Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What kinda xmas diner will you be having?

What kinda xmas diner will you be having?

Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice
Default What kinda xmas diner will you be having?

Hi,
Its our 4th xmas here in Perth now and was wondering what everyone else will be having for xmas dinner,here in OZ.
Are you throwing a prawn or 2 on the BBQ,
or the traditonal Roast turkey with all the trimings,
OR does anyone have any other ideas.?

sue

Last edited by sue&bob; Dec 21st 2006 at 11:20 am.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

sparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of lightsparkley23 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What kinda xmas diner will you be having?

Very much looking forward to copious amounts of oversized prawns, salad and then relaxing in the pool with a beer or 2
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

We're having a couple with their baby over for the day. He is from En Zud. We had plans to go into the city for a do but then one of their rellies bought the farm and they've all gone into close-down mode.

I'll probably cook whatever meat Chief gives me and that will be it. Er - no worries, and then we'll jump in the newly flocced pool - was giving me all sorts of cloud for weeks amazing what difference floc makes. It's hard vacuuming all the crap off the bottom without stirring it all up though.

b
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:54 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

It's cold up here, so we're going to have lime and cracked pepper turkey, with the whole shebang... And there's a loin of pork, stuffed with apricot stuffing too, for those that don't like turkey. I guess I'll cook roast potatoes, perhaps, glazed parsnips, vichy carrots, etc..
MIL is bringing a pudding, SIL is bringing cheeses, then there's a really boozy chocolate mousse, made with 70% cocoa too.

If it gets hot, then everything still gets cooked, but it'll be served as warm salads instead, with a lovely balsamic dressing.

oooh, forgot... champagne for breakfast... with Hominy bakery croissants.. and lots of beautiful Australian wine to go with lunch.

Last edited by iPom; Dec 21st 2006 at 12:00 pm. Reason: alcohol
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:56 am
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sue&bob
Hi,
Its our 4th xmas here in Perth now and was wondering what everyone else will be having for xmas dinner,here in OZ.
Are you throwing a prawn or 2 on the BBQ,
or the traditonal Roast turkey with all the trimings,
OR does anyone have any other ideas.?

sue
Breakfast: Fresh fruit, crossaints with ham n cheese, cheap champagne

Lunch: Ham cut str8 off the half leg on bone I have, a fresh garden salad, and some crusty fresh bread.

Dinner: Marinated leg of lamb, roast veges, trifle with sherry in it.

Oh and most importantly: many beers
Old Dec 21st 2006, 11:59 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

eggs benedict and bucks fizz for brekkie

lunch/dinner is seafood platter to start with a beef tenderloin and red emporer for main with lots of salads and my friend has made christmas pudding ice cream bombe for pud as well as a nice fruit plate

lots of alcohol while the kids play in the pool.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

sue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nicesue&bob is just really nice

[QUOTE=iPom]It's cold up here, so we're going to have lime and cracked pepper turkey, with the whole shebang... And there's a loin of pork, stuffed with apricot stuffing too, for those that don't like turkey. I guess I'll cook roast potatoes, perhaps, glazed parsnips, vichy carrots, etc..
MIL is bringing a pudding, SIL is bringing cheeses, then there's a really boozy chocolate mousse, made with 70% cocoa too.

If it gets hot, then everything still gets cooked, but it'll be served as warm salads instead, with a lovely balsamic dressing. [/QUOTE

That sounds great,,where is it you live,,lol,,

We are going to a friends house and they are having a BBQ,everyone is mucking in with food ,but i was trying to think of something a bit different ,but cant think what to take..

sue
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:03 pm
Jedi Princess

kiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond reputekiwi_child has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
eggs benedict and bucks fizz for brekkie

lunch/dinner is seafood platter to start with a beef tenderloin and red emporer for main with lots of salads and my friend has made christmas pudding ice cream bombe for pud as well as a nice fruit plate

lots of alcohol while the kids play in the pool.
What's bucks fizz? I've heard of it b4. Is it an alcoholic drink?

I like the idea of top seafood for xmas day. That red emperor sounds divine !
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:05 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwi_child

Champagne and fresh orange. I love red emporer. when we went to Coral Bay last year my husband caught loads and we were feasting for months afterwards.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kiwi_child

Fresh orange juice and champagne...
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sue&bob

We are going to a friends house and they are having a BBQ,everyone is mucking in with food ,but i was trying to think of something a bit different ,but cant think what to take..

sue
Live in the Blue Mountains. It's very cool up here this year, and as all my BIL's are arriving for lunch, plus MIL and SIL, thought it might be fun to show them what we do in the UK. Will obviously be stinking hot next year.

Take a boozy chocolate mousse with you... little pots... easy to do. Check out Delia online for recipes.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:09 pm
Gutter Gob!!

[QUOTE=sue&bob]
Originally Posted by iPom
It's cold up here, so we're going to have lime and cracked pepper turkey, with the whole shebang... And there's a loin of pork, stuffed with apricot stuffing too, for those that don't like turkey. I guess I'll cook roast potatoes, perhaps, glazed parsnips, vichy carrots, etc..

If it gets hot, then everything still gets cooked, but it'll be served as warm salads instead, with a lovely balsamic dressing. [/QUOTE

sue
I have a great broccoli salad recipe.

2 heads of brocolli chopped into small pieces
8 rashes of streaky bacon grilled to crisp and chopped
half cup of sultanas
half cup of toasted pinenuts
half cup of sunflower seeds
half red onion chopped finely

mix all of those together. dressing is

three quarters cup of egg mayo
quarter cup of white vinegar
quarter cup of caster sugar

mix dressing ingredients together and mix into the rest of the ingredients.

Goes down a storm whenever I take it anywhere.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:10 pm
Jedi Princess

[QUOTE=sue&bob]
sue
How about some marinated chicken, fish or beef or even duckling or quail? You could check a few recipe sites maybe for ideas. A salad or dessert also goes down well. Main thing is to co-ordinate with the hostess about what is needed or would fit in alongside what others are bringing.
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:12 pm
Jedi Princess

Originally Posted by northernbird
Champagne and fresh orange. I love red emporer. when we went to Coral Bay last year my husband caught loads and we were feasting for months afterwards.
Cheers thanx for that
Old Dec 21st 2006, 12:13 pm
Jedi Princess

Fresh orange juice and champagne...
Cheers hon

I wonder what it would be like with cranberry juice :P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.