3pm tomorrow. The Farm House (Hungry Horse), Burrfields Road, Portsmouth

JULIE
I only live up the road from there - do I need to wear a red rose on my lapel or carry the Sunday Times ??? lol
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:00 pm
Chocoholic

Originally Posted by the-eleys
I only live up the road from there - do I need to wear a red rose on my lapel or carry the Sunday Times ??? lol

Hee Hee! Would be fun, wouldn't it. Shall we all do it?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 10:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Go girls I admire your spirit

Its more about changing yourself than country tho as Hevs said OZ has a very scary housewife mentality :scared: can just imagine you lot trying to break free in a country where women still wash up, collect tupperware, bake cake, and get the men a beer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.