car insurance

Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:59 am
Forum Regular

vivalasvegan is an unknown quantity at this point
Question car insurance

hiya

i read before i moved to Oz that certain insurers would accept UK no-claims bonuses. I have brought the proof over and just wondered if anyone knew the names of these guys? Been here a week now and have had very few probs. It isn't as cheap to live as I had been led to believe and thought myself via holidays, but it is looking very good. You lot who said the supermarkets were poor are wrong, they are not that good! Anyway, will be nice not being owned by Tescos et al...

Cheers
Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:08 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: car insurance

Most will accept verbal confirmation of your UK NCD, even without proof, but I think its good to have the proof with you "just in case". You may need to confirm it in the event of a claim.

www.aami.com.au are a good one, but another "bedgetdirect" I think, may sometimes be cheaper.

Which supermarkets have you been in so far

Old Oct 25th 2004, 1:31 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by vivalasvegan
hiya

i read before i moved to Oz that certain insurers would accept UK no-claims bonuses. I have brought the proof over and just wondered if anyone knew the names of these guys? Been here a week now and have had very few probs. It isn't as cheap to live as I had been led to believe and thought myself via holidays, but it is looking very good. You lot who said the supermarkets were poor are wrong, they are not that good! Anyway, will be nice not being owned by Tescos et al...

Cheers
We have gone with sgio, they accepted our word about the no claims but did say in the event of a claim they would need proof.
Jenny
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

vivalasvegan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Most will accept verbal confirmation of your UK NCD, even without proof, but I think its good to have the proof with you "just in case". You may need to confirm it in the event of a claim.

www.aami.com.au are a good one, but another "bedgetdirect" I think, may sometimes be cheaper.

Which supermarkets have you been in so far
Thanks for that...

Well, safeway reminded me very much of soviet russia... Stuff was thrown on the shelves and everything that I wanted that they stocked was just a big gap. Coles was a tad better but not much. It is good really as the small shops are all but gone in uk yet Oz seems to have lots of really small outfits...

cheers...
Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

kath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura aboutkath n kim has a spectacular aura about

hiya

Cheers
Hiya!
Yep, we had our "no claims" honoured by RACQ just brought letter of proof to show them.
No, a lot of things over here aren't as cheap as you think they're going to be are they!! Thankfully, car insurance isn't one of them...our insurance over here is quite a bit cheaper than the U.K, so I suppose it's "swings and roundabouts"!
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:06 am
ABCDiamond

Thanks for that...

Well, safeway reminded me very much of soviet russia... Stuff was thrown on the shelves and everything that I wanted that they stocked was just a big gap. Coles was a tad better but not much. It is good really as the small shops are all but gone in uk yet Oz seems to have lots of really small outfits...

cheers...
Safeways ? You must be down south then We don't get them up here. Two years ago, our local shopping center consisted of one smallish Franklins, (and that sounded like your "safeway" , ) together with a handful of local shops.

However, with a "small" recent expansion, we now have 2 Woolworths, 1 Bi-Lo, and about another 50-60 speciality shops. And next month we have a K-Mart and an ALDI opening, together with another 30-40 more small shops.

Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Safeways ? You must be down south then We don't get them up here. Two years ago, our local shopping center consisted of one smallish Franklins, (and that sounded like your "safeway" , ) together with a handful of local shops.

However, with a "small" recent expansion, we now have 2 Woolworths, 1 Bi-Lo, and about another 50-60 speciality shops. And next month we have a K-Mart and an ALDI opening, together with another 30-40 more small shops.
We got our insurance from Suncorp and they accepted our no claims.

As for the supermarkets - the Coles here seems really nice to me - there is plenty of fresh stuff available.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 12:21 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Safeways is just Woolworths by another name (down south as you say). All the pre-packaged stuff still says Woolworths.

Cheers
Alistair
Old Oct 25th 2004, 11:37 pm
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Safeways is just Woolworths by another name (down south as you say). All the pre-packaged stuff still says Woolworths.

Cheers
Alistair
I looked it up and found "Woolworths [Safeways in Victoria] is the largest supermarket in Australia "
I wonder why they don't trade under the Woolworths name in Victoria ?