Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

When to buy Emirates flight tickets?

When to buy Emirates flight tickets?

Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:22 am
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default When to buy Emirates flight tickets?

Hi,

I am planning to fly from Australia to India next march. and also planning to have a stopover in Dubai.

Hence, I want to book Emirates but when I am checking the fares its coming around 5K for 3 persons which seems to be regular fare.

does anyone know when do they usually release offers?
Old Jun 20th 2013, 4:42 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: When to buy Emirates flight tickets?

Sounds pretty good, emirates wanted 5,000 for me and my daughter to fly to Scotland.......thieving barstewards, so we are going to fly to London which is 1,500 less. I reckon i can get to scotland from London for cheaper than 1,500
Old Jun 20th 2013, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

ahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura aboutahmedwaseem2000 has a spectacular aura about

I agree its cheaper when compared to the tickets to UK. however, We get tickets for 1.2K per person in other carriers even with a late booking. Since, I am booking it a bit early so wanted to explore all possibilities.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 10:26 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

the cheapest tickets seem to be october and february
Old Jun 20th 2013, 2:23 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ahmedwaseem2000
Hi,

I am planning to fly from Australia to India next march. and also planning to have a stopover in Dubai.

Hence, I want to book Emirates but when I am checking the fares its coming around 5K for 3 persons which seems to be regular fare.

does anyone know when do they usually release offers?
I like flying Emirates for long haul but as you're probably aware, they're far from the cheapest airline (from Perth, anyway). I don't know that they have particular times for releasing offers - the best thing to do is sign up with some sites that will email you when offers become available. Fare Compare is one that I use.
Old Jun 20th 2013, 11:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

I fly a lot with emirates and generally, flights just get more expensive the nearer the date. They start off with a number of ticket prices available for each flight and as they sell out the cheaper fares, it gets progressively more expensive. You might be lucky, and they announce a sale, but I wouldn't bank on it.
Old Jun 21st 2013, 12:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks I have already registered with skywars program.

So, seems like there isn't a general pattern or trend in which they announce sale.

Anyway, Ill wait another month or so before buying the tickets.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 10:29 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Emirates fares seem to have gone up since the alliance with Qantas. What really ticks me off is that often the Qantas leg of the journey does not live up to the usual Emirates standard. You get a reasonably comfy journey with pleaseant service on the Emirates sector and bolshy staff with basic amenities on Qantas. They are hardly a match made in heaven, I try to avoid Qantas on International flights where possible.
Old Jun 24th 2013, 10:38 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spuddyo
Emirates fares seem to have gone up since the alliance with Qantas. What really ticks me off is that often the Qantas leg of the journey does not live up to the usual Emirates standard. You get a reasonably comfy journey with pleaseant service on the Emirates sector and bolshy staff with basic amenities on Qantas. They are hardly a match made in heaven, I try to avoid Qantas on International flights where possible.
Isn't it interesting how we all view things differently? My worst flights ever were with Emikrap, have been loyal to Qantas for years with predictably good service standards, and I am now going to great lengths to avoid the Emikrap legs!
Old Jun 24th 2013, 11:27 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree, they have jumped in price significantly since the takeover of qantas international. I'd also agree that qantas quality standards are lower than Emirates (not even close to worth the money).

Currently I've turned towards Malaysia Airlines. There quality isn't great (and has indeed gone down over the years), but they now give 30kg luggage and their prices can be good if you catch them far enough out.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:02 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Same here, my heart sank when I read of the Emirates/Qantas partnership We used Malaysia/KLM last time and while not as good as Emirates, the flights were pleasant and beat Qantas hands down. There was a small piece of shell in a crayfish meal I had, and when I pointed it out to the MA flight attendant he was really apologetic and gave me a nice bottle of French champagne (sealed in bag of course!). He must have reported it because MA also sent me a nice email and credited my FF account with 10,000 miles.
Old Jun 25th 2013, 2:39 am
Forum Regular

LeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really niceLeeWillo is just really nice

Speaking from experience, if the price is reasonable. Book it immediately. See my experience I am referring to:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789048
Old Jun 25th 2013, 5:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Same here, my heart sank when I read of the Emirates/Qantas partnership We used Malaysia/KLM last time and while not as good as Emirates, the flights were pleasant and beat Qantas hands down. There was a small piece of shell in a crayfish meal I had, and when I pointed it out to the MA flight attendant he was really apologetic and gave me a nice bottle of French champagne (sealed in bag of course!). He must have reported it because MA also sent me a nice email and credited my FF account with 10,000 miles.
Ahhh reminds me of the excellent service offered by Emikrap. Asked the cabin crew for a beer, bloke in full white Arabic-style robes next to me told them not to serve me cos I was a woman and cos he didn't want me drinking while sat next to him. Cabin crew tried to refuse to serve me on those grounds. Good thing the purser had more sense than the crew member.
Give me Qantas anyday
Old Jun 25th 2013, 5:51 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ahhh reminds me of the excellent service offered by Emikrap. Asked the cabin crew for a beer, bloke in full white Arabic-style robes next to me told them not to serve me cos I was a woman and cos he didn't want me drinking while sat next to him. Cabin crew tried to refuse to serve me on those grounds. Good thing the purser had more sense than the crew member.
Give me Qantas anyday
Apart from anything else, I would have told the bloke sitting next to you to get stuffed! If he's so picky about who he sits next to, he can book a whole row to himself

You're right, it depends on people's individual experiences. I'm being very choosy next time, I'm going with the cheapest
Old Jun 25th 2013, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Have used Emirates at least 15 times GLA-MEL and had absolutely no problems at all. Cathay Pacific, Malaysia and Singapore get honorable mentions as well; Qantas so so in my experience albeit limited and ancient history.

Emirates and Qantas have formed an alliance - the former didn't take over the latter although it's clear who is the more dominant partner in the alliance. Qantas is small beer comparatively speaking.

If you sign up free as a member of Skywards (Emirates loyalty scheme) you will receive emails when they have sales. I know that Emirates has ex-UK and ex-other destinations sales at different times so you just have to watch out for them.

There is an Emirates Skywards forum and you can checkout some of the threads or post an enquiry to find out when sales for your journey are coming up.

Emirates was recently voted the Skytrax best world airline FWIW. Qantas got into the top 10 from memory.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/emirates-skywards-490/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.