Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Why is Perth boring?

Why is Perth boring?

Old Aug 18th 2009, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is Perth boring?

Boredom isnt limited to Perth. There was a point when parts of beachside Adelaide started to develop an atmosphere but then a couple of kids went crackers on New Years eve and smashed a couple of plant pots, the council responded by ripping out all the benches on the main drag. Fantastic.

Seems to be that everyday people are encouraged to make their necessary purchases and then move on back to their cells. All this space in this country, yet when you combine dry zones, no smoking areas and no fun zones , youre left standing in your own backyard with non alcoholic wine.

Theres a kerfuffle at the moment here in Adelaide, the council wants people to ask permission to play cricket on the beach!!!!!
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Boredom isnt limited to Perth. There was a point when parts of beachside Adelaide started to develop an atmosphere but then a couple of kids went crackers on New Years eve and smashed a couple of plant pots, the council responded by ripping out all the benches on the main drag. Fantastic.

Seems to be that everyday people are encouraged to make their necessary purchases and then move on back to their cells. All this space in this country, yet when you combine dry zones, no smoking areas and no fun zones , youre left standing in your own backyard with non alcoholic wine.

Theres a kerfuffle at the moment here in Adelaide, the council wants people to ask permission to play cricket on the beach!!!!!
It does at times feel that those above us want nothing more than for us to put in a twelve hour day at work be too knackered to do anything but return to our suburban house,seeing no one,speaking to nought,and just to push the process of home confinement along even more to remove anything that may ease the way with regards to social intercourse with other mere mortals.Hence the move towards social control becomes complete.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the troubadour
It does at times feel that those above us want nothing more than for us to put in a twelve hour day at work be too knackered to do anything but return to our suburban house,seeing no one,speaking to nought,and just to push the process of home confinement along even more to remove anything that may ease the way with regards to social intercourse with other mere mortals. .
That a real contender for the 'Longest Sentence in a Post' Award 2009 . . .
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Tut tut!

Style over content, style over content.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
This may be true.Failed to notice when writing but at least i did remember to add the odd coma....
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:55 am
BE Enthusiast

stm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of lightstm1971 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=Officer Dibble;7852346] All this space in this country, yet when you combine dry zones, no smoking areas and no fun zones , youre left standing in your own backyard with non alcoholic wine.QUOTE]

Agree with the big brother no zones (apart from the smoking one ) leaving social interactions confined to the never ending rounds of BBQ's.

Definitely no non-alcoholic wine in my backyard though, need alcohol to numb the boredom.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=stm1971;7852482]
All this space in this country, yet when you combine dry zones, no smoking areas and no fun zones , youre left standing in your own backyard with non alcoholic wine.QUOTE]

Agree with the big brother no zones (apart from the smoking one ) leaving social interactions confined to the never ending rounds of BBQ's.

Definitely no non-alcoholic wine in my backyard though, need alcohol to numb the boredom.

The downside to BBQ's is that everyone has to stress about how theyre gonna get home.
Old Aug 18th 2009, 6:02 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Could be worse, you could be in Canada!
Attached Thumbnails Why is Perth boring?-canada.bmp  
Old Aug 26th 2009, 3:15 am
Just Joined

JW Frogen is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth is sooooooooooooo boring The Melbourne Age has hired an archeologist to do the travel article about it.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

daniellemc will become famous soon enoughdaniellemc will become famous soon enough

Is it actually Perth thats boring?

Here I am in the UK, sat here on my pc looking at a website, there you all are wherever in the world doing the same?

I complain about the town that I currently live in, however it isnt the town it is that it doesnt offer what I want for me and my family. Everyone complains about where they live, however, I know that when we finally emmigrate we will have the beaches, the sunshine, the time to spend together and the money to do the things that we want to do. I cant wait to spend time going on bike rides and picnics and if this makes me boring then so be it.
I went out with friends the other night in town, loads of pubs, clubs etc. and do you know what? We all complained it was boring! We loved spending time with eachother but the place, the environment... it was boring!
What do people actually want that Perth doesnt offer, if its clubs and culture and Melbourne for example does offer that, then go there?
Me, personally I cant wait to get there!
Danielle
Old Aug 26th 2009, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Zenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to allZenshin is a name known to all

Hi Danielle

I have to agree with you. Everyone wants something different out of life and not everyone wants the clubbing etc. That was something which was important in my late teens and my 20s but now I have family so have changed my wants.

If you are looking forward to bike rides, beaches, picnics, parks etc then I think you will love Perth. Not sure if you have kids but life is never boring with them around as you always have to use your imagination to come up with interesting things for them doesn't matter where you live.

When do you head out to Perth? We have had to change our plans a little but will be out there by mid October and we can't wait to return (being from Perth originally). Looking forward to actually enjoying a summer again and Christmas day spent on the beach or by the pool.
Old Aug 26th 2009, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

daniellemc will become famous soon enoughdaniellemc will become famous soon enough

Hi Zenshin
Thankyou for lovely reply to my post.... We are going in December for 3 weeks to Port Kennedy then we go for good in 2 years (which may as well be a million years away).
Where abouts will you be living?
Yes we have 2 kids, aged 5 and 2 and i cant wait to get there to spend lovely sunny days with them... today, here in the UK we planned to go out, go to park etc, then we were hit with rain and the back end of hurricane Bill! Fabulous! Needless to say, all plans cancelled and the kids spent yet another day inside...
Have you got children?
Danielle