Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where to get fingerprints taken for visa??

Where to get fingerprints taken for visa??

Old Dec 10th 2003, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road
Default Where to get fingerprints taken for visa??

I am in the middle of applying to migrate to Oz but need a police check from USA as lived there less than ten years ago. i need to get my fingerprints done. Does anyone know where I can get them done. I live in Oxfordshire and locally would be great?
thanks
Old Dec 10th 2003, 9:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Where to get fingerprints taken for visa??

Originally posted by Rockville
I am in the middle of applying to migrate to Oz but need a police check from USA as lived there less than ten years ago. i need to get my fingerprints done. Does anyone know where I can get them done. I live in Oxfordshire and locally would be great?
thanks
Go to your local police station. When we lived in the UK and needed finger prints for an overseas police clearance we went to the Chippenham Police Station in Wiltshire and they did it for us (I think they even had a form).
Old Dec 10th 2003, 9:14 am
Vee
BE Enthusiast

Vee is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to get fingerprints done aswell as I lived in Canada. I had to get a form from the RCMP and then take it to New Scotland Yard in London.

This probably doesn't help you but I would have thought you could just go to any local police station? Why don't you call your local cop shop and ask. If they don't they New Scotland Yard is a really cool place.....
Old Dec 10th 2003, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Your best bet is to phone Thames Valley Police HQ in Kdlington, and speak to the Fingerprint Bureau - some forces will authorise the taking of the prints at stations, most like it to be done by a Fingerprint Officer, at the f/p bureau.
The FBI are known for being a little pedantic about prints; they like you to use their own form, which you get from them; they have in the past rejected prints taken on UK police forms.

01865 846000 is the number for Thames Valley HQ.

Pollyana

(former fingerprint technician!)
Old Dec 10th 2003, 12:32 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Call the FBI on (+1) 304 625 5590 and ask for several sets of fingerprint packs for emigration purposes.

As Pollyanna says, you can get them done at a local CopShop which is equipped.

The FBI take about 4 weeks to process them.
Old Dec 10th 2003, 12:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Between the two of us we can cover most aspects of f/printing now can't we Rog!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road

Many thanks. Very helpful!!
Old Dec 10th 2003, 4:03 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Between the two of us we can cover most aspects of f/printing now can't we Rog!!
Unfortunately yes, M'Dear!