Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's going to Perth???

Who's going to Perth???

Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:38 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to Perth???

Originally Posted by lened
Going to Perth in two weeks . My daughter and her family are there. I'm going to live in the hills in Glen Forrest a lovely village and not far from the beaches and Perth. I love walking so the walking trails and the National Park is a real bonus.
Ah that's near Darlington and Mahogany Creek....sounds nice
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:39 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bella Donna
Sorry, yes. Note to self - must stop abbreviating - bad habit!
Don't worry about it, I'm used to abbreviations being a Nurse!
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ohippy
We want to go to Perth. Have narrowed it down to three areas :

Butler - NOR
Warnbro - SOR
Mandurah - SOR

Have already checked out Mandurah and surrounding areas and liked it. When we get visas will check out the other areas for schools and work before making final decision. The sooner the better too

What did you like about these three areas and do they compare in the same way or are they very different to each other?
Lynn
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to alllynnbrooks is a name known to all

Originally Posted by peppi
Yep aggree about maddington/gosnells.etc sort of area...we were looking to buy there before we got here as it looked a bit nearer to the city as regards work travelling and cheaper...but we arrived a week ago and went to some open homes last weekend and hated the area...So rethink time and started looking at Rockingham and surrounding areas. Some parts are nice here and some not so good...Parmelia Orelia got knocked on the head straight away...although houses are cheaper in those areas but again you can see why as not so desirable areas. Rockingham Cooloongup,Waikiki,warnbro,port kennedy seem ok...We bought a house in Warnbro yesterday....Its been a right old game thou I have to say and you have to be megga quick to get what you want...no going away and thinking about it...if you want a property say so there and then or it will be gone tomorrow....I am asstounded by how the prices have rocketed in the last 2 years as well...even in the last 4 or 5 months the average house has gone up by $20,000 or so, Originally we were going to land and take our time to look around etc,but have certainly felt under pressure to buy quick before they go up again...The estate agent recons that our new house by christmas will prob have gone up by another 10 - 20 thousand dollars...scarey stuff. we have downsized a little on what we originally planned to buy as well. As I didnt want to sink all our money into buying the house. But I have to say we have ended up with a much bigger and better house than I could have dreamt of owning at home with a 3 x 2 with a pool...The only thing is that the garden is perhaps a nats smaller than I envisaged,wich really isnt a major drama...best of luck to those coming over to buy. My advise is get in quick and get on the agents lists before they go out to being generally advertised. Our house had been on market 2 days...! Shame it couldnt have been like that back in UK when selling eh

Could you tell us why certain areas are not so 'desirable',what are the reasons,is it because of industrial plants,houses,people,...I ask ,for the benefit of those of us still in the u.k. and trying to imagine what you mean,cheers,
Lynn
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnbrooks
What did you like about these three areas and do they compare in the same way or are they very different to each other?
Lynn
They're all fairly close to the ocean and you can get a 4x2 for $300/$350 k. Primary and senior schools are good as well as access for hubby to work (brickie) and close enough to facilities that I won't get bored being a full time housewife !
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

They're all fairly close to the ocean and you can get a 4x2 for $300/$350 k. Primary and senior schools are good as well as access for hubby to work (brickie) and close enough to facilities that I won't get bored being a full time housewife !

I thought that butler was too new to have schools or have they opened schools there now?
Also,if in your opinion,what's the pro's and cons between the NOR and SOR?
Lynn
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

I thought that butler was too new to have schools or have they opened schools there now?
Lynn
I've been in email contact with a primary school in Butler and they said that another is due to open 2006 for East Butler. No senior schools yet though one is planned. I think a lot of kids go to Clarkson Community.

I can't really comment on pros and cons as we only ever visited SOR as we could only get regional visa at the time but brickies now on MODL.

We plan to visit each of the three areas and decide based on schools, affordability and access to work for hubby. On reccie, it only took a few days in each area to see if they were worth investigating further.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've been in email contact with a primary school in Butler and they said that another is due to open 2006 for East Butler. No senior schools yet though one is planned. I think a lot of kids go to Clarkson Community.

I can't really comment on pros and cons as we only ever visited SOR as we could only get regional visa at the time but brickies now on MODL.

We plan to visit each of the three areas and decide based on schools, affordability and access to work for hubby. On reccie, it only took a few days in each area to see if they were worth investigating further.

When do you go on your reccie?
I'm going 2-20 Nov to suss things out,
Lynn
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

When do you go on your reccie?
I'm going 2-20 Nov to suss things out,
Lynn
We went on reccie August 2004 - but only visited south from Bunbury up to Rockingham.

Next visit will be the permanent one - well it had better be ! If you find out any info on your reccie - please let me know
Old Oct 4th 2005, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

We went on reccie August 2004 - but only visited south from Bunbury up to Rockingham.

Next visit will be the permanent one - well it had better be ! If you find out any info on your reccie - please let me know

Will do,nice to chat with you,thanx,off to bed now,i'll look out for you again the next time i'm on,cheers,
Lynn
Old Oct 13th 2005, 10:34 pm

Anyone else?
Old Oct 14th 2005, 6:09 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Lynn
They have opened a Catholic primary and secondary in Butler. Seem really good.
Gillian
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sme
They have opened a Catholic primary and secondary in Butler. Seem really good.
Gillian

I take it that they are private,the secondry?
Lynn
Old Oct 14th 2005, 12:50 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

I take it that they are private,the secondry?
Lynn

Yes but "reasonable" costs ie 2000 AUD per child
Old Oct 14th 2005, 1:26 pm
Banned

slug is an unknown quantity at this point

Perth has far too many scousers for my liking. As I recall pops would only let Liverpudlians work in the gardens. Never let them near them the valuables.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.