Where to live?

Old Mar 21st 2015, 1:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live?

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
The OP is an extraction from another post :

I deleted a similar post by them in another thread - not sure what they are trying to achieve though
Well detected....ancient form of spam, we had a lot of spammers doing that years ago.

Bye Bye Rose.....nice try
Old Mar 21st 2015, 10:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
Well, as I live here and not anywhere else in Aus, it's difficult to comment on the difference in daylight-it is what it is. We do like the fact that the days have a UK-like difference in length between summer and winter though.
Yes it was a tad colder here than usual over summer, and a little more rain than usual, but we still had some lovely 36-37C days.
As to "dreading winter"-no! Having experienced the worst that UK winters can be in years gone by, winter here is a walk in the park. Literally. In shorts and a tee most of the time once the day warms up. Born and bred Taswegians do look at us a bit askance though, not wearing woolly jumpers....
Thanks for the feedback.

I found walking around Hobart from one end to the other in winter really refreshing.... From The Cascade Brewery to the Botanical Gardens and back to the Travel lodge. On Two Separate days I will hasten to add.

Is Hobart getting noticeably busier every year ?

We are both right into gardening these days, with major interest in Ginseng and Bamboo, Tasmania has a fantastic climate for growing a wide range of plants, but one thing worries me about Hobart, is it's reputation for being a dry town... Not sure if your into gardening but is the lack of rain a issue for Gardens do you think. It didn't appear to be to me whilst wandering and having a sticky at peoples gardens.
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 7:06 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Thanks for the feedback.

I found walking around Hobart from one end to the other in winter really refreshing.... From The Cascade Brewery to the Botanical Gardens and back to the Travel lodge. On Two Separate days I will hasten to add.

Is Hobart getting noticeably busier every year ?

We are both right into gardening these days, with major interest in Ginseng and Bamboo, Tasmania has a fantastic climate for growing a wide range of plants, but one thing worries me about Hobart, is it's reputation for being a dry town... Not sure if your into gardening but is the lack of rain a issue for Gardens do you think. It didn't appear to be to me whilst wandering and having a sticky at peoples gardens.
I think Hobart is gradually getting busier, I've been back once a year for about 5 years now and each time it seems very slightly busier, more interstate tourists wandering the streets and the little bars. Still quiet compared toelsewhere though.

HAve you been round the Botanical Gardens n Hobart? I'm not really a garden person but my ex down there lived on the Dmain, near the gardens, and they were stunning, especially the Japanese one. Lack of rain certainly didn't seem an issue
Old Mar 22nd 2015, 10:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think Hobart is gradually getting busier, I've been back once a year for about 5 years now and each time it seems very slightly busier, more interstate tourists wandering the streets and the little bars. Still quiet compared toelsewhere though.

HAve you been round the Botanical Gardens n Hobart? I'm not really a garden person but my ex down there lived on the Dmain, near the gardens, and they were stunning, especially the Japanese one. Lack of rain certainly didn't seem an issue
Spent quite a bit of time in the Gardens, go there every time we are in Hobart, my only complaint is when you end up right down the bottom end of the place and it's uphill all the way back. Those Japanese gardens are really beautiful, I find the Artic exhibit really fascinating and the ABC's Gardening Australia vegetable garden is where we always end up spending the most time. The household gardens around town show no sign of Hobart being the 2nd driest Capital in Aus.... I find that a bit unusual. There again I think London is drier (Less rainfall) than Melbourne and Londons gardens rarely look parched and Melbournes often do... So the parched look must be purely down to the extreme heat of Melbournes summers.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 22nd 2015 at 10:21 am.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 7:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Well detected....ancient form of spam, we had a lot of spammers doing that years ago.

Bye Bye Rose.....nice try
rose appears to have morphed into paprika

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 23rd 2015 at 9:37 am. Reason: too mean!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 1:08 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
rose appears to have morphed into paprika
Paprika was/is genuine. Rose used an old spammer's trick, took part of their post and passed it off as their own. Rose has left the building with a boot up their bum.

Last edited by Pollyana; Mar 23rd 2015 at 2:47 pm.
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:16 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Paprika was/is genuine. Rose used an old spammer's trick, took part of their post and passed it off as their own. Rose has left the buildi ng with a boot uo their bum.
Sorry Poll, I should have deleted that after you explained earlier Can't do it now - too late she cried!
Old Mar 23rd 2015, 2:47 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Sorry Poll, I should have deleted that after you explained earlier Can't do it now - too late she cried!
I'll close the thread, that solves it