Reload this Page >

Where along Sunshine Coast??

Where along Sunshine Coast??

Old May 11th 2008, 10:44 pm
Just Joined

chazndawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where along Sunshine Coast??

Hi all,

Mrs S, the 4 kids and i hopefully arrive in Sunshine coast in June.
We are torn between, Moloolaba,Moroochydore,Caloundra and Kawana!!
Having visited the area we are still unsure. We are looking to be near schools,not too far from beaches, and it is important that the kids (17,15,13 and 11) will have friends around and access to clubs etc.
Any pointers??
Old May 12th 2008, 12:55 am
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Re: Where along Sunshine Coast??

In your position I would choose between Kawana and Caloundra - the other two are very touristy. We love Caloundra - it has several beaches and good shops. Good luck Yvonne
Old May 12th 2008, 1:02 am
Just Joined

panning is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

We live in Caloundra with 3 Kids 1, 4, 7. Caloundra has been great for us, it has a variety of beaches, good number of schools. It is a little older than other places and can appear a bit old fashioned in parts but its my favourite.

It also depends very much on where you are going to work. I commute to Brisbane daily which is just about doable from Caloundra, any further north and it becomes harder.

For me definitely not Kawana we lived there for three months and its sole less, unless you like just being in a clone home estate without any view. Caloundra is hilly so you get nice breezes in the summer and good views, be careful of anything facing west, you will be arriving in autumn/winter so the place that you move to will feel cool but wait for summer when westerly aspects cook!

Mooloolaba is nice also if you like boating and fishing it has the harbour with much better access to the water than Caloundra. Maroochydore is a little more built up but I think nice in parts. The Sunshine coast is a wonderful place to live.

We are just moving back (July) to the UK after 2.5 years here, but planning on being back in a couple of years. If you want some great bargains on a fridge freezer, washing machine, 4WD people carrier let me know or for that matter any other advice.

Cheers

Peter
Old May 20th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

sklinky will become famous soon enough

I would definately rent first!!!!!! Then you have plenty of time to make your decisions. Go to www.qld.gov.au ,then enter schools under education section, put in your geographic area to find the best schools as that may be one of the more important factors. Most places along the coast are only 10 mins at most away from the beach. If you are renting make sure that you bring the right paperwork with you!!!!!
Good luck and let me know if you need any more info
It's worth it
Old May 20th 2008, 3:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chazndawn
Hi all,

Mrs S, the 4 kids and i hopefully arrive in Sunshine coast in June.
We are torn between, Moloolaba,Moroochydore,Caloundra and Kawana!!
Having visited the area we are still unsure. We are looking to be near schools,not too far from beaches, and it is important that the kids (17,15,13 and 11) will have friends around and access to clubs etc.
Any pointers??

All those areas are in a 15 minute drive, its pretty easy to view them all in a day once you arrive.

Caloundras pretty quiet for teens, mooloolabas more a tourist area, lots of units, houses are big bucks! maroochydore, well a lot of its a bit old.

If you want facilities and things to do within easy reach..

Look at Mountain creek, 2klms to mooloolaba but more houses, schools and TAFE all on the same block. There is a school zone, generally mt ck, buderim, mooloolaba.

Buderim has the private schools and University, its again only 5/10 mins to beaches, alexandra headland, right on the beach, walk to most stuff, school bus service and cheap compared to mooloolaba which is 2klm away.

With that amount of kids, def stick to the more busy central bits of the coast as I mentioned, or running kids around costs heaps petrol wise not to mention drive you nuts.
Old May 20th 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Renie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really niceRenie is just really nice

Originally Posted by jad n rich
All those areas are in a 15 minute drive, its pretty easy to view them all in a day once you arrive.

Caloundras pretty quiet for teens, mooloolabas more a tourist area, lots of units, houses are big bucks! maroochydore, well a lot of its a bit old.

If you want facilities and things to do within easy reach..

Look at Mountain creek, 2klms to mooloolaba but more houses, schools and TAFE all on the same block. There is a school zone, generally mt ck, buderim, mooloolaba.

Buderim has the private schools and University, its again only 5/10 mins to beaches, alexandra headland, right on the beach, walk to most stuff, school bus service and cheap compared to mooloolaba which is 2klm away.

With that amount of kids, def stick to the more busy central bits of the coast as I mentioned, or running kids around costs heaps petrol wise not to mention drive you nuts.
We live at Little Mountain by the racecourse on acreage, if anyone wants to buy our house, very convenient to everywhere, Bruce Highway and Nicklin Way, have two boys that play for Caloundra Rugby, buses pick up outside house to take to numerous schools in area.