Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is tweed heads like

What is tweed heads like

Old Jun 1st 2008, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

westholden will become famous soon enoughwestholden will become famous soon enough
Default What is tweed heads like

My husband has been offered work at Tweed heads NSW/ Qld border.
Does anyone live there, and give me an idea what to expect.
I am in perth is it very similar.. I will taking my 11 yo and 17 yo.
I have other family members over there, so this is also a reason to move.
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all
Default Re: What is tweed heads like

hi
we live approx 20 mins south from tweed heads,this is a beautiful coastline and a fast growing region if your into the beach lifestyle this is the place for you.If your more into the city life and prefer a bit of culture try somewere else ,we also get our fair share of rainfall here so you wont have to worry about water restrictions.

good luck stu
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Tweed Heads is a lovely area. Airport close by but not noisy, Surfers 30 minutes up the coast if you want a lot of life and Brissie only a further hour on. The countryside is fab and the beaches are the best on the coast. It depends on what you're looking for. The local high school is not the greatest but there are some good church schools and some kids travel up to Palm Beach/Elanora for High School.

Shopping's not bad but I don't do much if I can help so I could be wrong. It suits me anyway when I'm down there. There's a huge number of sports clubs. You could do worse
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

keijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant futurekeijei has a brilliant future

Hi, we live on the Sunshine coast and go down that way about 3 or 4 times a year, we always prefer the Southern end of the Gold Coast. Tweed is a lovely area, much quieter than Surfers. The only time we go to Surfers is with visitors or for Indy.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 3:51 am
Just Joined

feebrooks is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: What is tweed heads like

hi we have lived in tweed for a year now and it grows you!!! beaches coastline and hinterland are awesome. has quite a high percentage of retired folk so alot of things geared towards them. not sure what your teenagers would make of it. is an easy commute to brissie or byron. people are friendly. good shopping at the malls and only 20 mins to robina or pacific fair shopping.
great having airport right there too.
depends what u looking for really. sometimes living on border can create probs eg daylight saving, petrol prices!
worth a look tho!!!
Old Jun 27th 2008, 5:20 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westholden
Peppers At Salt is a nice resort also. We've stayed there 3 times and enjoyed it each time.
Old Jun 27th 2008, 10:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by westholden
Northern NSW is God's own country in my opinion. SE Qld is OK, but it just seems to get so much better shortly over the border. I'm talking in terms of the scenery and feel of the coastline and the hinterland. You'd have all that at your doorstep in Tweed Heads. So if you're into gorgeous scenery, but still like to be close to the action (back on the GC) then it could be the place for you.