Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is everyone going and Why?

View Poll Results: Where is everyone off to - help me decide PM me and tell me why
Perth
24.06%
Adelaide
18.05%
Melbourne
19.55%
Canberra
1.50%
Sydney
5.26%
Brisbane
22.56%
other
9.02%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Where is everyone going and Why?

Old Apr 4th 2003, 10:39 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default sooooooo sorry!!!!!!!

I have tried to change thread.

Sorry future Kiwi folk!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 4th 2003, 10:46 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Other (AKA New Zealand)

Originally posted by gowie
OTHER OTHER please change this as the influx of brits going to nz should be able to be counted
They all end up in Aus anyway so should vote on their FINAL destination (amongst the living).
Old Apr 4th 2003, 10:49 am

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light
Default haha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 4th 2003, 11:50 am
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Other (AKA New Zealand)

Originally posted by Megalania
They all end up in Aus anyway so should vote on their FINAL destination (amongst the living).
No not for us to many poms who have made the wrong choice!! and pay for it by spending all day fannying about righting pathetic threads
PB, pommiesheila etc etc
Old Apr 4th 2003, 12:45 pm

Default To those not easily offended!!!!!!!!!!!!

everyone need a good fanny now and then!!!!!!!!!!

hope we get it WRITE

Last edited by Boomie; Apr 4th 2003 at 12:48 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To those not easily offended!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Boomerang
everyone need a good fanny now and then!!!!!!!!!!

hope we get it WRITE

Depends what type you're talking about theres the usfull one and then there's the one that cause's mayhem
Old Apr 4th 2003, 2:47 pm

Default te he

Old Apr 6th 2003, 9:38 pm

Default Re: Where is everyone going and Why?

Originally posted by Jaykay
Moving back to Melbourne (lived there for 20 years before coming back to UK), this time dragging partner (who's never been there) and daughter (who's been twice) back too.

All my immediate family live in Melbourne, it's where I grew up so I know the area well, already have a large circle of friends living there and IMO it's one of the nicest cities to live in. I've lived in Qld (Brisbane & Gold Coast), Canberra and Adelaide, so have compared Melbourne to these places.

Will probably be moving back in September, all being well with house sale and Visa for him outdoors.

DEAR JAYKAY

Please tell us - You say you have lived in several States - what did you like about each of them.

Also if you did not have family in Melbourne would you settle somewhere else.

please get back to me.

Lisa
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:29 pm

Originally posted by dmf
Hi, we shall be off once we have sold our house - the waiting game again. Can't decide between Adelaide and Brisbane.

Dawn
Hi Dawn how are you doing with the house - decided yet between Adelaide and Brisbane?

Have you been to either before? If so what did you like about each State?

Lisa
Old Apr 11th 2003, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Lisa

Hi i take you haven`t heard anything yet??

footie chick
Old Apr 11th 2003, 3:03 pm

bored_bean is an unknown quantity at this point

I was looking at the weather chart on a web page yesterday,
it showed all different:-

monthly temperatures
hours of sunshine
rainfall

Why does it state that there are only 2 hrs of sun in Brisbane per day - all year????????
Try looking here http://www1.ho.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/cl...ript.cgi?40223 This is the Australian Met Office web site. Try 6-8 hours a day.
Old Apr 26th 2003, 9:35 pm

Default In case you have not voted

in case you have not voted
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

MaggieLou is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Hi, we (thats hubbie, and 2 boys + me) are planning on Canberra.
Reason - my brother is there (migrated 1988) we have visited various parts over the years and although we love the idea of the sunshine state - feel we would benefit by starting with some familiarity, ie family. Also is a fab place for kids /families - loads to do
However, once the jet lag is over and we start job hunting - possible could end up in Rockhampton/Townsville area as they apparently are crying out for hubbies trade.
Once we get that visa Australia is our oyster........but initially Canberra bound
MaggieLou
Old Apr 27th 2003, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

We will start off (and may remain) in Brisbane. We have heard very good things from friends who live out there and mostly who are from South Africa say that Brisbane is very similar to Durban (in South Africa) but without the high crime. I've also heard that Brisbane as a whole has the lowest crime rate.
...and the beautiful beaches and reasonably priced properties etc.

Old Apr 27th 2003, 1:51 pm
Just Joined

pixie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: In case you have not voted

in case you have not voted

Just voted, we are heading off with 22% of you to Popular Perth, uncertain where we will eventually settle, but will probably be in WA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.