Women over 40?

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:55 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Women over 40?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You and me both hun Wasn't it Poll who got invited to a Tupperware Wedding Shower party - WTF
I think it was.

This was my straw that broke the camels back thread, i was soooo pissed off Especially cos in the midst of it i got invited to a designer dress party too

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=226072

Last edited by hevs; Jul 23rd 2005 at 2:02 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Monkeyrillas
You know....I have absolutely no idea how I stumbled on this thread. Then again, I am clueless most of the time.

Justin aka the token male

I'm glad you stumbled upon us Justin, but can you rustle up a mung bean broth for the lunch break? Try not to spill any on your tank top
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:00 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
Justin. Are you trying to forge a niche as the token male here? Like the house husbands at kindy coffee meets?
What about our Bix? Doesn't he count?

Elaine M
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:00 pm
Banned

Monkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really niceMonkeyrillas is just really nice

I'm glad you stumbled upon us Justin, but can you rustle up a mung bean broth for the lunch break? Try not to spill any on your tank top
Mung bean broth - no problem - not too spicy, right. Any tank top spillage will not prove a problem...I will bring a spare.

Last edited by Monkeyrillas; Jul 23rd 2005 at 2:06 pm.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Elaine M
What about our Bix? Doesn't he count?

Elaine M

Hi Elaine

BIX is very important, but hes only useful for depositing manure on the rose garden.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:04 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by floss
I've been reading this thread shouting "yes" and "of course" and "me too", and it's SO good to know that I'm not crazy....

I confess: I hate shopping - especially in the sales;
I hate the PTA and DON'T make cakes;
I hate having to constantly pacify and smooth over everyone else's ruffled feathers, and never sitting in peace with a hot cup of tea;
I hate this feeling that I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up, and the suspicion that other people think it's self-indulgent of me to still be wondering;
I don't want to be tired and emotionally drained all the time;
I want to be able to find the time in the day to take notice of my children, and my husband, and still have time for me;
I don't want to worry that the kitchen floor is dirty, or that there are fingermarks on the fridge;
I'd like to be able to feel excited anticipation when I think about "my thing in life" and I'd like to be able to work out what that thing is...
I'm sure I could be special and useful, but I seem to only manage to be muddled, forgetful and late...
I like to have bear feet, wear loose comfy clothes and no make up, and long weeks of grey damp weather makes me blue...
I like to laugh uncontrollably...
I'm confused when I look down and realise that my pert A cups have slid droopily south, that I can't stay awake past 10pm, and I'm getting wrinkles on my hands!

I could go on but then I may never stop - but it's very liberating....!

Geography can't and won't change any of this, but making a new start will give me the chance to start altering the balance... in just the ways you've talked about...

Thanks for this thread - I've tried sending loads of karma out - but it seems I've already overdone it! And in case I haven't made myself completely clear... I AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE ALL SAID!!!!
Brilliant post Floss. Karma on its way.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:07 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Elaine

BIX is very important, but hes only useful for depositing manure on the rose garden.
Oooh, I have a feeling you'll be in trouble for that - you never know when he'll appear you know!

Elaine M
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:07 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Women over 40?

Hee, hee - just re-read my last post..... I'd REALLY love to have BEAR feet - bare feet are good, but big hairy ones with claws, now that'd shut the mothers' brigade at school up good and proper!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:08 pm
Badge

Nice to see people focusing (!)

There are loads of things that people spend their money on which they don't need. It's true. The sooner you get out of it, the better. The only luxuries I buy are the occasional book, and even rarer, a DVD. And lunch at the pub at work.

I did buy a poster for my garage a few weeks ago - whew.

All these discussions of NEXT make me feel ill.

Badge

Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Badge
Nice to see people focusing (!)

There are loads of things that people spend their money on which they don't need. It's true. The sooner you get out of it, the better. The only luxuries I buy are the occasional book, and even rarer, a DVD. And lunch at the pub at work.

I did buy a poster for my garage a few weeks ago - whew.

All these discussions of NEXT make me feel ill.

Badge

Aren't you due a new pair of Y fronts to wear on the outside of yer trouser too?
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You and me both hun Wasn't it Poll who got invited to a Tupperware Wedding Shower party - WTF
Learn to say NO
I can remember when I first arrived in Singapore I was determined not to be a "typical expat" whatever that is?!
Didn't sit by the pool unless with the kids,I tried the class coffee mornings, some mums were friendly, hubbys work wives lunch where they discussed all sorts of things were ok especially as I often didn't see him from one week to the next as he travelled so much with the job, I gave up though when they started extolling the virtues of 100%cotton sheets that were changed daily by their maids! not for me.... And I don't expect I'll conform to suburban housewife role in OZ. But as I've said before on this forum when you move to a new location these coffee morning type things do help you to meet your neighbours and you never know you might find someone you click with. So don't take the ****, you might be glad a neighbour knocks on your door with an invitation.She might not know how to approach you to say hi welcome to OZ without a reason....
or do what I did and go back to studying. I didn't have time to do coffee mornings, was mentally stimulated and met some like minded people!
I Might just go back to study in OZ too
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:15 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floss
I'd REALLY love to have BEAR feet, but big hairy ones with claws
Ooooooh.....sounds lovely

Now, where is that rose bed ?
Attached Thumbnails Women over 40?-poop.gif   Women over 40?-liondung.gif   Women over 40?-liondungb.jpeg  
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:19 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by helinuk
Learn to say NO
I can remember when I first arrived in Singapore I was determined not to be a "typical expat" whatever that is?!
Didn't sit by the pool unless with the kids,I tried the class coffee mornings, some mums were friendly, hubbys work wives lunch where they discussed all sorts of things were ok especially as I often didn't see him from one week to the next as he travelled so much with the job, I gave up though when they started extolling the virtues of 100%cotton sheets that were changed daily by their maids! not for me.... And I don't expect I'll conform to suburban housewife role in OZ. But as I've said before on this forum when you move to a new location these coffee morning type things do help you to meet your neighbours and you never know you might find someone you click with. So don't take the ****, you might be glad a neighbour knocks on your door with an invitation.She might not know how to approach you to say hi welcome to OZ without a reason....
or do what I did and go back to studying. I didn't have time to do coffee mornings, was mentally stimulated and met some like minded people!
If I am feeling particularly brave when we arrive then I might just throw caution to the wind and have a big bbq and stick an invite through all the letter boxes in the road. They are bound to all come out of curiosity and if we don't like them then we can get our son to ask loudly "how long did your rash take to clear up cos mine is driving me crazy?"
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by helinuk
Learn to say NO

Just making fun Helin. Not really serious and i agree with you. I have lived in several different countries over the last few years and its good to take up any offers you get. I'm just not going to get into things that dont interest me anymore. I just wish that there were more women about who like discussing current issues of the day instead of shoe sales and recipes.
Old Jul 23rd 2005, 2:45 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
If I am feeling particularly brave when we arrive then I might just throw caution to the wind and have a big bbq and stick an invite through all the letter boxes in the road.

I accept

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.