Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Originally Posted by RichS
Well we're going to ramble off topic here, but:

1. You cannot go to any school you like here unless you are in the catchment area. State schools that is. If you live outside that area it's at the discretion of the school itself whether they accept you.

2. That must be Victorian queuing. Up here in NSW its just like in the UK, complete with the grumbling and tutting. I know because I've been party to such tutting.
It's a cerebal abstract type thread, with avenues to explore.

1) yes agreed thats the same here, but so many people do it, it's almost considered normal.

2) I would say, that one would find oneself more prone to displeasure for venturing outside the norm in England. I will qualify this by saying I havn't lived there for over 22 years though, could be things have changed. My wife did seem to find herself in trouble everytime she got in a queue there though.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
It's a cerebal abstract type thread, with avenues to explore.

1) yes agreed thats the same here, but so many people do it, it's almost considered normal.

2) I would say, that one would find oneself more prone to displeasure for venturing outside the norm in England. I will qualify this by saying I havn't lived there for over 22 years though, could be things have changed. My wife did seem to find herself in trouble everytime she got in a queue there though.
If we're rambling off to the cerebral abstract then I have to deduce from your last posting that either:

a) You consider that marriage to your wife was an act that "ventured outside the norm"

or

b) Your wife turns into a buffoon when placed in a queue

Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RichS
If we're rambling off to the cerebral abstract then I have to deduce from your last posting that either:

a) You consider that marriage to your wife was an act that "ventured outside the norm"

or

b) Your wife turns into a buffoon when placed in a queue

A) lol, not everyone marries a different 'species'

B) Nope, disagree, In England, there was very little tolerance, at that time, for her 'aussie' ways, She does not have a problem here. Something subtle but definetly noticeable happened in those pommy queues.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:15 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

. Off the top of my head, I would say flies and extreme heat are two. and one point the thread starter raises, I certainly miss the lushness and greeness of spring and summer in England.
You can always drive to the Dandenongs, lush and green all year, its beautiful
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:56 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Merlot
Thank you Sandra, who was it said "Labels should be for cans only".

I do try to say it as I see it as probably someone else feels the same. I am also trying to work on positives as much as I can, and yes the days getting longer in the has lifted everyone's spirits, so lets enjoy.

Badge, you probably didn't mean it but I did take offence as my reasons for being in Oz and coming back to the UK are not the same as the next person, for a start I didn't move to Oz with the intention of living there permanently. I just felt I needed to say, but don't want a fall out.

M
Not at all....don't worry about it, I was typing fast and the word came to mind first. I meant to say, you were here, you are there, you may come back...see how it pans out and all that...that's all I meant. You have liked many places .

Its not a word I would normally use, but it does come up on this forum from time to time...

PS thanks for being reasonable, so many people on this site will jump down you throat - people start fighting and there's hardly any apologies, its so easy to be misunderstood sometimes!! None ever realises that you might be posting in secs in between fast times at work..and trying to get a post off to get a break. Ok I used to give Mike S limited time but he use to get me annoyed.;-)

Badge

Last edited by Badge; Mar 18th 2005 at 8:05 am.

Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:27 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by Badge
Not at all....don't worry about it, I was typing fast and the word came to mind first. I meant to say, you were here, you are there, you may come back...see how it pans out and all that...that's all I meant. You have liked many places .

Its not a word I would normally use, but it does come up on this forum from time to time...

PS thanks for being reasonable, so many people on this site will jump down you throat - people start fighting and there's hardly any apologies, its so easy to be misunderstood sometimes!! None ever realises that you might be posting in secs in between fast times at work..and trying to get a post off to get a break. Ok I used to give Mike S limited time but he use to get me annoyed.;-)

Badge
Badge

Me too writing this quick at work, I understand as I have often done the same, written something in a belting rush at work, then feel a bit of a goose

I enjoy reading your posts, you bring a lot of positives to the Forum, so as I said didn't want to create a stir or fall out, life is too short to fight when really we are all on the same side so to speak.

M

Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Badge

Me too writing this quick at work, I understand as I have often done the same, written something in a belting rush at work, then feel a bit of a goose

I enjoy reading your posts, you bring a lot of positives to the Forum, so as I said didn't want to create a stir or fall out, life is too short to fight when really we are all on the same side so to speak.

M
Well why you've been chatting, I've been to work, finished shift and come out to another beautiful day! Its 20 degrees here in Suffolk and I'm waiting for this bubble to burst! Everyones out and about, neighbours have even said hello (still don't actually know their names tho). Sad thing is, being at work I've missed most of the day, however its going to be a lovely evening! Ahhhhhhhhh (deep sigh)
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by glittababe
Well why you've been chatting, I've been to work, finished shift and come out to another beautiful day! Its 20 degrees here in Suffolk and I'm waiting for this bubble to burst! Everyones out and about, neighbours have even said hello (still don't actually know their names tho). Sad thing is, being at work I've missed most of the day, however its going to be a lovely evening! Ahhhhhhhhh (deep sigh)

yep, even in swindon its a lovely 19c, done the lawns etc and going to sip a nice glass of wine in the garden with the hubby...and who said the sun doesnt make you feel happier
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:03 pm
Merlot

Yes, sorry but the weather DOES make a difference to how we feel as humans.

Mind, too much heat and humidity is just as lousy as dark, cold winter nights.

Enjoy your evening, drizzle in the north for us!

M

Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:47 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, sorry but the weather DOES make a difference to how we feel as humans.

Mind, too much heat and humidity is just as lousy as dark, cold winter nights.

Enjoy your evening, drizzle in the north for us!

M
It is fab and I am loving it, just be prepared that if you are sitting outside once the sun has gone down, it will be bl**dy cold again.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:15 pm
Birds of a feather . . .

binbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond reputebinbird has a reputation beyond repute

I don't usually use this word, but today I think "glorious" sums it up quite nicely! Kids playing in the park and me admiring the blossom in the trees while the sun gently shone down on me. Bliss!

Binbird
Old Mar 19th 2005, 12:43 pm
Merlot

Been out this morning, whilst not short and T weather, it is beautiful.

Buds on the trees, daffs peaking through and nice manner people!!!!

M
Enjoying each day as it comes!!!!!!

Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

M
Have to agree once again. Its pure bliss, the children have gone down to the river to feed the swans and ducks (only 100 yrds from house), they've played in the park and we've been for a walk around the village. The daffs, crocuses (think thats how they're spelt) and pink blossoms falling from the trees are great! Yesterday picked kids up from school and it looed so pretty and quaint! 1880's red brick school, all original features still in place, beautiful green gardens, blossoming trees with a back drop of hills, fields and beyond that the village! Feel all British again! does anyone know if this weathers going to continue?
Old Mar 19th 2005, 4:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

M
oops looked!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

oops looked!
next week all set to change

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.