Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Requested Friend.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Got you on it guys I have a few pics of Sunshine Coast from my hols a few years ago will stick them on tomorrow
Old Dec 29th 2009, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoopyL
Got you on it guys I have a few pics of Sunshine Coast from my hols a few years ago will stick them on tomorrow

Cheers. Joined.
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:29 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Too many different groups with "Brisbane" and "Expat" in the title - which group is yours?
Old Dec 29th 2009, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Hey its just under Queensland Expats its a blue sky and beach photo if you want to PM your details I will add you in
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:21 pm
Just Joined

lmct is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes it does look like a ot of people will be going to the Brisbane area in 2010.I am going for holiday Easter, my son & his family moved over 2 years ago, they are absolutely loving it.
Rented for 18 months and had house built with s.pool in Central Lakes area, no way could they have afforded what they have got in England,girls 7& 12
love Oz have really settled in school and made loads of friends. The only thing they miss about England is family and corrie (which is a year behind) dil
is a district nurse and son works at Brisbane airport.
Just remember that you are only a phone call away and if your family are with
talktalk broadband, they get all calls for free to Oz.

Good luck to everyone brave enough to make the move
Old Dec 29th 2009, 11:38 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by lmct
... and if your family are with
talktalk broadband, they get all calls for free to Oz.....
There are lots of ways of getting free calls. If you want free calls from Australia check out the various VOIP operators.

For example http://www.mynetfone.com.au offer a $5 a month account which gives free untimed calls nationwide and international. I havent paid any more than $5 for phone calls for a few years. They are only 1 example though and there are plenty of other providers worth considering.

Its a minor detail in comparison with a lot of other junk - but anyone about to set-up house in Brisbane should think and explore a few options before blindly signing up for an ISP and a Telstra phone and finding themselves locked into an overpriced contract.

http://www.whirlpool.net.au is a great resource for researching isp/voip/telco issues and has a great forum full of geeks happy to help tell why isp X are useless corporate theives and isp y is great.
Old Dec 30th 2009, 9:51 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Requested to join group...if that's ok!?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

Hey guys its not a group just set up a page for us all! If anyone thinks it should be changed to a group feel free to put your bit in

Everyone welcome the more the merrier would love everyone's experiences of getting there and living there
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

newlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nicenewlife_downunder is just really nice

For all guys that are interested in joining the Queensland Expats facebook page I have made please feel free, just search queensland expats....

Excellent will join this
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:12 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys its not a group just set up a page for us all! If anyone thinks it should be changed to a group feel free to put your bit in

Everyone welcome the more the merrier would love everyone's experiences of getting there and living there
A group would prob be the best bet, I've a group already up and running on fb for us Aussie Army Lateral Transfers and it was really easy to set up and is simple to run/moderate, it's up to u?!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

The reason I suggested a group is, you get to set up different discussion threads, very much like BE and it makes it much easier to follow. If you want I can set it up for you?
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

For all guys that are interested in joining the Queensland Expats facebook page I have made please feel free, just search queensland expats....
Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
The reason I suggested a group is, you get to set up different discussion threads, very much like BE and it makes it much easier to follow. If you want I can set it up for you?
Thats the facebook page changed to a group so its just the same name but under a group when searching so Queensland Expats I have added everyone as a friend which is already on this happy chatting guys
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:26 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Thats the facebook page changed to a group so its just the same name but under a group when searching so Queensland Expats I have added everyone as a friend which is already on this happy chatting guys
Excellent, see y'all there!
Old Dec 30th 2009, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.