Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Where is everyone going and Why?

View Poll Results: Where is everyone off to - help me decide PM me and tell me why
Perth
24.06%
Adelaide
18.05%
Melbourne
19.55%
Canberra
1.50%
Sydney
5.26%
Brisbane
22.56%
other
9.02%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Where is everyone going and Why?

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Where is everyone going and Why?

Moving back to Melbourne (lived there for 20 years before coming back to UK), this time dragging partner (who's never been there) and daughter (who's been twice) back too.

All my immediate family live in Melbourne, it's where I grew up so I know the area well, already have a large circle of friends living there and IMO it's one of the nicest cities to live in. I've lived in Qld (Brisbane & Gold Coast), Canberra and Adelaide, so have compared Melbourne to these places.

Will probably be moving back in September, all being well with house sale and Visa for him outdoors.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne

Because I was born there.
Climate bearable for hubby and daughter
More culture
Diversity of countryside etc.
more work for hubby
loads of sporting fixtures

blah blah blah

Hubby had medical today (the old codger passed) me thinks

booboo
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

andie is an unknown quantity at this point

brissy here we come, let you know why when we get there.:PARTY:
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:07 pm
Non-addicted member!

garrisondamn will become famous soon enoughgarrisondamn will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Where is everyone going and Why?

Originally posted by Boomerang
Perth
Adelaide
Melbourne
Canberra
Sydney
Brisbane
Other
OTHER!!!,....OTHER!!!!

New Zealand, too difficult to remember?, I know hardly anyone lives there & it rains all the time, but it does exist, huh!
Not everyone is going to that mad-house called Australia. I'm hurt.

By the way, we're off to New Zealand (other)!
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Brisbane bound

Hi Lisa & Andy

Thought i answer your poll after meeting on the forum regarding TRA issue.

Brisbane is the place for us, for me the weather for the other half the dream off... who knows he came up with the idea and i jumped at the chance. That was last summer, we have had TRA back ( yes i know you are waiting) and just in process of completeing application for skilled migration.

footie chick
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 7:49 pm
Now in Tauranga

ratliffe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Zealand

New Zealand !!
Why?
because australia sounds like its getting a bit too crowded for me.
not too hot (can you really get used to 45 deg perth? i dont think so)hot in the summer yet o.k in the winter brits do like a bit of rain from time to time
Vote me in
New Zealand
Gavin!!!!!!!!
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:42 pm
Sarah266

180km North West of Melbourne, rural Victoria. Because it has 4 seasons I don't want to be in the sun all the time, that would be just as bad as constantly overcast/rain. Because it is green and hilly similar to Pennines/Cumbria type feel and not brown and dusty due to it being so arid.
Because of the space and the opertunities for the children, lots of sports in the area and to focus on family enjoyment and not work first.
I did a lot of research in to areas before we settled on this one. But you can guarentee if we don't like the place we'll find a place we do!
Cheers Sarah

Old Apr 3rd 2003, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

adelaide-
stni
i like the drier climate
cheaper living
adelaide is more 'english' in style -buildings etc
we have no family in oz.

cheers

richard
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 6:59 am
Just Joined

zuluz is an unknown quantity at this point

Toowoomba
have rellies there but coming from Zimbabwe would be happy to go anywhere
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 11:27 am
happy bunny!!

teresa.c is an unknown quantity at this point

We going to Perth.
We travelled more or less the whole of Australia on a 'backpacker thing'. (apart from northern territories, it had floods at the time!!) Found the east coast was fab for a holiday, very 'full on' and 'in your face'. But I couldnt live like that, Im getting a bit too old for all that now!

I thought Perth was quieter and cleaner and generally more laid back. Yes it is probably isolated, but in all honesty I quite like that!
Passed my PADI scuba diving in Freo so I have a few sentimental memories! Met a great load of people and had a fab time!

Besides if we dont like it anymore we will go somewhere else!
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 10:03 pm
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by karawara88
Going mad. !!

Reasons,

been waiting too long, have sold house and now waiting some more. Waiting, waiting, waiting. So near yet so far.

Hi thanx for the email - not very far from us then!!!!

How are things - have you heard anything?

Where are you migrating to? and why there?
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 10:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Cool Perth

Going to Perth, it is not the isolated place everyone makes it out to be........

Beautiful city on the river, laid back, cheap and cheerful, friendly and sunny, climate good all year round, never much below 16 degrees, never any frost and a wonderful place for couples or families alike.

Plenty of places to visit all around and all of WA to explore too, we travelled on around OZ from there and didn't find it difficult or expensive either.

Time difference is better and flight with two year old was great so if we can, anyone can.......

The Swifts

Old Apr 4th 2003, 5:56 am
Rushwood, Thornlands, QLD

Boomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of lightBoomie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Carrianne
Sunshine Coast or around that area :-

Surfing

Sport

mixture of lifestyle

laid back

know someone near there
I was looking at the weather chart on a web page yesterday,
it showed all different:-

monthly temperatures
hours of sunshine
rainfall

Why does it state that there are only 2 hrs of sun in Brisbane per day - all year????????
Old Apr 4th 2003, 7:27 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Originally posted by Boomerang
I was looking at the weather chart on a web page yesterday,
it showed all different:-

monthly temperatures
hours of sunshine
rainfall

Why does it state that there are only 2 hrs of sun in Brisbane per day - all year????????
The Deep North.
Old Apr 4th 2003, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

gowie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Other (AKA New Zealand)

OTHER OTHER please change this as the influx of brits going to nz should be able to be counted

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.