Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who is sick of Australia?

who is sick of Australia?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:58 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who is sick of Australia?

Originally Posted by fraser
Possibly, all conjecture
True, also most Australian professionals who go off to work in the UK or America tend to return, especially when they start a family.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:59 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Just read the report...

"Those leaving are almost equally divided between Australian born and overseas born."

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Wendy
Make your own

Or you may just have to give in and learn to like wine or lager
Or get into Mountain Goat, Red Hill, Hargreaves Hill, Coopers, Monteiths (yes, Kiwi, but it's everywhere) and so on.

Just steer clear of the Carlton.....
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

koalatea is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by fraser
Me too, get yourself to Melbourne G
Well said. Inner suburbs are superb for pubs. Too many good ones to mention.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:42 am
_

Kalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond reputeKalenge has a reputation beyond repute

True, also most Australian professionals who go off to work in the UK or America tend to return, especially when they start a family.
Exactly!

Every one of my Aussie mates in the UK and Europe returned back to Oz in the end. Europe for them was a great place to travel, have a party, and make some money, but when it came to settling down they all went back to Oz for the good life = and I can see why.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 12:53 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kalenge
Exactly!

Every one of my Aussie mates in the UK and Europe returned back to Oz in the end. Europe for them was a great place to travel, have a party, and make some money, but when it came to settling down they all went back to Oz for the good life = and I can see why.
Exactly, who'd want to raise kids there at the moment? on the brink of the worst recession since 1929 - madness.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Exactly, who'd want to raise kids there at the moment? on the brink of the worst recession since 1929 - madness.
Why would you want to raise kids anywhere - madness
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you who have asked yes the figures include people who migrate get residency and then return to UK heard a talking head on the radio saying the figures for leaving are skewed.

That said the more that leave the better, more water for me.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

I think this used to be true but now most Aussie expats I know used to think they wanted to raise a family there but changed their mind after visiting in the last few years. I know two couples who moved back there to start a family who then decided it wasn't the way they remembered it so left again!

I think it's different for non-professionals though, they tend to return most of the time and much sooner.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: An expat Aussie trying to understand why anyone wants to move to Oz.
Devlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of lightDevlin is a glorious beacon of light

What makes you think Australia will avoid the global slump?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:08 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Devlin
What makes you think Australia will avoid the global slump?
Not sure it will but were much better placed to ride it out i.e. it's sunny and I've got a fishing rod. Back in the UK we'd be starving and huddling round a cande for warmth.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:03 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure it will but were much better placed to ride it out i.e. it's sunny and I've got a fishing rod. Back in the UK we'd be starving and huddling round a cande for warmth.
Candle? Bloody luxury ...
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to know how that figure impacts on the much used "loads of people moving to WA each week" stuff.

I assume that when people who push these figures about people moving to WA they aren't talking about a net figure - just the in-flows.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by koalatea
Well said. Inner suburbs are superb for pubs. Too many good ones to mention.
If you want beer, check out Lambs Go Bar on Greeves Street just off Smith St in Fitzroy.
If you can't find a beer there to suit you then you might as well give up! It's a great little pub too.

Check out their drinks list

http://www.lambsgobar.com.au/fridge/
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:06 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GordonH
I am sick

what do I see in OZ?
..dogdy job agents, real estate agents, poor quality houses and items, poor customer service, overpriced, overrated "Oz is the best"...what more?
Could be worse

You could be in NZ where its more expensive, less remunerated but oh what wonderful countryside.

Where the men are men and the sheep are scared.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.