Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

sormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud ofsormesher has much to be proud of
Default whats the worse thing about living in australia

Hello,
i have always said i dont have rose tinted glasses about what a move to australia will be like and i think i have realistic expectations. but i cant help think that it will be a case of the grass is greener and i just wondered what the worse thing about living in australia is, and i dont just mean leaving family and friends behind, but every day living.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Hi!! I think ( IMHO of course!!) the worst thing is knowing nobody!! ( It can be the best thing sometimes too!!) Its very time consuming making genuine friends and sifting through the bull**it and if you pick a 'wrong one' it can be very depressing!!

However there is a quick fix... Kick the arseholes into touch where they belong and you'll be right!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

LauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant futureLauraV has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hello,
i have always said i dont have rose tinted glasses about what a move to australia will be like and i think i have realistic expectations. but i cant help think that it will be a case of the grass is greener and i just wondered what the worse thing about living in australia is, and i dont just mean leaving family and friends behind, but every day living.
The looks I get from the locals whenever I open my mouth. You would think they'd never heard a Scottish accent before (granted, some may not have). The other thing that gets my goat is being asked what part of Ireland I come from. Apart from that it's great.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:56 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO I think the worst things is being so far from other countries which is usually not a problem until we want to get away for a long weekend.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

The Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud ofThe Flintstones has much to be proud of

Australian rules football
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:33 am
Account Closed

Tooterelli is an unknown quantity at this point

The remoteness of it all.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Spiders!! - I've just had to do battle with another white-tail in the hosue
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:38 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

the beer
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Lack of familiarity and knowledge of things..... Not knowing whether to turn on a green light or wait for a green arrow, not knowing that 98 cents really means a dollar, (cause they dont have coins less than a 5 cent piece and couldnt actually give you 2 cents change), not daring to park cause you dont understand what the green writing on the sign means ! LOl !!
Its just.......Not knowing !!!
Same language but.....oh boy...... Different world all together !!!
Miles away from anything that feels safe and secure in terms of 'knowing' what you have to do xxx

Oh.... and the drivers......Enough said !
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:42 pm
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

![/QUOTE]

The look on their faces when they know your english and then again when you talk with english accent.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 12:48 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Rugby League - A shiter sport I have yet to see.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

lastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant futurelastone has a brilliant future

Sorry but here's two:

The driving standards in Perth.

The cost of flights.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

MINTS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Spiders!! - I've just had to do battle with another white-tail in the hosue
Hi,

White-tail? I've been lied to by friends and family. They have reassured me not to worry about spiders in Melbourne and around the area your in.
Just how many do you get?

Thanks,
Mints
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Rugby League - A shiter sport I have yet to see.
You do realise that it is an English sport and has a huge following in the North of England?
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

sue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nicesue1964 is just really nice

Leaving family behind after 10 years realise mum n dad are getting older and sick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.