Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

TMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to beholdTMRE is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Good luck to everyone in this position.

I'm curious to hear what changes people are making to improve their (potentially) precarious position. eg stopped buying clothes, going out once a week and then for a drink/coffee as opposed to a meal, taken a second or third job, stopped buying take-aways and lunches, reduced the amount of meat in the diet.

I was once in the position of having the equivalent of £8 in my bank account. Bloke left me, and I'd stupidly let my savings drop. I was left with all the outgoings (rent etc) which had been split between us. I earned $410 a week net. My outgoings were $395.

I recovered by doing the things above, and of course by getting a new flatmate.
Give up my clothes closet never!!. Well the BMW X5, Jag and the C class run around are only filled 4 times a week now. The girls are rationed to steak and caviar 6 times a week and we now use matches to light the fire instead of £50 notes. Jeeves our butler and Agatha the Swedish nanny need their own room each so no spares to rent! Haven't been near the Yacht for 3 days now. Life's just getting so tough at the moment. If it carries on we may have to sell the plasma TV from the conservatory
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:26 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by TMRE
Give up my clothes closet never!!. Well the BMW X5, Jag and the C class run around are only filled 4 times a week now. The girls are rationed to steak and caviar 6 times a week and we now use matches to light the fire instead of £50 notes. Jeeves our butler and Agatha the Swedish nanny need their own room each so no spares to rent! Haven't been near the Yacht for 3 days now. Life's just getting so tough at the moment. If it carries on we may have to sell the plasma TV from the conservatory
ROTFLMAO
Very funny.......really can't imagine living like that in the first place!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:43 am
aka DORIS

wardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond reputewardy2 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Beth

Sorry to hear you are still having no luck not been around much lately so haven't kept up.

Does that mean hubby is not going to accept the job in Tas.

Our house sale is still going through but I wont count my chickens til everything is signed.

I am a nervous wreck

kaye x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 11:46 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wardy2
Hi Beth

Sorry to hear you are still having no luck not been around much lately so haven't kept up.

Does that mean hubby is not going to accept the job in Tas.

Our house sale is still going through but I wont count my chickens til everything is signed.

I am a nervous wreck

kaye x
Hi Kaye,
Andrew has accepted the job in Tas.......and they are ok at the mo about the delay. Doubt the job will be ok in a few months time though
Taking each day as it comes now.......fate will have to guide us from now on!!!
Hope your house sale is stress free hun,
Beth x x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 12:25 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

We were on the market about 9 months but finally had to validate in Feb.
Cost me 6 grand but i think it was worth it .....didnt really have any choice

I think you just have to use the 'inconvience' to your advantage

Hope you sell soon

Lee
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

Hi

Our house has been on the market since last May, alot of time wasters have been, and we've had two extremely cheeky offers.

On Wednesday we felt so deflated that we reduced it by another £5,000 but we're not reducing it again.

We booked our flights (emirates) earlier in the year to go over to brisbane in August for a holiday to validate our visas. If we do sell the house before August we can change the return date for free and come back to visit family next year - all being well!

We all feel extremely fed up and just want to go even my daughter (8) can't wait.

We have a viewer coming round tomorrow and they've sold so we are keeping our fingers crossed!!!

Claire x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 1:45 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Gallaghers
Hi

Our house has been on the market since last May, alot of time wasters have been, and we've had two extremely cheeky offers.

On Wednesday we felt so deflated that we reduced it by another £5,000 but we're not reducing it again.

We booked our flights (emirates) earlier in the year to go over to brisbane in August for a holiday to validate our visas. If we do sell the house before August we can change the return date for free and come back to visit family next year - all being well!

We all feel extremely fed up and just want to go even my daughter (8) can't wait.

We have a viewer coming round tomorrow and they've sold so we are keeping our fingers crossed!!!

Claire x
Keeping my fingers crossed for your viewing tomorrow
Really hope you get a good offer!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Gallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant futureGallaghers has a brilliant future

Cheers for that!!

Hope all goes well for you and I suppose you've got to keep reminding yourselves why you're doing it, and it will all come good in the end. That's what we're trying to do anyway. x

Claire
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:09 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Gallaghers
Cheers for that!!

Hope all goes well for you and I suppose you've got to keep reminding yourselves why you're doing it, and it will all come good in the end. That's what we're trying to do anyway. x

Claire
Just sent you some karma for your viewing tomorrow
Let us know how it goes!!!!
Beth x x
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Really hope all of your house sales go through soon as I can only imagine how it feels having the visa but not being able to leave.

We are having our house valued next week and will be putting it on straight after that. I only sent of my RPL on Tuesday but we are trying to get everything sold as early as possible as we can see problems selling with the market as it is.

We are in an awkward position as well, in that we bought 3 years ago when prices were high, so our 2 bed end terrace has only gone up £15k, so don't want to drop it much. Once we sell we are going to rent until the visa is sorted. If we can't get a 175 visa we are just going to get a WHV and then look for a 457 when we are out there, but again like everyone here, it depends how quick the house sells.

Good luck to everyone!
Old Apr 4th 2008, 2:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
Really hope all of your house sales go through soon as I can only imagine how it feels having the visa but not being able to leave.

We are having our house valued next week and will be putting it on straight after that. I only sent of my RPL on Tuesday but we are trying to get everything sold as early as possible as we can see problems selling with the market as it is.

We are in an awkward position as well, in that we bought 3 years ago when prices were high, so our 2 bed end terrace has only gone up £15k, so don't want to drop it much. Once we sell we are going to rent until the visa is sorted. If we can't get a 175 visa we are just going to get a WHV and then look for a 457 when we are out there, but again like everyone here, it depends how quick the house sells.

Good luck to everyone!

Do you really need to sell your house?

Houses in the same street as me that are for sale - there are five that I can see from the front door - have all been on the market for 3 - 10 months. No more than 3 viewings for any of them....well, that's what they are telling us.

The market here is dead - unless you are willing to accept a price which seems to be very, very low to the seller. (eg on market for 170, Ill offer 125 max.)
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Apryl will become famous soon enough

Hi Beth,
We are validating visas in May,we live in Spain and have the same problem over here ,so many houses been built but not enough people buying,also exchange rate is bad ,(pound to euro),.We applied for our visas(136)in august but frontloaded everything ,so need to go before 24th May 08 .We have a business over here also but it looks like its sold (thank god!)
We are a family of 4 and to fly over to OZ from Spain is costing us about 10k sterling ,big bucks off our Ozzie fund! but can't wait to go!
Anyway good luck to everyone in same boat . it Will all come good
Apryl
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:26 pm
Forum Regular

Lee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud ofLee&Jade has much to be proud of

Hi all
I know how you all feel as we where in the same situation. we sold the house then they pulled out on the day of exchange and we had to go and validate visa's, cost us 5k. then came back to have two more sales fall through. forth time and we exchanged contracts yesterday, so hang on in there it will happen in the end it just takes time.
Lee
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Do you really need to sell your house?

Houses in the same street as me that are for sale - there are five that I can see from the front door - have all been on the market for 3 - 10 months. No more than 3 viewings for any of them....well, that's what they are telling us.

The market here is dead - unless you are willing to accept a price which seems to be very, very low to the seller. (eg on market for 170, Ill offer 125 max.)
Yes, we have no intention of staying here anyway. We have had too many problems with youths in the area the last few months, that if we weren't going to Oz we would have gone anyway.

If we can list it now we have more time to shift it, as opposed to doing it at a later date.

We have no intention of staying in the UK anyway so it needs to go.
Old Apr 4th 2008, 3:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
Yes, we have no intention of staying here anyway. We have had too many problems with youths in the area the last few months, that if we weren't going to Oz we would have gone anyway.

If we can list it now we have more time to shift it, as opposed to doing it at a later date.

We have no intention of staying in the UK anyway so it needs to go.
OK. I understand where you are coming from. However, your intention does not mean that you have to sell.

I guess what I'm trying to point out, is it may be that you do sell at a huge loss. The prices will go up again, it may just take a while.

I left Oz for good, left my house in the hands of a rental agency nowhere near anyone that I knew. All worked out fine. I was advised to leave cash to cover six months worth of holding costs (I left a year's worth.) I eventually sold it when I was ready - about six years later.

I'm just trying to point out that there are alternatives, which may not really be considered unless emotion is put aside

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.