Reload this Page >

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

AT3JER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by tentoesover
Hey Carlos, physical was long, but very straight forward. As far as physicals I have done in the past, this was no more difficult. I am not familiar with the NHS testing. But definitely it is nothing to lose sleep over. Good luck with it,

Garrett.
Hi Garrett

Thank you for your advice. It was very straight forward and def no loss of sleep required. Passed with flying colours, just awaiting the final interview now. If I can help anyone on here with advice just shout.

All the best to everyone looking to pursue the lifestyle and career.

Cheers, Carlos
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

AT3JER is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AT3JER
Hi Garrett

Carlos here from Jersey, CI. I've got my medical/physical next week for WA. How did you find it? Is it the similar as the NHS one?!

Any info most appreciatted.

Regards, Carlos
How did u get on btw Garrett?
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

tentoesover is an unknown quantity at this point

Contract came via email last night. Just reviewing it and going over it with the wife. Hopefully have it signed and sent off by tomorrow. Wife having a few last minute jitters. I think she is entitled.

Glad to hear it went well for you Carlos. Good luck with the video conference.

Garrett.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

I wan tee go oz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Phil,

Glad to hear you are settling in.

Did you sort out your licensing prior to landing in Perth?

What documents were required of you for the visa?
I still haven't signed the contract yet, and I am assuming the visa will almost immediately follow. If I had a head start on this, it would be less time I would require for the visa.

Did you have to do a medical for the visa?

Feel free to answer the above. I am sure I will find out soon enough either way.

Good luck to ya.

Garrett.
Hi Garrett,

Have to sort driving license out over here once I get an Aussie address, as for the visa, I had to get certified copies of UK driving license, passport, Paramedic certificates, education certificates, birth certs etc etc, you will get an e-mail from the visa agent pretty soon.

I got a contract via e-mail but it was quickly followed by a load of stuff in the mail which included contract plus employee copy, superannuation scheme, bank details etc which I sent back, or most of it. Some stuff couldn't be done until I got a tax file number, which is easy to sort once you get here.

There was a medical for the visa, includes chest x-ray, blood pressure check and blood testing. Was done in an hour!

Don't know for anyone outside UK, but I only had to do the visa medical and not my family, and all certified docs were for all family, eg passports, birth certs etc.
Was quite a lot of paperwork to get signed. Got a manager at my old station to do it all.

Good luck, have fun!

Phil
Old Mar 29th 2011, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Phil. I received all the visa documents the other day and scrambling to get that sent off. Lots to do, and time just seems to be zipping by. I wish I had a bit more of it. I will only be landing in perth a week before my start date-kinda sucks, but can't be helped. I am hoping to find a room to let before I land, so at least I have a place to go-LOL!! Gonna be a scramble. Prolly get a single room for the first 6-8 mos as the family isn't gonna be joining me until January 2012 most likely-definitely hard to think about. Anyway, good luck with the training and I am sure I will get to meet you soon.

Take care,

Garrett.
Old Mar 29th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that Phil. I received all the visa documents the other day and scrambling to get that sent off. Lots to do, and time just seems to be zipping by. I wish I had a bit more of it. I will only be landing in perth a week before my start date-kinda sucks, but can't be helped. I am hoping to find a room to let before I land, so at least I have a place to go-LOL!! Gonna be a scramble. Prolly get a single room for the first 6-8 mos as the family isn't gonna be joining me until January 2012 most likely-definitely hard to think about. Anyway, good luck with the training and I am sure I will get to meet you soon.

Take care,

Garrett.
Glad things are progressing for you.
I've been here nearly 2 weeks now, start conversion course in 2 weeks and family due out in 10days!
Managed to find a house here fairly quickly, viewed about 8 or 9 in a week, and was accepted for 3, so was good to have a choice! Stayed in a hotel for initial stay here. Very easy to get around Perth, it has an excellent rail and bus system!
There's loads of hotels, backpackers, furnished apartments etc here.
See ya here soon!
Old Apr 4th 2011, 11:02 pm
Just Joined

Hey Phil,

Quick question, are you with Medibank and if so what is your coverage? Having a hell of a time with my current provider-there not getting along with the visa people. If it isn't Medibank, who are you using? Advice?

Thanks,

Garrett.
Old Apr 5th 2011, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

Hey Phil,

Quick question, are you with Medibank and if so what is your coverage? Having a hell of a time with my current provider-there not getting along with the visa people. If it isn't Medibank, who are you using? Advice?

Thanks,

Garrett.
Hi, at the moment i'm just on my travel insurance policy, visa paperwork stated this was adequate enough until I sorted out Medicare etc

Phil
Old Apr 6th 2011, 4:16 pm
Just Joined

Oh Ok. Thanks man. We we're trying to use my wife's health insurance/travel coverage (of which I am covered under), but they don't seem to want to accept this. Gonna have to purchase a policy.

Garrett.
Old Apr 6th 2011, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

zuluman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes, from applying too finding out if you have been short listed ? and then the interview process.

thanks
Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:45 am
Just Joined

circling the drain is an unknown quantity at this point

Application sent off 22nd Feb and heard nothing yet. Im UK para living in NSW currently not working; I've been a laddie of leisure for 2 months now and getting bored being a 'kept man'. There's only so much housework you can do.

Have an interview for QLD next month though but keeping options open with NSW and QLD
Old Apr 20th 2011, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

I started talking with the folks at St John Ambulance in September 2010 and put my application in in November. I am waiting for my visa to be processed to start work on the 6th of June.

Garrett.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by zuluman
Hi All

Can anyone please tell me how long it takes, from applying too finding out if you have been short listed ? and then the interview process.

thanks
Hi, I applied late July 2010, had phone interview in Aug, fitness test Sept, video interview Nov and job offer late Nov, although some people on my intake did apply a few months before me
Old Apr 30th 2011, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Hey Phil, just checking in. How is it going? Settling in?

I am just waiting on the visa. Everything is in, including the physicals. It is being processed. Should find out soon.

Now all I need is a place to stay and I will be set.

Hope your transition is going well.

Garrett.
Old May 1st 2011, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Hey Phil, just checking in. How is it going? Settling in?

I am just waiting on the visa. Everything is in, including the physicals. It is being processed. Should find out soon.

Now all I need is a place to stay and I will be set.

Hope your transition is going well.

Garrett.
Hi Garrett

It's going well thanks, just about at the end of the classroom period, all exams done, start on the road end of this week with Paramedic tutor.
Looking forward to geting out there, it's been 2 months since I did my last shift in the UK. Feels like forever ago!!

Glad to hear you're making good progress, good luck with the move, hope the property seach goes well.
There are loads of sites for houses/rental www.realestate.com.au is very good!

All the best

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.