Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:03 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
From memory yes. Even when we put one in the pool one winter, bizarre so we don't bother. Temp on the verandah was 25 today, no idea about the pool, looks pretty though
Alzheimers? ...

Pool will be 22C + and bearable after a good 5 mins for you I reckon.

Go Penny!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:52 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Alzheimers? ...

Pool will be 22C + and bearable after a good 5 mins for you I reckon.

Go Penny!
Are you mad? You know me, why would you suggest such a thing? Make it 32 and I'll be in.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:59 am
Account Closed

Are you mad? You know me, why would you suggest such a thing? Make it 32 and I'll be in.
I do, and you haven't answered? ...

Be a long wait for 32, if it get's there! I honestly thought it wasn't too bad on Sunday. Ok not a 'nice' temp, but an ok temp, bearable. Once it's above 26 or so it'll be better, 30+ and a bath ...
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Went to Surfers today and swam in the sea. It was 23.1 according to my watch thermo, and not too bad once you're in.

Got home and the pool is now 23, so warmed up 1 degree today.

So I reckon I may be ok if it's a really hot cooking day, although a bit warmer would be good, like 28 - 30.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I do, and you haven't answered? ...
Sorry, forgot.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Went to Surfers today and swam in the sea. It was 23.1 according to my watch thermo, and not too bad once you're in.

Got home and the pool is now 23, so warmed up 1 degree today.

So I reckon I may be ok if it's a really hot cooking day, although a bit warmer would be good, like 28 - 30.
Yeah if hot at the weekend and the sun's on the pool all day i'll be in again, and from now on I reckon.

Sorry, forgot.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

24 degrees by 3pm today. The solar panel is heating it by 1 degree per day so far.

Should able to swim by the weekend.

The teens are both in as I type this.

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 29th 2010 at 7:08 am.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 7:35 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

24 degrees by 3pm today. The solar panel is heating it by 1 degree per day so far.

Should able to swim by the weekend.

The teens are both in as I type this.
so working on that theory you should be able to boil spuds in 8 weeks ?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steve`o

Indeed. Might have to resort to the boiled egg test.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steve`o

Indeed. Might have to resort to the boiled egg test.
You do realise in the height of summer you'll be able to cook prawns in your pool ...
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You do realise in the height of summer you'll be able to cook prawns in your pool ...
Bring it on!

Can't be worse than suffering in the UK at minus temps.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

Bring it on!

Can't be worse than suffering in the UK at minus temps.
Naah, once you're in, it'll just get warmer / better. You'll of not acclimatised either so you really should be in already ...

The first place with a pool we rented (moved in the house in July, water temp 16C ... ) we'd been in Oz about 4 months. By the time we got to pretty much this time of year I remember it being nice. We moved out of the place in January and I remember it feeling like a bath and we was swimming in it gone midnight ...

In this house we've seen higher water temps than then, yet at night it just don't feel as warm as it did then. Acclimatised you see!

Enjoy it while you haven't ...
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:37 pm
Account Closed

What with all the crap weather recently I haven't checked, but after work at 5.30 on my inaccurate thermo, the top 6" of my pool water was (and water felt quite nice to the touch too) -

Reckon it woulda been 26 early arvo so don't see it dropping below 24 from now on.

Def in at the weekend again!
Old Oct 7th 2010, 5:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Oct 7th 2010, 8:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

What with all the crap weather recently I haven't checked, but after work at 5.30 on my inaccurate thermo, the top 6" of my pool water was (and water felt quite nice to the touch too) -
Hmm, top 6 inches is one thing, it's the bottom two metres that I'm more concerned about!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.