Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Old Sep 2nd 2017, 12:13 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the Temperature & Weather like where you are now?

Originally Posted by cresta57
I've just been to the weirdest wedding I've ever seen: Started out with the happy couple getting married in their back paddock along with three cows and a multitude of farm animals that all added to the noise and smell. We then progressed to a local restaurant where the food was supposed to be served at 6pm prompt yet the doors were locked until 5 mins before 6 so we all stood outside freezing for over half an hour. When they let us in there was no seating plan you just had to sit from the back to the front filling up the seats as required. 20 mins later they brought food out and it was chicken, fish, steak in that order so if you were in seat 1 you got chicken 2 fish 3 steak. No swapping no choice lol. No speeches, after the meal the brides dad just said thanks for coming who wants cake? The kids have never been to a wedding before so they now think it was normal lol.
I'd prefer that to the murder that's being inflicted on my eardrums. I can't hear what's on the tv because the band's setup is nearest us. Jesus, they're so bloody awful. Last two 'songs' were Sweet Home Alabama and then I would walk 500 miles! The lyrics are right, the tunes are being played back to front I think and the 'singer' is not.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
14 here. Next door had/are having their wedding today. I had to leave at 5 to do a taxi run, got back and threw a jumper on ready to head back only to find the husband coming home because he was so cold. They're out there crammed on a tiny dance floor, probably pissed dancing to a crap band.
At least the sun was shining for it.

Should be 28 here today. Bbq weather.
Old Sep 2nd 2017, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

BBQ Weather here in Melbourne as well, 16C wind and rain, we're still having one

Might be on the charcoal Weber though and with a fireplace going.
Old Sep 3rd 2017, 12:58 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I'd prefer that to the murder that's being inflicted on my eardrums. I can't hear what's on the tv because the band's setup is nearest us. Jesus, they're so bloody awful. Last two 'songs' were Sweet Home Alabama and then I would walk 500 miles! The lyrics are right, the tunes are being played back to front I think and the 'singer' is not.
That was another thing, there was no music! Not even background music softly playing. It was a function room but felt like a school canteen with less atmosphere.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 9:40 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I went out for my daily walk yesterday and came back too hot and sweaty. Well that's that for another 9 months, time to hibernate indoors until it cools down again.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Fred Basset is a jewel in the roughFred Basset is a jewel in the roughFred Basset is a jewel in the roughFred Basset is a jewel in the roughFred Basset is a jewel in the rough

Currently 21.3c in Brisbane at 9:00pm and expected to be over 30c this weekend, bring back spring, I am still enjoying it.
Old Sep 19th 2017, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred Basset
Currently 21.3c in Brisbane at 9:00pm and expected to be over 30c this weekend, bring back spring, I am still enjoying it.

I am not looking forward to brisbane's spring 33 34 etc, melb was more like 14 today, nice and cool, 20 here and there in the next week, thats plenty warm enough for spring.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
I am not looking forward to brisbane's spring 33 34 etc, melb was more like 14 today, nice and cool, 20 here and there in the next week, thats plenty warm enough for spring.
34 forecast for Sunday apparently in Bris.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 12:09 pm
Just Joined

SJB101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Family has been here less than a week and they're already complaining that it's only 20 degs C outside at 8:45 pm.

It was 23 degs C this morning at 8:30 am, which for me is ideal.

I know the south of Oz is cold still, but it would be good to know how hot or cold it is where you are.
In Perth today was a little rainy....around 20 degrees....but its glorious compared to the UK
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 1:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

We're having a heatwave, a tropical heatwave...... sea breezes are lovely.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 2:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

23C in Melbourne at midday, top temp today will be circa 25C, 27C tomorrow.

I just mowed the grass and came in sweating.

A few flies around as well dammit.
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 3:08 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

Currently 29 here in Adelaide but going down hill for the weekend.

One thing about shift work is that you can take advantage of weekday good weather
Old Sep 22nd 2017, 5:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

Rolling thunder in Brisbane just now ... bit of a breeze, it's dropped to 25
Old Sep 23rd 2017, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

23 at 8pm in Brisvegas. It's absolutely divine.
Old Sep 25th 2017, 7:12 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

In the words of the late Robin Williams
38 degrees in September

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.