Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's going to Perth???

Who's going to Perth???

Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:54 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who's going to Perth???

We also want to go to Perth. Got the visas recently and are going on a visa validation trip to Perth in December (leaving UK on Boxing Day).

Purely based on what we've read we would prefer to live north of the river. But we'll see once we get there. And it'll depend on where we get jobs - wouldn't want to have too far to commute.

Gina
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:57 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Emzee
I am not slagging of Perth. I am just stating my opinion of Rockingham and as Worzel has never been to WA and is playing it by ear, i thought he may be interested in the thoughts of people who live in those areas.
I totally agree, we all have a right to our own opinions.

Just sick of the bad press Perth is getting atm, and don't want this to go the same way as all the other threads
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:05 pm
Life is good

claire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to allclaire edwards is a name known to all

I will be looking to live in the following areas:

White gum valley
East/south and central Fremantle
Would consider beaconsfield, hilton, spearwood and suburbs a little further out of Fremantle they are not walking distance into Fremantle, but the properties are loads cheaper in suburbs further out. I will be doing some more research when I get out there.

I love cottesloe - although I can't afford it!
Personally, I wouldn't live in Rockingham, have visited but as a personal preference, I would rather be near Fremantle - that's my personal opinion.

I suppose it depends on what you want from an erea and what suits you.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:10 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Just sick of the bad press Perth is getting atm, and don't want this to go the same way as all the other threads

Every city will get bad press, as they say you can't please all the people all the time.

Brissy is to hot
Perth is to quiet & isolated
Sydney is to busy
Melbourne is to cold
Adelaide is............well its Adelade.

Each to there own, Australia is a huge country, if someone doesn't like the city they are in they can easily p**s off to another.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 12:28 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy
Every city will get bad press, as they say you can't please all the people all the time.

Brissy is to hot
Sydney is to busy
Melbourne is to cold

Each to there own, Australia is a huge country, if someone doesn't like the city they are in they can easily p**s off to another.
Old Sep 30th 2005, 1:03 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bordy

Brissy is to hot
Sydney is to busy
Melbourne is to cold

Well said

Kris x
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:55 pm

So getting back to the question

Just wondering out of everyone who has received/in the process of applying for their visas, how many of you are planning to go to Perth....and which suburb? and why?
Old Sep 30th 2005, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by GinaUK
We also want to go to Perth. Got the visas recently and are going on a visa validation trip to Perth in December (leaving UK on Boxing Day).

Purely based on what we've read we would prefer to live north of the river. But we'll see once we get there. And it'll depend on where we get jobs - wouldn't want to have too far to commute.

Gina
North of Perth is the place we want to be...not too far from a train station, as neither of us can drive yet

We are planning to learn when we get over there

Good luck with the move Gina
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Kheldar is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Who's going to Perth???

Hi All

Good thread this one.

My wife and I are hoping to emigrate in 2007.

Shes got a profession which currently is sought after for extra points so we're just looking recently into all the forms etc. We've passed a couple of basis online assessments so far and are now looking to get more into the process.

Checking out using an agent or not atm.....

We're coming out to Perth next Jan 06

I have friends / relations from my mother who eimgrated in the 60's and then came home !

We're looking to move eventually to Perth. Not a clue where yet.....our 9 weeks in Oz next year will help us decide on a lot of things....not least of which confirm that we do want to move.

So i;'ll be keeping a lot more eye on here and no doubt asking questions about the form filling process over the coming weeks
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

We want to go to Perth. Have narrowed it down to three areas :

Butler - NOR
Warnbro - SOR
Mandurah - SOR

Have already checked out Mandurah and surrounding areas and liked it. When we get visas will check out the other areas for schools and work before making final decision. The sooner the better too
Old Sep 30th 2005, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

HI there - we are both nurses, (well I'm a midwife). Andy has had a positive skills assessment - he's the visa applicant. We are hoping to be in Perth 2006. The areas we are looking at, at the moment are Mandurah - Andy's uncle lives there or Bunbury (No screaming I know its not Perth). May change our minds when we get there and all is dependant on jobs especially as I want to do agency rather than contract.

Lindsey
Old Sep 30th 2005, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by nurselindsey
HI there - we are both nurses, (well I'm a midwife). Andy has had a positive skills assessment - he's the visa applicant. We are hoping to be in Perth 2006. The areas we are looking at, at the moment are Mandurah - Andy's uncle lives there or Bunbury (No screaming I know its not Perth). May change our minds when we get there and all is dependant on jobs especially as I want to do agency rather than contract.

Lindsey
I was thinking about joining a nursing agency, but my friend who lives in Perth pointed out that when you go to work new country, using a system you have never worked with before, it can be pretty daunting. So I may consider that option at a later date.

Just something to think about
Old Sep 30th 2005, 7:46 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point

We arrive in Perth Jan 10th 06 and will buy some where up near quinns rocks as we love it up there
Can't wait
Old Sep 30th 2005, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Perthforme
We arrive in Perth Jan 10th 06 and will buy some where up near quinns rocks as we love it up there
Can't wait
It is gorgeous up there...a lovely spot to live
Old Sep 30th 2005, 9:12 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough

I leave for Singapore on Sunday 2nd October (Just checked in online tonight as it happens, and now filling in all my tax closing down forms - what a joy) and then onto Perth on 7th October. I am renting a place in Rockingham for 3 weeks then in Scarborough beach for another 3 weeks. This will give us enough time to scoot around to all the suburbs and decide where to settle. When we decide that, we'll either rent for 6 months or buy a place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.