Why Perth?

Old Aug 11th 2003, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynnj
Thank God Whisky i though i'd imagines them

Mind you maybe we should keep it quiet don't want everyone going do we!!!

Lynn

No, I want to get away from the crowds. I am quit happy to be in Perth with the odd person here and there??????

Whisky
Old Aug 11th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nibbs is on a distinguished road

Wifey's family live over that side.

Been there and liked it alot. Lots of nice places down the west coast.

Also been to Sydney and Brisbane (brother lives there) and liked them too.

We'll start off in Perth and move if we really don't like it.

As for isolation, lets face it nowhere in Oz is exactly an hour away from the next city is it? so what's the difference. All you can do is pick somewhere and give it a fair go without too many preconceptions.

I'm sure PB will "correct" us by the morning. Gibbering pillock that he is!
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:02 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Don

Do you have your PB hat on at the moment or are you talking out of your own mouth? Have you ever been to perth? Why is everyone so scared of isolation? Hell Guys the world is small these days!

Lynn
Not exactly my PB hat but a genuine question about why people choose Perth when they could choose anywhere in Aus. You're right, I'd need to see Perth for myself. But I'm the sort of person who does like to jump in the car and go and see another city from time to time (even if we are talking a major journey). Eg did Cairns-Brisbane-Cairns-Brisbane-Cairns and enjoyed it. Or eg here in Europe Munich-Cadiz and back, (with lots on the way), London-Barcelona and back (ditto) - I like motoring!

Get the feeling Perth is just too isolated for that but choose Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane and no problem.
Old Aug 12th 2003, 5:06 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by whisky
No, I want to get away from the crowds. I am quit happy to be in Perth with the odd person here and there??????

Whisky
Like the odd 1.25 million in Perth , you are a dreamer who will sit in some burb dribbling shite to the folks back home about the space that you will not have.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:28 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Nibbs
We'll start off in Perth and move if we really don't like it.

As for isolation, lets face it nowhere in Oz is exactly an hour away from the next city is it? so what's the difference. All you can do is pick somewhere and give it a fair go without too many preconceptions.
But isn't choosing Perth a bit like choosing (say) a city the size of Edinburgh + Glasgow agglomeration with a few other strung out townlets/ residential centres...but then there to be nothing in-between the agglomeration and the next city for something like 4000kms?

Nowt too wrong with that, but since a migrant can choose anywhere in Aus to live, why choose that bit?
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:34 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
But isn't choosing Perth a bit like choosing (say) a city the size of Edinburgh + Glasgow agglomeration with a few other strung out townlets/ residential centres...but then there to be nothing in-between the agglomeration and the next city for something like 4000kms?

Nowt too wrong with that, but since a migrant can choose anywhere in Aus to live, why choose that bit?
I would say safety in numbers at lest 70% of Brits who come to Perth either have friends or family here and mostly in the Pom ghettos up in the Northern burbs .
Then you talk to the new refugees most have never traveled farther than a few streets away from where they were born or seen little of the UK never mind the world.

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:39 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Hi Whiskey

It would appear that PB is so busy with the arsenic that you wit goes right over his head!

Lynn
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:48 am
I'm PR Now!! Yeah!!

Sam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really niceSam&Andy is just really nice

You really are PB aren't you!!!

If you are not already planning to leave, start!! - I am sure Perth would be a nicer place without you!!....

I was born in the UK but was brought up in Australia (Sydney then I went to Perth and then back to Sydney) I loved it there that's why I am moving back with my husband who is a Pommie (who by the way has been to Oz and loves it)!!!

Good luck to all of you who are moving soon. Maybe we might catch up with some of you!!!..

Wow!! Did I really say that - not normally my scene - bagging somebody out but boy do I hate people who have nothing better to do than complain - I understand that you want to let people know the bad points aswell as the good ones (if you think there are any)..

Let people go and make their own decisions be it a good one or a bad one!!!

Cheers

Sam

Penketh, Warrington soon to be Sydney!!!
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Whiskey

It would appear that PB is so busy with the arsenic that you wit goes right over his head!

Lynn

I agree, he's just a pratt son.
He is so bitter and twisted, all he wants to do is spew up shite.

Whisky
Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:51 am
Banned

Hi Whiskey

Lynn
Sorry I thought all refugees were witless?

Old Aug 12th 2003, 7:52 am
Banned

Originally posted by whisky
I agree, he's just a pratt son.
He is so bitter and twisted, all he wants to do is spew up shite.

Whisky
No I would never eat you in the first place?

Old Aug 12th 2003, 8:25 am
BE Forum Addict

And good luck to you back in Blitey PB.