Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Finished a night shift at 7.30am, driving home the sun came out and the village nestled between all the hills and fields looked amazing, so lush and green. After that the day just got better! Noticed all the flowers coming out, people out and about, ramblers through the village, kids playing in the parks after school, then heard on the radio the temp was 17 degrees (unusally warm for this time of year). This slight rise in temp seemed to make a huge difference to everyone. Its days like today that I wonder why we're heading back, anyone else feel the same? The warmer climate isn't everything I know. We really appreciated the rain (and snow) when we got back to the UK. The kids love sticking on their wellies and going for a paddle! But not everyone shares our enthusiasm for Britains inclimate weather! To see people out and smiling today made me feel happier, so maybe living in a warmer climate does make a difference to peoples lives! Ok off to bed now!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:36 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a beautiful day! Remind me why I'm going back?

Originally Posted by glittababe
Finished a night shift at 7.30am, driving home the sun came out and the village nestled between all the hills and fields looked amazing, so lush and green. After that the day just got better! Noticed all the flowers coming out, people out and about, ramblers through the village, kids playing in the parks after school, then heard on the radio the temp was 17 degrees (unusally warm for this time of year). This slight rise in temp seemed to make a huge difference to everyone. Its days like today that I wonder why we're heading back, anyone else feel the same? The warmer climate isn't everything I know. We really appreciated the rain (and snow) when we got back to the UK. The kids love sticking on their wellies and going for a paddle! But not everyone shares our enthusiasm for Britains inclimate weather! To see people out and smiling today made me feel happier, so maybe living in a warmer climate does make a difference to peoples lives! Ok off to bed now!

Blighty certainly does have some good points.

When are you going back....and is it what you really want?
Old Mar 16th 2005, 4:56 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Think you have partly answered your question yourself. The sun shines and everyone looks happier and walk around head held high.

It has been a lovely day, until school out time and then we have gone back to chilly gloomy drizzle. Puts the dampers on things in every way IMO.
Old Mar 16th 2005, 5:34 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

I know what you mean about the lovely days that we do have here sometimes-I'm not going to oz for the weather and people tell me I'm mad when I say that I'll miss the UK weather-well some of it-the beautiful dewy autumn mornings the smell of the grass in the summer and of course the fab sight of the silent snow falling from the skies-ooh-er I'm getting all poetic....
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

I'll swap once in a while for nearly all the time
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Blighty certainly does have some good points.

When are you going back....and is it what you really want?
Well when we first got back we said we'd be back in oz by June! Ummmm I can see June flying past - without us being on the plane! Realistically we're looking at the end of the year/Jan 2006. Seems a long way off but it isn't! Can't believe we're in March already!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:47 pm
wombat42

Don't go back then.

Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

Well when we first got back we said we'd be back in oz by June! Ummmm I can see June flying past - without us being on the plane! Realistically we're looking at the end of the year/Jan 2006. Seems a long way off but it isn't! Can't believe we're in March already!
Hmm, my husband said the same thing today - we took baby to the park when he got home from work as it was so mild and sunny, and he was enthusing about what a great ride he had on Sunday round the Cheshire lanes, and how lovely the place is in spring. Got daffs in the garden and everything looks very lush and pretty.

But, we know that we are going back and we know that you can never combine the best of both places, just have to bite the bullet. We opted for November tho as it will be a minimum 14 months so at least we get two summers in Oz Even so, Nov seems to be creeping up! I'm sure a crap summer will give you a kick up the bum
Old Mar 16th 2005, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
Hmm, my husband said the same thing today - we took baby to the park when he got home from work as it was so mild and sunny, and he was enthusing about what a great ride he had on Sunday round the Cheshire lanes, and how lovely the place is in spring. Got daffs in the garden and everything looks very lush and pretty.

But, we know that we are going back and we know that you can never combine the best of both places, just have to bite the bullet. We opted for November tho as it will be a minimum 14 months so at least we get two summers in Oz Even so, Nov seems to be creeping up! I'm sure a crap summer will give you a kick up the bum
It'll probably be a fantastic summer and we'll all forget about oz! Another thread says its going to get to 21 degrees later this week, global warming's going mad!
Old Mar 16th 2005, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Did you see the 200 odd post on wonderful Melbourne when it had a long sunny warm weekend The same Melbourne that people were landing in last winter and writing off as a graffitti ridden grey grotty hole

Weather does seems to be a big factor for some folk.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 5:50 am
Merlot

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Did you see the 200 odd post on wonderful Melbourne when it had a long sunny warm weekend The same Melbourne that people were landing in last winter and writing off as a graffitti ridden grey grotty hole

Weather does seems to be a big factor for some folk.
And a bottle of wine also puts a smile on my face

Yes weather does make a difference to how we feel, so lets enjoy!!!!

M

Old Mar 17th 2005, 6:50 am

kirsty&al is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Just out of interest (not being funny or trying to start an argument), but as life seems to suit you so much better in the UK (based on your previous posts): why are you thinking of returning to Oz?

Regards
Alistair
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Alistair above. I don't understand why you want to come back to Australia at all. You've got your families and friends in the UK. You love where you live and your village does sound like a beautiful place. Your children and husband are all happy there. You and your husband both seem to have good jobs. Sounds like a HUGE risk to me to leave all that behind.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
Old Mar 17th 2005, 7:57 am
Badge

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I agree with Alistair above. I don't understand why you want to come back to Australia at all. You've got your families and friends in the UK. You love where you live and your village does sound like a beautiful place. Your children and husband are all happy there. You and your husband both seem to have good jobs. Sounds like a HUGE risk to me to leave all that behind.

Cheers,
Mrs JTL
yes, I'm interested too; you are the one poster on this forum that I am 'watching' with interest as you seem to swing a fair bit. I had you posted as an anti-Aus very early on, but recent posts have you changing my assessment Apologies!!

(Nice also to see both HiddenPaw and Merlot looking like they are going to be ''Boomerang Poms''.)

Badge

Old Mar 17th 2005, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Muzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant futureMuzza04 has a brilliant future

Probably all sufferers of SAD ( seasonally affected syndrom or similar) as now they are coming out of the long dark winter into spring. And when they now have warmer climates, all thoughts of OZ diminish until Oct/ Nov.

Come to Oz and in most places this condition is cured.

Last edited by Muzza04; Mar 17th 2005 at 8:32 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.