Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who would you choose?

View Poll Results: Who Would you choose?
Crown Relocations
12.50%
PSS
37.50%
London Excess Baggage Company
9.38%
Other, please explain in post who and why.
40.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Who would you choose?

Old May 11th 2007, 3:25 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who would you choose?

I voted other....We had Pickfords, could not fault them in the UK, bit hit and miss in Aus because they sub contracted to Aus people. Grace etc.

Business move so we had all the top class folders etc. Moved a pool table with slate - own box made for it - arrived in perfect condition and they let us keep the box for the later move.

Nothing broken, all on time to the day six weeks, only Aus red tape kept a lawnmower back for a couple of weeks.

Regards
Old May 11th 2007, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
Doree Bonner. Excellent imo.

Crown are more for executive relocations. They'll do your regular move but they'll charge you an arm and a leg for the privilege.

DB use Grace this end who, imo, are excellent.
Agree with this, we used DB and Grace this end - no problems and cheapest as well (3600)
Old May 12th 2007, 9:34 am
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
We are having difficulty deciding who to ship our goods. People recommend Crown but have found them to be quite expensive and unflexible. We dont have much to take. Around 200 cubic feet.

Thank you x
I hear you! Crown quoted us 8000 pounds for 40ft cont. while Dorre Bonner and European Van Lines both quoted 500 pounds. We wanted to use DB but they were fully booked so we went with EVL instead and they did a fine job-no complaints.

ACE

Last edited by ACE; May 12th 2007 at 9:37 am.
Old May 12th 2007, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

seasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond reputeseasprite has a reputation beyond repute

doree bonner; superb there and back again... Grace ; omg, actually forgot to turn up on move day and had to leave them to it whilst we got flights home.
Old May 12th 2007, 11:26 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

We chose Whites. I've used them three times before now and never had any bother. They are also VERY reasonable.

*pearly*

P.S. A word of warning..... The Quarantine Inspection Fee is not normally covered in your original quote from the Uk and you have to pay it at the Australain end. It's about $345 if I remember. You'll also have to pay any customs fees if you have packed alcohol!! ( we got caught out with that one!! ) Our shipping is being delivered on Tuesday as last!
Old May 12th 2007, 3:09 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Right then I am off to look up Doree Bonner and Grace....
Thanks guys
Just one query? Do you book them seperately? Or is it the one company in the UK that uses another in Oz?
I suppose if I google it I will find it?
Old May 12th 2007, 10:11 pm
Gold Coast and Loving it.

nick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond reputenick72 has a reputation beyond repute

Anywhere on the South Coast...

Check out Alpha International...

They shipped us to the Gold Coast and stuff took 5 weeks to get here !!!

Nick Clarke at Alpha International.

http://www.ai-uk.co.uk

Nick (nothing to do with the other Nick lol)
Old May 12th 2007, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

kevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond reputekevinbloomfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Right then I am off to look up Doree Bonner and Grace....
Thanks guys
Just one query? Do you book them seperately? Or is it the one company in the UK that uses another in Oz?
I suppose if I google it I will find it?
Doree Bonner is the UK company and they use Grace in OZ. Also check out John Mason's, if nothing else you can play DB off against JM price wise. That's what we did and managed to get 300 quid knocked off the price. DB are also negotiable on the insurance. I think we paid 2% or so, a little more than Letton Percival but a lot easier to sort out.
Old May 13th 2007, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

UK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to allUK2Perth is a name known to all

I would use Anglo Pacific. They quoted us £3700 for a 20ft container including all packing of every item and unpacking in Oz.

We did have a quote from Crown and they were just as professional but thier quote was £4800!!!!! They did seem good but not £1100 better!

Good luck.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:18 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by UK2Perth
I would use Anglo Pacific. They quoted us £3700 for a 20ft container including all packing of every item and unpacking in Oz.

We did have a quote from Crown and they were just as professional but thier quote was £4800!!!!! They did seem good but not £1100 better!

Good luck.
You should search for AP and ask Polly how she got on with them.
Old May 14th 2007, 7:23 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute

|We went with Brittania - they were excellent