Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who is sick of Australia?

who is sick of Australia?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 1:28 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: who is sick of Australia?

Originally Posted by Margaret3
bix for gawds sake its the guys 2nd post and if its gordy i know, he was just venting, he likes the place (and coping), a helluva lot better than me, hes a top bloke, just goes to show how cyber world can be so misleading. I have never heard him mention BE before, he always used bordys site (and am sure bordy will vouch for the guy too). I think he's stumbled on this site and posted 'off the cuff', without realising the crazy BE politics involved, and how some of the politicians on here think their shit dont stink, lol, and am sure, as usual it will turn into people being 'oh so witty' about living in aus, i've read these posts a hundred times, its like living in a repition world on BE, which is why people seek out other sites, we've read all the insulting arguments before, and i dare say we will read them all again.

Well at least its reminded me not to read too much into posts and that people's posts do not reflect the people they are, i just cant believe this thread, its a load of crap over a few words,

I bet he'll look at this shake his head, laugh at the pish on it and reach for another beer while enjoying the lovely suburb he stays in, the guys had a bad day!!!!!!,
Maggie, for gawds sake.

You've read these posts a hundred times so surely you realise if I was replying to GordonH in particular I would have quoted his post.

Personally it doesn't affect me whether he's had a bad day or not although I hope every day is good for us all.

Nah, my post was merely commenting on the general flow of the thread and subject matter so stop getting your nickers in a twist.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I know I will get the same pile of abuse I expect in my inbox now when wading into a thread like this....BUT.....

Australia is not heaven for everyone.
Some people do not think everything is wonderful.
Not everyone finds they have a better life once they get here.
Not everyone can just "go home".

BE exists for the benefit of those who are struggling as well as for those who think it is great.

It would be appreciated if people could take a step back and remember that everyones experiences are individual, and they are all welcome on this site. All we ask is that you are all considerate towards each other, and you all remember to respect the views of those around you.
Oh so true! Well put, Polly!
Old Oct 6th 2008, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond reputeOlibeneli has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jellibaby
oh dear I don't know whether I can stand it anymore - the sun, the surf, watching the whales from the cafe, having to slap so much factor 30+ on every morning, having to clean the leaves out of the pool, having to wax the surfboard every other week, and I'm just sick of all of those pretty parrots hanging around on the garden fence and as for the koalas in the trees - what a pain - yes the UK has its draws - I mean who could resist the rain, the damp, the queues, the road rage, the recession, the negative house prices, the bickering, the politics - well there is no competition really eh!
Look.....be sensible.

I have read about murders in Wollongong, queued for ages in Oz stores, concluded Australias labour party is corrupt to the core, understood how shite infrastructure planning is, realised that the UK NHS is far superior to the medicare system, endured hoons in road rage, endured no-end of racism and more besides. What about that poor kid in the Perth shopping mall........Yep......strike a light Oz has crime just like everywhere else.

I also endured beautiful beaches and wonderous wildlife.....stunning stuff.

Lets just get a sense of balance to all our comments, good and bad.

I you read Hutchs blog you'd be amazed how anyone would want to stay in Oz given how he describes some things but he is still happy (I think) because he's adapted....not everyone can but at least he's painted an honest picture.

The sooner everyone realises that shit places are everywhere the better.
Conversely, there's good everywhere aswell.

Last edited by Olibeneli; Oct 6th 2008 at 8:58 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

What really bugs me about living here is going to the beach and being alone, I miss those hoards of people pushing and shoving to fit their beach chairs and kick sand in my face. Going off to a quiet tourist spot and finding everyone else is there too and we have to queue. Its terrible living here I must return immediately. Parking here is a problem as well its costs such a lot of money and I hate going to the pub here and having to watch my car in the car park on the security screen above the bar.

Must go back now.

Old Oct 6th 2008, 9:45 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 4Margaret
I hate going to the pub here and having to watch my car in the car park on the security screen above the bar.
I might have that problem if I could actually find a pub worth going to.

The pubs are as shite as the beer.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I might have that problem if I could actually find a pub worth going to.

The pubs are as shite as the beer.
There are some really nice pubs in and around the Dandenong Ranges - some even sell proper beer
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:18 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Maggie, for gawds sake.

You've read these posts a hundred times so surely you realise if I was replying to GordonH in particular I would have quoted his post.

Personally it doesn't affect me whether he's had a bad day or not although I hope every day is good for us all.

Nah, my post was merely commenting on the general flow of the thread and subject matter so stop getting your nickers in a twist.
oh

i've straigtenend my knickers out now.
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:52 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
There are some really nice pubs in and around the Dandenong Ranges - some even sell proper beer
It's a long way to go for a pint though
Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:56 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

And yet, England isn't?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

but i'd join you and am sure rach (crow) would too
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Hutch
And yet, England isn't?

Ah.....but it is so much more worth the effort
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:04 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hutch
And yet, England isn't?

Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Ah.....but it is so much more worth the effort
so am i
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:06 pm
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by Margaret3
so am i

Indeed

....but, at the moment, a decent pint is my priority
Old Oct 6th 2008, 11:08 pm
Account Closed

Indeed

....but, at the moment, a decent pint is my priority
ok, i can appreciate that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.