Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Old Mar 20th 2005, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
I think he's actually the guy who was searching for a brain (scarecrow, was it? )
have spoken to mate (meterologist) and we're in for a good year weather wise! He, wife and kids usually book holidays abroad when they know its going to be really bad, but they've decided to stay in the UK this year and go canal boating around Gloucester! Sounds very appealing! We'll have the usually days of rain etc but on the whole temps are going up above the normal average. bet they bring in the hose pipe bans again! got lecture on global warming from him - very interesting actually. Those who enjoy 30 degree temps...stick around for the next 30 years in the UK!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:18 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

And back on the Wizard of Oz theme (coz I liked where that was going!)

The answer to the question in the thread title must surely be:

"Because, because, because, because, because . . . . . . ."

Binbird (old movie nostalgia!)
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:20 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
but they've decided to stay in the UK this year and go canal boating around Gloucester!
Please let them know that there's a very nice five bedroom house for sale in Gloucestershire if they take a liking to the area!!!!!

Binbird (Well, at this stage - anything is worth a try!)
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by binbird
Please let them know that there's a very nice five bedroom house for sale in Gloucestershire if they take a liking to the area!!!!!

Binbird (Well, at this stage - anything is worth a try!)
desperation hey binbird? anyway back to........."theres no place like home, theres no place like home".......nope, doesn't work, still in the UK!
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:35 pm

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

have spoken to mate (meterologist) and we're in for a good year weather wise! He, wife and kids usually book holidays abroad when they know its going to be really bad, but they've decided to stay in the UK this year and go canal boating around Gloucester! Sounds very appealing! We'll have the usually days of rain etc but on the whole temps are going up above the normal average. bet they bring in the hose pipe bans again! got lecture on global warming from him - very interesting actually. Those who enjoy 30 degree temps...stick around for the next 30 years in the UK!
Hello,

Just out of interest. As life seems to suit you and your family so much better in the UK (based on your previous posts): why are you thinking of returning to Oz?

Regards
Alistair
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:36 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
Hello,

Just out of interest. As life seems to suit you and your family so much better in the UK (based on your previous posts): why are you thinking of returning to Oz?

Regards
Alistair
And why are you up so early??
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
And why are you up so early??
I'm a bit crook at the moment. A coughing fit got me up.

Just trying out a Lemsip and then hopefully back to bed.

Cheers
Al.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:42 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kirsty&al
I'm a bit crook at the moment. A coughing fit got me up.

Just trying out a Lemsip and then hopefully back to bed.

Cheers
Al.
Make sure you get rid of it by 2nd April.

Congrats to your Welsh boyos on their Grand slam.

ok Apologies for side tracking the thread.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
Make sure you get rid of it by 2nd April.

Congrats to your Welsh boyos on their Grand slam.

ok Apologies for side tracking the thread.
Hopefully it'll be gone by then; I'm coughing a lot better now than I was 3 days ago.

*Obviously pleased as punch about the Grand Slam - a bit miffed that they waited until I left*

Cheers
Al.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:41 pm
wombat42

desperation hey binbird? anyway back to........."theres no place like home, theres no place like home".......nope, doesn't work, still in the UK!
Alot of Poms in OZ are like Dorothy, always whinging " theres no place like home".

Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:46 pm
wombat42

Originally Posted by Merlot
So are you East or West????
No l'm the Wizard of OZ.

Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:20 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by wombat42
No l'm the Wizard of OZ.

Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:02 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Most of the 'global warming' stuff is politically motivated and ignores the fact the world's climate is (over a longer period) as variable as the weather.

It also ignores the fact that historically, the periods where the climate cooled down were more problematic than the warmer times.

In the last 1000 years the south of England has seen both vineyards and a frozen-over Thames river.

Do a google search on 'Little Ice Age' and 'Medieval Warm Period' and you'll see that climate variability was around long before John Prescott acquired his first Jag, let alone his second

Jeremy
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:12 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Superior]
Originally Posted by DIMO8
Blighty certainly does have some good points.QUOTE]

Name one. Just one!
You don't live there.
Old Mar 21st 2005, 5:16 am
PommieLeague

Originally Posted by JAJ
Most of the 'global warming' stuff is politically motivated and ignores the fact the world's climate is (over a longer period) as variable as the weather.

It also ignores the fact that historically, the periods where the climate cooled down were more problematic than the warmer times.

In the last 1000 years the south of England has seen both vineyards and a frozen-over Thames river.

Do a google search on 'Little Ice Age' and 'Medieval Warm Period' and you'll see that climate variability was around long before John Prescott acquired his first Jag, let alone his second

Jeremy
Must agree with Jeremy here. The UK weather is in seasons of patterns. Cold era, warm era.
The Romans apparently complained about the excessive heat in Britain when they were there.
Vineyards and the growing of citrus fruit was ripe in times past. Today its heading that way again. The UK is lucky to get a snow blizzard (ok this current winter an exception).
Im from Manchester and to be honest you are lucky if you see anything more than a days flurry of snow and temperatures rarely drop below -5C.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.