Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to call people from Perth

What to call people from Perth

Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:26 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default What to call people from Perth

There is a feature running on page 2 of The West at the moment to decide what people in Perth should be called (Sydney = Sydneysiders etc). I always assumed we were Perthites (the favourite in the polls) but apparently we are Sandgropers (early settlers had to grope in the sand to get any crops to grow) but no one likes that or uses it much. So apart from the obvious jokes (Pertherts, Perthetic etc) what do you all think we should be called collectively?
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:29 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to call people from Perth

Crap drivers.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:34 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: What to call people from Perth

"Mate."
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:35 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
There is a feature running on page 2 of The West at the moment to decide what people in Perth should be called (Sydney = Sydneysiders etc). I always assumed we were Perthites (the favourite in the polls) but apparently we are Sandgropers (early settlers had to grope in the sand to get any crops to grow) but no one likes that or uses it much. So apart from the obvious jokes (Pertherts, Perthetic etc) what do you all think we should be called collectively?
Victorians? We have the same climate as them. No in fact it's hotter in Melbourne.

Whinging POM... Whinging POM
Old Dec 10th 2005, 2:38 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: What to call people from Perth

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Crap drivers.
As a Saffer, you're in no position to point the finger.

You come from one of the most backward, disgusting, violent cesspits on the entire planet; I find it difficult to believe that the driving over there is any better!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 11:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by worzel
Fairly infrequently
Old Dec 11th 2005, 6:32 am
A modern day warrior

Tom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond reputeTom Sawyer has a reputation beyond repute

Going on the amount of postings from Perth on here, I would have thought British could fit pretty well!!!
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Tuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond reputeTuxtrip has a reputation beyond repute

West Aussies are known as 'Sandgropers'.
People living in Perth are called 'Perthies' or 'City Slickers' or Stevo, Johno, Mick, Bob or Bruce - whatever. Don't think there is a specific term for them.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of lightcharlie brown is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tuxtrip
West Aussies are known as 'Sandgropers'.
People living in Perth are called 'Perthies' or 'City Slickers' or Stevo, Johno, Mick, Bob or Bruce - whatever. Don't think there is a specific term for them.
COLD like us in the uk, but what would i know we are not there yet.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 12:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

You come from one of the most backward, disgusting, violent cesspits on the entire planet; I find it difficult to believe that the driving over there is any better!
I only call it as I see it jack. I'm a fairly good driver, most people here are not. I drive here every day, you don't. I live here here, you don't. You're biased, I'm not. You're a whinging Aussie, I'm not.

As for your purile comments about my homeland, well you're entitled to your opinion but you don't know what you are talking about, please keep your comments to yourself. You know nothing of Africa (sends vash scurrying off to google the internet for some 'facts').
Old Dec 12th 2005, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede

Oy!!! Them's fighting words What's your problem???