Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:25 pm
BLC

Angry Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Folks we need to take a good long hard look at ourselves and the behaviours over the last few weeks, we have lost and are losing so many posters it is not funny.

The level of aggression to each other is astounding to say the least, are we human beings?

I have to say the heart and soul has just gone from this place by bullying tactics and lack of respect.

It's just gone too far in my eyes, to the Forum's loss and to those on their life journey who need support and guidance.

A sad day

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:28 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all
Default Re: Why Are So Many Going Or Not Posting?

Originally Posted by BLC
Folks we need to take a good long hard look at ourselves and the behaviours over the last few weeks, we have lost and are losing so many posters it is not funny.

The level of aggression to each other is astounding to say the least, are we human beings?

I have to say the heart and soul has just gone from this place by bullying tactics and lack of respect.

It's just gone too far in my eyes, to the Forum's loss and to those on their life journey who need support and guidance.

A sad day
Spoken from the heart... well said BLC...
I've not seen so many scrappy little fights since leaving primary school... it's pathetic.

Good on ya... here's hoping you get plenty of support.

RT.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rogue Trader
Spoken from the heart... well said BLC...
I've not seen so many scrappy little fights since leaving primary school... it's pathetic.

Good on ya... here's hoping you get plenty of support.

RT.
Completely agree! I've been reading this Forum since April and so many threads take me back to the school playground. The art of reasonable debate seems to be dwindling And I've also been put off responding sometimes.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:33 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLC

A sad day
Totally agree with you, sometimes you really have to bite your tongue and not rise to the bait of others. That is not always easy though especially if you`ve had a rough day or are feeling fragile.Some seem to enjoy livening things up by verbally mugging others.
However, I do love the fact that you can come on this site and have a moan about your crappy day and people will come back with messages of support (makes me feel all pink and fluffy inside). There are still a lot of nice peopel out there honest!!
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:34 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by The Crow
Completely agree! I've been reading this Forum since April and so many threads take me back to the school playground. The art of reasonable debate seems to be dwindling And I've also been put off responding sometimes.
I have said this in another post, many of us actually communicate more via PM's/Karma/E-mails at the fear of being bullied, berated or just treat like complete idiots. Not on in my book

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:39 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

I have only been on this forum since May and have only recently noticed bickering, but is that because it has only just started or is it because it has got worse. When you talk about people being not being as nice as they used to be, how far back are you going?
I know when I first came on here, I was terrified of posting in case someone was mean to me and when they were for the first time, I myself very nearly turned tail and ran
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:42 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
I have only been on this forum since May and have only recently noticed bickering, but is that because it has only just started or is it because it has got worse. When you talk about people being not being as nice as they used to be, how far back are you going?
I know when I first came on here, I was terrified of posting in case someone was mean to me and when they were for the first time, I myself very nearly turned tail and ran
As many an old poster has said, we do go in cycles with this but I used to really enjoy coming on here, it was so helpful to me in my previous posting life then something has just changed.

You see a debate, it gets closed then re-opened in a new thread, the cycle goes on

We should be able to talk about good and bad, we should be able to challange someone cause we ain't all the oracle of knowledge but it doesn't happen.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:43 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BLC

A sad day
I have wondered over the last few weeks if some people realise that they are dealing with real human beings at the other end of a computer. Each one of us has dreams, hopes, desires and fears. It takes something special to post those feelings onto a forum, to bear your albeit nameless soul to the internet.

Everyone is different and with different opinions and thats what makes this life so great. There's no arguments to be won here, just a collection of opinions, each one completely right as long as that person really believes it so.

Each one of us makes a forum what it is. To have the same opinions would be dull and boring, but to treat each other with respect and civility shouldnt be that hard. Some individuals should be ashamed of the behaviour recently and thank goodness they are able to hide behind computer screens. To everybody else - thank you for making this forum what it is and for keeping my hopes alive during the most stressful of times over the last couple of years.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:49 pm
Professional Princess

BLC, I say we should name and shame the bullies.

(Princess grabs bag of popcorn and hands some to Barry, who stuffs his face with it)

Although, I know wombat is naughty, well wombat is just wombat.

Name and shame the bullies.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:55 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
BLC, I say we should name and shame the bullies.

(Princess grabs bag of popcorn and hands some to Barry, who stuffs his face with it)

Although, I know wombat is naughty, well wombat is just wombat.

Name and shame the bullies.
Haha, maybe that will just pander to their egos

Even the likes of our mate Wombat, at times he drives me mad at other times he makes me howl with laughter, but he is consistant and I would go as far as saying he tries not to be personal or too hurtful.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:00 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by BLC

Even the likes of our mate Wombat, at times he drives me mad at other times he makes me howl with laughter, but he is consistant and I would go as far as saying he tries not to be personal or too hurtful.
I love the wombat.

I reckon when someone abuses a nice poster, we should all gather round and shout 'burn him, gouge his eyes' in an Irish voice as it will be more effective. I saw it in a film once.

Then we chain them up, march them through BE headquarters and let Paul deal with them as he is in charge of discipline.

Then they should be slapped with a dirty pair of knickers and have 'twat' written on their backs.

After that, if they havent changed their ways and said sorry, we can hold them down and shave off their eyebrows and burn their skills assessment and use their passports for cat litter.

Nothing horrible mind.

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:01 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
I love the wombat.

I reckon when someone abuses a nice poster, we should all gather round and shout 'burn him, gouge his eyes' in an Irish voice as it will be more effective. I saw it in a film once.

Then we chain them up, march them through BE headquarters and let Paul deal with them as he is in charge of discipline.

Then they should be slapped with a dirty pair of knickers and have 'twat' written on their backs.

After that, if they havent changed their ways and said sorry, we can hold them down and shave off their eyebrows and burn their skills assessment and use their passports for cat litter.

Nothing horrible mind.
Crazy chickie

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:03 pm
Aussie Citizen

Location: Iz Tralia (as said by my 3-yr-old son)... and LOVING it..!!
Rogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to allRogue Trader is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BLC

I second that..!!
When you read a post by Wombat, you know how to take it... you can sense the genuine nature of it... and whether you agree or not (and I often do )he is, as you say, consistent.
Others, however, are aggressive for the sadistic sake of it.

RT.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:14 pm
wombat42

If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. A nasty forum is much better then a boring forum. Do you want to end up like the Canadian forum where the most exciting topic of conversation at the moment is the difference between Canadian and British semi-skim milk?

Old Aug 30th 2005, 10:16 pm
BLC

Originally Posted by wombat42
If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitcken. A nasty forum is much better then a boring forum. Do you want to end up like the Canadian forum where the most exciting topic of conversation at the moment is the difference between Canadian and British semi-skin milk?
Hey listen we have been backing you The fine line between having a good old slanging match then turning into personal gets over stepped too many times.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.