winging pom 2

Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:52 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: winging pom 2

Originally Posted by Grayling
Juri

You carry on posting what you like

There is nothing wrong with 'negative' posts. They are your experience and every bit as valid as the 'I'm here and it's all wonderful' posts.

There are plenty of people who posted Glowing reports on arrival but changed their tune when things did not work out.

Everyone's circumstances are different and each account is valuable for the rest of us.

Best wishes

G
I'll second that G
It's a hard life out here if you have to work for a living. Not having someone to leave your 3 yr old with for an overnight break like the grandparents for example makes it harder.
I'm pleased ours are old enough to look after themselvs now.
Good look to ya mate keep posting.
Old Sep 5th 2004, 9:55 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Yep I agree with what G has said. This forum is for people to share experiences good and bad. I am sure many people have had bad days/weeks and kept those feelings to themselves but there is nothing wrong in letting of a bit of steam.

It seems acceptable for so many to whinge about the UK but not Oz. Each country has its own set of problems. Not everyone moving here will land the perfect job, perfect house and meet the most wonderful "stepford" like neighbours.

So go for it Juri....get it of your chest and don't be put of people only wanting the "sunny" side of life. You have done well by making the move here. All the best

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

juri is an unknown quantity at this point

as requested, the latest e-mail to friends. I know most of it is pap but there may be some relivence for someone out there.

What's happening then?
Starting to warm up here and decided to go a bit out on a limb and get a pool for the new house. It's hard to get excited as the estimate for house build is 24 weeks and they haven't even got the right bricks yet (tried to fob us off with gay pink tinged ones instead, I thought they were divine but Lesley put her foot down). At least they have made a start on the house and the 'slab' is down.
Second scan tomorrow and we can take a video tape along therefore we can bore to death any future visitors to the house. Lesley is now feeling movements etc so it's getting to the 'oh shit it's actually happening' stage. Pack in the horlicks and break out the pep pills.
Matthew has calmed down a bit and makes us smile continually with his warped English.
'Stop sniffing me mum' when Lesley is laying beside him and breathing on him whilst getting him to sleep and 'Stop seeing me dad' When I was watching him eating something in the car mirror, are just two example off the top of my head.
Work is cruisy as they say here and I'm getting cheekier and neckier by the day so it's getting to be a good laugh. Got my six monthly raise early $1.20 an hour, about 50p. The fact I got it early makes me feel worthy.
Lesley got talking to the two neighbours this afternoon turns out one went to school in Dundee and her mum lived in Craigiebank where Lesley’s Mum lives now, jeeeez.
Anyway enough of this rambling as you can tell we (well me ) are on a wee high just now and it's looking better all round.
What's the latest with you lot? Hope it's the same.
Write soon
Old Sep 22nd 2004, 3:16 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Originally Posted by juri
as requested, the latest e-mail to friends. I know most of it is pap but there may be some relivence for someone out there.

What's happening then?
Starting to warm up here and decided to go a bit out on a limb and get a pool for the new house. It's hard to get excited as the estimate for house build is 24 weeks and they haven't even got the right bricks yet (tried to fob us off with gay pink tinged ones instead, I thought they were divine but Lesley put her foot down). At least they have made a start on the house and the 'slab' is down.
Second scan tomorrow and we can take a video tape along therefore we can bore to death any future visitors to the house. Lesley is now feeling movements etc so it's getting to the 'oh shit it's actually happening' stage. Pack in the horlicks and break out the pep pills.
Matthew has calmed down a bit and makes us smile continually with his warped English.
'Stop sniffing me mum' when Lesley is laying beside him and breathing on him whilst getting him to sleep and 'Stop seeing me dad' When I was watching him eating something in the car mirror, are just two example off the top of my head.
Work is cruisy as they say here and I'm getting cheekier and neckier by the day so it's getting to be a good laugh. Got my six monthly raise early $1.20 an hour, about 50p. The fact I got it early makes me feel worthy.
Lesley got talking to the two neighbours this afternoon turns out one went to school in Dundee and her mum lived in Craigiebank where Lesley’s Mum lives now, jeeeez.
Anyway enough of this rambling as you can tell we (well me ) are on a wee high just now and it's looking better all round.
What's the latest with you lot? Hope it's the same.
Write soon
Fantastic news. Things seem to be looking up for you since your last post