Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

will my english tv work in Aus

will my english tv work in Aus

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 1:39 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: will my english tv work in Aus

Originally Posted by shaun139
Hi all, I want to get my english TV shipped over to Australia but not sure ie it is compatable to their system. It is a reasonably new Sony Triniton.
THANKS.
Many threads have been done about this subject. If you do a search you will find all these and more:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...2&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...4&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...5&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...1&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...7&highlight=TV

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...8&highlight=TV
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really niceGazzap is just really nice

Originally Posted by oliver1982
Is OZ just like the UK?
No-one has answered this one yet though....

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by busterboy
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

Old Jun 23rd 2008, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

I needed to buy a new TV not to long ago, so I specifically purchased one where you could choose what country you lived in under the tuning menu. Australia was there along with probably every other country I could think of, I double checked with Samsung who said the Digital tuner will work fine in Australia, however the Analogue wont. Which is fine by me.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

We should get a sticky thread going for these recurring questions.

Will my TV/Playstation/Wii work in Oz?
Transferring Driving License
Is OZ just like the UK?

Perhaps becaause the search facility isn't working properly at the moment you may find questions that have been asked previously being asked again. I wanted to ask something that had been asked before because of the search not working but I didn't dare.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 6:30 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

We should get a sticky thread going for these recurring questions.

Will my TV/Playstation/Wii work in Oz?
Transferring Driving License
Is OZ just like the UK?
East coast vs West coast.....
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:19 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jorose
Perhaps becaause the search facility isn't working properly at the moment you may find questions that have been asked previously being asked again. I wanted to ask something that had been asked before because of the search not working but I didn't dare.
ask away most people will answer nicely
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:10 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends what its qualifications are.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 11:20 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jorose
Oh... unbunch your knickers and ask away....
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

steveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant futuresteveyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Gazzap
No-one has answered this one yet though....

Yes it is exactly the same as the UK only much sunnier and cheaper to live here, in fact you don't have to work at all you just sit on the beach.
Everyone is very friendly and you can leave your car and home unlocked as there is no crime.
Drivers are so courteous especially in car parks. It only ever rains at night so as not to spoil the days. The locals all love the British, in fact they will listen for hours to your stories of how great the UK is and apologize profusely that their country lacks some of the necessary grocery items that you relied on from the mother country.
The C word is banned and the F word is only allowed to be used after dark and in the company of adults.
Am I right?
Old Jun 27th 2008, 6:36 am

oliver1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steveyp
Yes it is exactly the same as the UK only much sunnier and cheaper to live here, in fact you don't have to work at all you just sit on the beach.
Everyone is very friendly and you can leave your car and home unlocked as there is no crime.
Drivers are so courteous especially in car parks. It only ever rains at night so as not to spoil the days. The locals all love the British, in fact they will listen for hours to your stories of how great the UK is and apologize profusely that their country lacks some of the necessary grocery items that you relied on from the mother country.
The C word is banned and the F word is only allowed to be used after dark and in the company of adults.
Am I right?
uhh - You forgot about the endless games of golf with executive highfliers and the government issued 'soccer mom' kit for every woman in the country (prada sunglasses and a 4x4 too big to drive properly).