Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who hasn't found a job yet?

Who hasn't found a job yet?

Old Jan 2nd 2010, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

cornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who hasn't found a job yet?

thats what i love about this forum,very constructive replies.thank you caliburn its has been noted and thank you for the advice.
its because of people like you that i rarely post on here.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 8:55 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornishexpat
If your lucky and there maybe a relief driver on site so you do 3 or 4 hours at a time.But i have nearly always been the only driver on site,so you climb with your bag(containing your lunch box and an empty bottle and your flask).the empty bottle is for toilet breaks as you maybe up there up to 10-14 hours.my last site in london i climbed at 715am and was never on the ground before 7pm.if your lucky to get a lunch break you turn up the radio and recline the seat and relax.
My God! How can that even be legal?

Anyway, fingers crossed you get work soon.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

cornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the roughcornishexpat is a jewel in the rough

hi dreamy,
Thank you very much.
we just get on with it, its a job i love and know and i was extremely well rewarded for the long days/weeks.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 10:09 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

hi dreamy,
Thank you very much.
we just get on with it, its a job i love and know and i was extremely well rewarded for the long days/weeks.
I think it looks like a really cool yet very lonely job. Good luck with your search in Brisbane.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

thank you dorothy,
it can be lonely at times when quiet but when its busy time does fly by.
its strange because you tend to become very good friends with the guy on the other end of the radio on the ground.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:53 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

thats what i love about this forum,very constructive replies.thank you caliburn its has been noted and thank you for the advice.

Ere me ansome. You dunwanabe gitin techy now.
Twas a genuine nough question. Can't see no malice there.

Maybe he's the guy on t'other end of radio.
Old Jan 2nd 2010, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

hi Bix
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:00 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

hi Bix
Enjoy your first Aussie xmas mate?
I'm looking forward to a nice home made pasty today.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

It was a great xmas thanks hope you had a good one,i do miss the home made pasty.Mrs and i were chatting on skype to family and they taunted us with the homemade pasty.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:16 am
Bix
da Bonehead

It was a great xmas thanks hope you had a good one,i do miss the home made pasty.Mrs and i were chatting on skype to family and they taunted us with the homemade pasty.
Missus does a good one so we have them every week.
Took her a few attempts to adjust the ingredients of the pastry to get the same result though. First couple were rock hard so would have survived any mine shaft.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

i have a feeling our first attempts will be like yours.but we must persevere as its been a long time since we had a good pasty.December 08 we went down to Cornwall for Xmas and havent had a homemade one since then.had to make do with the bakehouse ones found in london.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 2:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

caliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of lightcaliburn is a glorious beacon of light

my apologies, didn't mean to hurt you mate. that was naiive of me to ask such a question. well, you seem to like your job and get adequately rewarded for it, which is all that matters. wish you the very best for future.
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

I didn't think the question was that bad. Plenty of people have had to diversify in their jobs in the last year or two to keep the money coming in.

We are heading to Brisbane ourselves in April to validate and then we will check out job market.

lots of luck to you all
Old Jan 3rd 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

soulrebel will become famous soon enoughsoulrebel will become famous soon enough

Hi
Anyone had trouble with finding work in finance/banking/accounting?
Thanks
Old Jan 13th 2010, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

hotcat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soulrebel
Hi
Anyone had trouble with finding work in finance/banking/accounting?
Thanks
I am. I keep getting rejections! I've sent out about 50 applications since November and still nothing. Was advised to "move to Australia first before looking for a job because employers aren't interested until you are actually in the country" so that's exactly what I did... but it seems they're still not interested!

Spoke to a recruitment agent who said "If you don't have Australian work experience your application is likely to be rejected" - but how am I supposed to get Australian work experience if nobody in Australia is willing to hire me because I don't have Australian work experience? It feels like I'm chasing my tail!

I have rewritten and reformatted my resume to Australian requirements (after researching the internet and Australian resume writing books). My visa is a sub-class 175 which allows me to work in Australia without any encumbrances. Should I mention this in my cover letters? In fact, should I even mention that I have recently migrated to Australia, or would this be a factor for immediate rejection of my application?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.