Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

what do you want for christmas, mmm

what do you want for christmas, mmm

Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

arlene is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what do you want for christmas, mmm

well i have said to des all i want is a visa for christmas, however now that is through (well before christmas i might add) i seem to have a list ( dont know where this has come from ) but he seems to be holding me at my word so we are off xmas shopping on weds ( with my list in hand) he has just looked over my shoulder and seen this thread and is saying not ho ho ho but no no no

am i being selfish or just getting into the xmas spirit, i still believe in the big fat geezer in the red suit so i know that he will try and fit down the chimney and deliver

arlene
Old Dec 13th 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what do you want for christmas, mmm

Originally posted by arlene
well i have said to des all i want is a visa for christmas, however now that is through (well before christmas i might add) i seem to have a list ( dont know where this has come from ) but he seems to be holding me at my word so we are off xmas shopping on weds ( with my list in hand) he has just looked over my shoulder and seen this thread and is saying not ho ho ho but no no no

am i being selfish or just getting into the xmas spirit, i still believe in the big fat geezer in the red suit so i know that he will try and fit down the chimney and deliver

arlene
selfish you? i don't think so!
what's there not to believe in? he brought you a visa didn't he?
as i said in my previous post, enjoy every minute of your christmas mate
hugs
rach
Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:55 pm
WBB

arlene

i would so love to get my visa for xmas.

i have to send off the extra bits they requested first which is proving to be a real pain in the ass, and taking much longer than i expected.

roll on the new year!

Old Dec 13th 2003, 8:57 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Hang on in there WBB, not far to go now.

What do I want for christmas? I honestly don't know, well I do but can't ask for it as immigration might get a bit suss if they suddenly here bells, lol

Sarah
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

what do I want for christmas...

1. to exchange contracts on my house.
2. for a fairy godmother to sort and pack junk in above mentioned house.
3. for some kind soul to buy my car.
4. for my friends and family to stop crying after a sniff of wine.
5. for my colleagues to turn up for their shifts xmas week
6. oh and of course peace and happiness to all.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Visa would be nice!!

But will wait until they deem us worthy.

Other than that someone to wrap the presents would be nice, oh and being cheeky Viggo in costume would be great under the tree

fc
Old Dec 13th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

A new bikini So I can wear it under my clothes on the flight to Oz and hit the beach/pool straight away!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Don`t rub it in, thats not fair talking about bikini`s when we are experiencing the winter.

Only joking, your wish has come true enjoy every bit of it.

fc xx
Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:07 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt mind winning some money on the lottery......not a lot, just around 40 grand would suit me fine.
failing that....(pmsl).....i guess it would have to be for something to go right for once!!!!!!!!
or heath ledger on a plate!!!!!!!!!!
Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Sorry Footie!!!

Also I can't wait to get spending in the states that $1.75 exchange rate is just begging me to shop 'til I drop. I am taking an empty case with us in preparation...Orlando Factory outlets here I come
Old Dec 13th 2003, 10:24 pm
Go Banana's !!

mmmmmmmmmmm not sure ???? Oh I know .............. VISA

Not just for selfish reasons my six year old and my husband want it too.

My little girl brought a lump to my throat and a smile to my face, yet again, when I unpacked her school bag the other day. The teacher had asked them to write their Christmas wish. All the other children had written about feeding the world's hungry and making all the sick people better, however she had just written "I want to live in Australia" Need to teach her about giving and sharing I think!!
And before you all jump on me she did genuinely love it in Perth and has 12 cousins out there. We have told her it could not happen (heaven forbid) but have felt it has been best to keep her informed all along the way. That could be an idea for a new thread "How much do you tell the children". we have always been open and upfrount with her, as we never could have kept it from her what we were planning and we wanted her to feel part of it. Just hope that little mind of hers can cope.

Hope you all have a fab Christmas and your wishes come true

Jill

Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Warrendix that is totally normal!! My kids have been wishing to get out there for months now. My 4 year old told his teacher he wanted a 'Water Dragon' for Christmas, then all the other kids wanted one too, trouble is teach had to explain it was a reall ive reptile!!!!

We are fortunate that our children want to go, it must be trickier when they dont.

Lets hope it happens quickly for you all.
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

arlene

Don't want to dampen the spirits of everyone about christmas wishes, but my wish is for my mum to get better, so she can visit us out here in Perth.
She has suffered another stroke while in hospital so not doing too good, but the doctors are very hopeful, my dad didn't want me to go home as it would upset my mum, saying goodbye again in a few weeks, now after this second stroke, he told me to be on standby, so im ready to go in a flash.

so please santa ive been a good girl!!! I will leave anything out for you, guess that could be another thread!!!

yve
Old Dec 13th 2003, 11:56 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

My Xmas wish would be for everyone on this forum to get the life they are dreaming of - including me!!

(Sorry been on the beers tonite so feeling full of the milk and all that!!! )
Old Dec 14th 2003, 7:33 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

My wish is for good health for my family

Abergas, hang in there, I hope your mum gets better soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.