Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT job offer on the fly.....is this feasible ?

IT job offer on the fly.....is this feasible ?

Old May 14th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice
Default IT job offer on the fly.....is this feasible ?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me ? I'm an IT contractor in the UK and our final application went off three weeks ago. I did not have a job offer on the application, but every time I go out to Brisbane (our intended destination) I get offered work and the offer to be sponsored by the agency or potential employer. I'm loath to obtain sponsorship from the agancy as I'll be tied to them for at least 12 months. But if for instance I was to go back out on holiday for another recce and was offered more work directly by an employer, could I contact DIMIA and telll them that I now had a job offer to append to my application and speed up the permanent visa app (subclass 136) that way ?

I hope someone can help or advise ???

Cheers, Martyn.
Old May 14th 2006, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IT job offer on the fly.....is this feasible ?

Originally Posted by martynm
Hi,

I wonder if anyone out there can help me ? I'm an IT contractor in the UK and our final application went off three weeks ago. I did not have a job offer on the application, but every time I go out to Brisbane (our intended destination) I get offered work and the offer to be sponsored by the agency or potential employer. I'm loath to obtain sponsorship from the agancy as I'll be tied to them for at least 12 months. But if for instance I was to go back out on holiday for another recce and was offered more work directly by an employer, could I contact DIMIA and telll them that I now had a job offer to append to my application and speed up the permanent visa app (subclass 136) that way ?

Cheers, Martyn.
It wouldn't necessarily speed things up. But DIMA would probably be able to advise you on if there was a temporary visa that would enable you to work for a short time until you 136 is approved.

Your best bet would be to post this question on the immigration forum or speak to an agent who will give you definate and accurate advice.
Old May 14th 2006, 5:59 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: IT job offer on the fly.....is this feasible ?

Originally Posted by martynm
Hi,

Cheers, Martyn.
Can I have some of the jobs you turn down please?
Old May 14th 2006, 7:23 pm
Yes yes yes brissy bound!

The Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really niceThe Quinns is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Yeh! Bloomin eck I was just going to say that for hubby!
Old May 15th 2006, 8:16 am
Forum Regular

martynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nicemartynm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
I must have fallen lucky then !!!!! Don't know whether it's the area of IT I'm in (Programme/Change Mgmt) but I've found it ok ?

Thanks for your help, Martyn.