leeds
4.67%
that other scum who wear red
14.00%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

what football team do you support?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:38 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Ahhhh good memories.

Those were the days when we could actually reach a cup final and win it.

Remember some great trips to Wembley for the League cup finals, the Simod cup final and the FA cup final (when we were robbed by Spurs and the cheating Spurs season ticket holder Roger Milford, still a swear word in my house hold).

Led all the way by the greatest manager in English football history Mr Brian Clough.

TT

Originally posted by DaisyNZ
Another Forest supporter here. 2 days before I emigrated to NZ I went to Wembley to watch them win the 'can't remember what it's called' cup against ...ooops can't remember that either, actually I think it was Southampton. Anyway, a great way to spend my last Saturday in the UK (April 1992). There was no footy on our TV for the first few years of me being here in NZ, not much anyway, so I kind of lost touch. Good job, Cloughy was still there when I left and Forest were on top.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 10:55 am
WBB

Originally posted by TrickyTree
Ahhhh good memories.

Those were the days when we could actually reach a cup final and win it.

Remember some great trips to Wembley for the League cup finals, the Simod cup final and the FA cup final (when we were robbed by Spurs and the cheating Spurs season ticket holder Roger Milford, still a swear word in my house hold).

Led all the way by the greatest manager in English football history Mr Brian Clough.

TT

yeah that was probably your golden period, but then who knows what the future holds?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:19 pm
mackem lad

ian gibson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshboybilly
oh no theres a macam in here

how is life in the first division by he way
We will be swapping you next season.ftm
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:39 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ian gibson
We will be swapping you next season.ftm
you'll never see a macam in milan, oh you'll never see a macam in milan.

got a passport?

Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:45 pm
mackem lad

ian gibson is an unknown quantity at this point

**** all you'll never win **** all.SUNDERLAND SUNDERLAND,perth branch ftm
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:52 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by debsy
Its the Gunners for me!

Debs
1 ARSENAL 6 8 14
2 Chelsea 5 9 13
3 Manchester United 6 7 13
4 Southampton 6 5 12
5 Manchester City 6 6 11

Debsy
What do the numbers mean?

Cheers.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 12:56 pm
WBB

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Debsy

Cheers.

that is the league table games played points etc

Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:07 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Theres only one City

Originally posted by Scoops

Mickey Adams Super City Slickers

LEICESTER CITY FC

Your list seems to be for glory hunters only.

Scoops

Have to say I was born in Fulham equal distance between the Cottage and the Bridge.
With that choice it was Chelsea for me.

Went to watch Chelsea at some really crappy grounds like the Vetch field, Swansea, Ninian Park, Plough Lane, Filbert St (Couldnt resist that one).
Even when we were banned from travelling we would find a way to get to the match.
Glory Team has never been our nickname.
Hopefully though that will be the case this season.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 1:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Debsy

Cheers.
Could it be the league tables?

debs
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Scoops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Theres only one City

Have to say I was born in Fulham equal distance between the Cottage and the Bridge.
With that choice it was Chelsea for me.

Went to watch Chelsea at some really crappy grounds like the Vetch field, Swansea, Ninian Park, Plough Lane, Filbert St (Couldnt resist that one).
Even when we were banned from travelling we would find a way to get to the match.
Glory Team has never been our nickname.
Hopefully though that will be the case this season.

Filbo had real character. Although Sitting in the cow shed must have been a real eye opener. You got in through someones living room!!!

You can't take the rise out of the Walkers though. Top ground financed by Birse (We still owe 7 million)

Most Chelsea I have met come from the Kent coast and couldn't find Chelsea on a map!!!

True Blue

Scoops
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:36 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Good job, Cloughy was still there when I left and Forest were on top.

Good old Cloughy...the best manager this country has ever produced - by far.

Had he mangaged England I really do think we could have won the big one. FA bureauprats have got a lot to answer for.

Last edited by chippy; Sep 26th 2003 at 2:39 pm.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:39 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Expat in Michigan USA, don't post on this forum at all really, but I do have to plug the woefully inept Stockport County
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:41 pm
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Originally posted by manc1976
Expat in Michigan USA, don't post on this forum at all really, but I do have to plug the woefully inept Stockport County
Does this mean they have as many fans in the US as in the UK?
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Only problem was that even back in those days Cloughie wasn't "politically correct" enough, was he. I always thought he should have got the England job, but he just wouldn't lick the right boots.
Old Sep 26th 2003, 2:59 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chippy
Does this mean they have as many fans in the US as in the UK?
Actually Stockport hold the record for the lowest ever paying attendance at at British football league game of 13.
against Leicester City.

not much away support for the Foxes apparently either?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.