Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old May 9th 2011, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Gibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond reputeGibbo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature where you are now?

13 here. I think the aircon will be well used this winter.
Old May 9th 2011, 11:37 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
And that warms up the whole house?
Easy!

We close the doors to the bathrooms, toilets, and when you go in you feel the drop big time! Our en-suite is at the far end of the house so if we lock the door, once you enter it feels like it drops 10C ... prob does actually.

The burner is bang central to the house layout so warms everywhere up really well ...

Had 32C in the lounge last year in the middle of Winter ...

Just checked the temp as it got too hot earlier and the fan speed on the burner was dropped from 3 (top) to 1, and the air cut right back about an hour ago.

Lounge temp currently 26.7C but no one in it, we're all in bedrooms with the window open ...

Go thru $180 ($90 per half ton I think) of wood between now and when we stop using.

Only fired up to clear the cobwebs and give the missus a means of drying the clothes, but will prob keep it goin, what with being the pommy softies we are ...
Old May 9th 2011, 11:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Easy!

We close the doors to the bathrooms, toilets, and when you go in you feel the drop big time! Our en-suite is at the far end of the house so if we lock the door, once you enter it feels like it drops 10C ... prob does actually.

The burner is bang central to the house layout so warms everywhere up really well ...

Had 32C in the lounge last year in the middle of Winter ...

Just checked the temp as it got too hot earlier and the fan speed on the burner was dropped from 3 (top) to 1, and the air cut right back about an hour ago.

Lounge temp currently 26.7C but no one in it, we're all in bedrooms with the window open ...

Go thru $180 ($90 per half ton I think) of wood between now and when we stop using.

Only fired up to clear the cobwebs and give the missus a means of drying the clothes, but will prob keep it goin, what with being the pommy softies we are ...
Excellent. We have a real fire place, but it's got a TV in front of it.

Loads of blankets to keep warm though. Will see how it goes this winter.
Old May 9th 2011, 11:59 am
Account Closed

Excellent. We have a real fire place, but it's got a TV in front of it.

Loads of blankets to keep warm though. Will see how it goes this winter.
Handy! ...

Well 2nd winter coming with the burner, and the 3 prior were with 2 x doona's AND leccy blanket for most of us ...

Sleep out of the doona when the burners running ...
Old May 9th 2011, 6:09 pm
Account Closed

As we slip of to the sack, 15C outside and 24.3C inside.

Wood burner fan is on 0 and just a bit of smoldering goin on, has been for hours. Clothes are dry, and i'll throw another log on for luck.

Best thing you'll ever buy is a wood burner ...
Old May 11th 2011, 3:49 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Mid afternoon & 9.8C
Old May 11th 2011, 4:07 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Mid afternoon & 9.8C
Ya lucky git. It's 8 degrees here in Canbrrrrrra
Old May 11th 2011, 4:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Lovely and 22 degrees over here in boring Perth
Old May 11th 2011, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

It is lovely outside - just had lunch in the garden. But now that I'm back at my desk I've got my (socked) feet on a hot water bottle.

I think it must be old age getting to my extremities first........
Old May 11th 2011, 10:31 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

2 degrees in sunny Canberra!

Edit: Ice on the windscreen too

Last edited by paulry; May 11th 2011 at 10:47 pm. Reason: Where's my scraper?
Old May 11th 2011, 11:58 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
2 degrees in sunny Canberra!

Edit: Ice on the windscreen too
Warming up from a low of around 3 degrees in sub-tropical Brisbane.
Old May 12th 2011, 9:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Warming up from a low of around 3 degrees in sub-tropical Brisbane.
You lie surely?

Been 10 degs lately at night over here.
Old May 12th 2011, 9:53 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

You lie surely?

Been 10 degs lately at night over here.
How dare you, I don't lie

Take a look at the Beaudesert station historical readings, we aren't far away from that. 3.3 at six this morning ...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.95575.shtml

Going to go below 3 tonight I reckon.

I keep telling the urbanites that this place has an ecosystem of it's own
Old May 12th 2011, 10:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DeadVim
How dare you, I don't lie

Take a look at the Beaudesert station historical readings, we aren't far away from that. 3.3 at six this morning ...

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ60...01.95575.shtml

Going to go below 3 tonight I reckon.

I keep telling the urbanites that this place has an ecosystem of it's own
Indeed, scary stuff! You could plant daffodils and see them bloom in September/October.
Old May 12th 2011, 1:08 pm
Mostly Harmless

Indeed, scary stuff! You could plant daffodils and see them bloom in September/October.
The fire is cracking tonight, inner warmth maybe helped by some chateau cardboard

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.