Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:53 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

If you're reporting a down turn in the weather then I guess that means it won't last here either since we are only down the road from you! But could you tell me what it'll be like in Ireland over Easter? 5 nights away with my best friend - can't wait. . . . .

Can't believe we had lunch on the patio today when just over two weeks ago the patio was buried under a layer of snow! Lurvely day!

Binbird
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:01 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wanderlust
Well, I'm in Brisbane. This morning it started off with a enormous rain storm, and now its a little bit overcast, but the temperature is beautiful - just like a mild English summers day.
Just to let you know - you get that mild lovely weather here too sometimes.

Its autumn here now and the days are getting a bit cooler, and the evenings a bit fresher. Bought myself a blanket - haven't used a quilt here yet, and its still too heavy - but a blanket at night time is perfect.

I cant complain about the weather here - its been wonderful.
Sounds like heaven to me.
We have had a couple of nice days here and England does indeed seem a much nicer place when the sun is shinning. I feel lifted when the days get longer and warmer, therefore when we have days like this I yearn to sell my house and to be in Brisbane and have more of them.....
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:03 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to send you karma for the point about nice weather making you yearn to sell the house and get over to Oz and enjoy nice weather more often (hopefully!) but still need to spread. So, note that the thought was there!

Binbird
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by binbird
Was going to send you karma for the point about nice weather making you yearn to sell the house and get over to Oz and enjoy nice weather more often (hopefully!) but still need to spread. So, note that the thought was there!

Binbird
Thanks, thought noted.
LOL, just tried to send you some for the thought but got the same message
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:23 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Thanks for the thought of thanking me for my thought. Aren't we thoughtful tonight?!

Definitely on the list for an IOU then?!

Binbird
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:27 pm
wombat42

If you have to be reminded why your going back to OZ then perhaps you should'nt go back.

Last edited by wombat42; Mar 19th 2005 at 8:51 pm.

Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by wombat42
If you have to be reminded why your going back to OZ then don't go back.

Who was that too

Last edited by chatty34; Mar 19th 2005 at 9:25 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:28 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

Quote:
If you have to be reminded why your going back to OZ then don't go back.

Didn't see that one coming!

Binbird

Last edited by binbird; Mar 19th 2005 at 8:31 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:36 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Who was that too
Don't worry, it was the wicked witch from Kansas but now safely under a house Carry on being positive if you wish.

M

Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:45 am
wombat42

Originally Posted by Merlot
Don't worry, it was the wicked witch from Kansas but now safely under a house Carry on being positive if you wish.

M
In the Wizard of OZ , it was the wicked witch of the East was killed by the house, but the wicked witch of the West was still alive.

Old Mar 20th 2005, 7:53 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by binbird
If you're reporting a down turn in the weather then I guess that means it won't last here either since we are only down the road from you! But could you tell me what it'll be like in Ireland over Easter? 5 nights away with my best friend - can't wait. . . . .

Can't believe we had lunch on the patio today when just over two weeks ago the patio was buried under a layer of snow! Lurvely day!

Binbird
Hello,

Obviously depends on where you are going in Ireland, but the weather in Dublin is not looking too good.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/...promo=template

Regards
Alistair
Old Mar 20th 2005, 8:04 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

In the Wizard of OZ , it was the wicked witch of the East was killed by the house, but the wicked witch of the West was still alive.
EEEKKK!!! Remind me never to stand where a house can fall on me
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:24 am
Merlot

So are you East or West????

Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:25 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Pollyana
EEEKKK!!! Remind me never to stand where a house can fall on me
Ouch!!! :scared: I think Pol's are exempt!!

M

Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
So are you East or West????
I think he's actually the guy who was searching for a brain (scarecrow, was it? )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.