Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's heading to Qld 2010?

Excellent! Thanks.
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:07 am
Just Joined

marcus_lorraine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we landed on the Gold Coast 17 Jan 10. Staying in Broadbeach at the moment but moving to Runaway Bay next Sunday, we have a 13 year old daughter who we have enrolled at Coombabah State High which she starts next wednesday, any feedback on this school? Thanks anyone else in Runaway Bay?
Old Jan 20th 2010, 11:24 am
Just Joined

timpage74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brisben
I live close to wello point.

My comment on bayside brisbane -

Its a great place
Hi Brisben I'm liking the look of Bayside, Where abouts are you? We have put an offer in on a house, waiting to hear what they say.
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Excellent! Thanks.
np, the first link, vid i made, is now available in fullscreen 1080p
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Flintstones
np, the first link, vid i made, is now available in fullscreen 1080p
I'll have another look. Cheers.

I love HD.

EDIT: Yep, very nice. Thanks.

Last edited by Alfresco; Jan 21st 2010 at 8:24 am. Reason: Add text
Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by timpage74
Hi I'm in Brisbane now, been here since november 18th, I am still waiting for my visa thanks to sept 23rd changes, my girlfriend has been here for 15 months, and I have been coming here to see her. We are looking to live at Wellington point. Anyone in the Bayside area?
We're in the Bayside too,at Cleveland
Old Jan 21st 2010, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

just started visa process
Husband lives in Cairns hoping to get out there by June July time at the latest but don't have a clue how long the process takes!!!!!!
was introduced to this site by an old school friend who used it when she moved over to Australia yrs ago and said it is brilliant

Am a bit of a social butterfly over here and will be leaving a very good life, family and friends so will be keeping my eye on meet ups around the area

looking forward to the journey bring it on xx
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by pink13
just started visa process
Husband lives in Cairns hoping to get out there by June July time at the latest but don't have a clue how long the process takes!!!!!!
was introduced to this site by an old school friend who used it when she moved over to Australia yrs ago and said it is brilliant

Am a bit of a social butterfly over here and will be leaving a very good life, family and friends so will be keeping my eye on meet ups around the area

looking forward to the journey bring it on xx

Good luck with your visa app.
Old Jan 24th 2010, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

Will do once we tell my family we are off................. Only thing i am dreading about the move. Not leaving but telling them. Is there any easy way ????????????????????
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:36 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

No easy way at all. Just announce it. Do they know that you've applied or were thinking about applying. As I kept putting it off, my kids told their grandparents!!!!
So that was it done. Actually they have been slightly postive, well Dad's positive but mum won't discuss it. (She won't even watch Oz soaps anymore and is always phoning to tell me stories about people who don't like it. She even phoned last week to say there was an advert for nurses in Guernsey and didn't I fancy that instead!!!!!)
Now they actually had Oz visas when I was 4 (Yip I had one too) and they backed out at the last moment as my Mum couldn't leave her family - so you'd expect some understanding.
Family's eh?
Old Jan 25th 2010, 8:58 am
Forum Regular

james1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant futurejames1972 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Lyx
No easy way at all. Just announce it. Do they know that you've applied or were thinking about applying. As I kept putting it off, my kids told their grandparents!!!!
So that was it done. Actually they have been slightly postive, well Dad's positive but mum won't discuss it. (She won't even watch Oz soaps anymore and is always phoning to tell me stories about people who don't like it.
:
My dad keeps calling me and telling me about TV Shows where they did not like it (WDU) but normally he calls to switch on the nature program where the 10 most deadly spiders or snakes are on, yep most in Australia

My family are really good though and understand why we are doing it.

We only told close family and friends about the plan at the moment but once visa comes through we will announce it more openly.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 9:21 am
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Lyx
As I kept putting it off, my kids told their grandparents!!!!
Uh oh

We held off telling our family but were constantly petrified our son would beat us to it! We eventually just pipped him to the post and while my family have taken it well (glad to see the back of me I reckon), hubbie's are taking the route of 'never mention it and I'm sure it'll go away!!

Oh dear! Never easy!
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:53 am
Forum Regular

pink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of lightpink13 is a glorious beacon of light

All my family and friends have known about it from the off, and although yes its said and we all know its going to be hard my daughter being the hardest,
we all also its what needs to be done so i can be with my husband and start our new life
on the plus side they have all started saving all ready and at least 3 of them are planning on coming out on boxing day this year!!!! and we are joking they will be there with my husband waving to me via web cam because i will still be stuck here trying to sort out my visa
It is hard but the ones we love let us go when they are read xx
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

LoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really niceLoopyL is just really nice

Originally Posted by pink13
All my family and friends have known about it from the off, and although yes its said and we all know its going to be hard my daughter being the hardest,
we all also its what needs to be done so i can be with my husband and start our new life
on the plus side they have all started saving all ready and at least 3 of them are planning on coming out on boxing day this year!!!! and we are joking they will be there with my husband waving to me via web cam because i will still be stuck here trying to sort out my visa
It is hard but the ones we love let us go when they are read xx
Good luck and all the best
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

hellsbells712 is on a distinguished road

Ohhh I am glad i am not the only one. My family don't know we are going. Well 1 sister knows, excited for us but does not want us to go. Not told parents and other sis, who in fact live in Ireland. How do ya do it??????????
My kids can't wait to go and I cringe everytime we are speaking to Irish rellies on the phone. I keep changing the subject when I think the kids are going to mention the kangaroos. I just know the guilt trip will start as soon as I mention it.
Gonna wait until visa application goes in. Gotta do IELTS on 6th March and nursing skills assessment and tell everyone. Boss at work knows.
Can't wait to get going. Kids are just going to love it.
Good luck everyone with the applications.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.