Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Old Mar 31st 2005, 8:04 am
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all
Default Re: What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Originally Posted by Merlot
jc_loops, looks like I did, can you elaborate for me what the point is that I have missed????

I was chatting back to Sandra as far as I was aware?????

Thanks love back!
Sorry Merlot....wrong reply button , was intended for Sandra
Old Mar 31st 2005, 9:16 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jc_hoops
Sorry Merlot....wrong reply button , was intended for Sandra
BIG opps hey!

Apology accepted though maybe not from Sandra.

M

Old Apr 30th 2005, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

welykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant futurewelykuk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by glittababe
Kinda thinking the same! Kids will have to travel to go to secondary school and the town its in is as JC Hoop describes, so that is a definate put off! Theres no other place for them to go without having to travel miles. Kids in hoods on street corners, rubbish etc are everywhere (even in oz)! Family live in Glebe Sydney and trust me, although its one of the nicer places to live, I wouldn't walk alone during the day or night! I think the reality is that this is life today! I'm only 30, and I'm constantly dismayed by the lack of respect by 'kids' (yes the hooded ones), the rubbish, the 'chav' etc when we do venture out of our village bubble and into the towns. Its such a shame as the the UK towns have a lot to offer and a good 'clean up' would make the place look fab! Ok rant over and off to work, night night all!
Just wanted to say if you don't like the look of the High schools try home educating. Theres an excellent group of people doing a range of things in Suffolk. I have to say the fact we Home ed has made the whole international move thing much easier (actually I don't know I just think it makes life easier so I'm biased ) We'll be back in Suffolk soon, my youngest (11) wishes we'd never left so he didn't have to go through leaving friends and hamsters again I console myself with the fact that one day he'll be glad he learnt you survive change.
Old Apr 30th 2005, 5:57 pm
Banned

Location: from Shepherds Bush to Aussie Bush. Well not quite - Mountain Creek, Sunshine Coast
jc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to alljc_hoops is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welykuk
Just wanted to say if you don't like the look of the High schools try home educating. Theres an excellent group of people doing a range of things in Suffolk. I have to say the fact we Home ed has made the whole international move thing much easier (actually I don't know I just think it makes life easier so I'm biased ) We'll be back in Suffolk soon, my youngest (11) wishes we'd never left so he didn't have to go through leaving friends and hamsters again I console myself with the fact that one day he'll be glad he learnt you survive change.
nice idea but i'm afraid that we don't have that kind of time, must be a different kind of lifestyle in suffork