Reload this Page >

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:11 am
Just Joined

Already_an_Aussie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Western Australia Ambulance Service/SJAA

Originally Posted by Twinsdad
That's an excellent idea ! I may do the same - would you mind pming me a link so I can check it out ? I'll def keep you updated - good luck and don't stress it - there have been some very encouraging posts from the guys already out there
Hi Twinsdad

The campsite is called central caravan park,its about 3 miles from the training centre..Im lucky enough to be borrowing a van from family..so works out cheaper ...hope this helps..
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Already_an_Aussie;9590971]I have family out there already but thinking of staying on a campsite near by in belmont for eight weeks in a caravan. (I have looked online and its only about $1000 dollars for the month which isn't alot really as all bills included). Also swimming pool etc for the wife and my son to keep them entertained. treat it as a mini holiday... /QUOTE]

That's a good way to save on accommodation costs until you know which station you will be based at. Staying in a caravan in Perth at the time of year is a brave move, though. Good luck!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 11:55 am
Account Closed

hater is an unknown quantity at this point

Normally you don't get a fixed station as a starter. But they try to plan your shifts as close to your home as possible..
Old Aug 31st 2011, 7:51 pm
Just Joined

Ha thanks Helen...We know but if its too much we'll just stay with the family. We'll have a go.
So no one had any news yet??...

Another question i had is who is the best bank to go with these days out there?
Cheers
Old Sep 11th 2011, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

michael999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone, has anyone out there had any movement in their application status lately? And as Already an Aussie asks, can anyone recomend a good bank to use and any advice about car hire versus purchasing when you first arrive would be great to hear. Hope I am not tempting fate by looking ahead
Old Sep 11th 2011, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Joey0483 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by michael999
Hi everyone, has anyone out there had any movement in their application status lately? And as Already an Aussie asks, can anyone recomend a good bank to use and any advice about car hire versus purchasing when you first arrive would be great to hear. Hope I am not tempting fate by looking ahead
Hi Michael
I received an email friday saying i had my telephone interview monday 19th! Yikes, getting my head in the books as no idea what to expect. Hopefully they will go gentle on me
How is everyone else getting on? Jo x
Old Sep 12th 2011, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

Hi Joey,

First telephone interview ok, Alot is on management of situations and if your already in the job these are straight forward. Sure you'll be fine. Anyone heard of video conference call recently....We're still waiting. Six weeks now!

Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2011, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

...and again no news from me.... My application is now "under construction" since June 2010...And the last progress(video conference) was made in June 2010....

We decided (or, to be honest, my current job will then hold me for two more years) that we will cancel the application if we don't get a result before october the first.
Old Sep 12th 2011, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

You mean you applied June 2010??? when was your video call? wow we thought we'd been waiting a while. Are you living in Aus at the minute.

A few others on here said it was 2 weeks after their VC that they heard back we were kind of holding out for that.

Cheers
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:16 am
Account Closed

Yes.. June 2010... telephone interview in august 2010, fitness-assesment in january 2011, VC in june 2011...

and no, we're still in europe..
Old Sep 13th 2011, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

I think my friend was lucky last year - she applied in July, all went ahead pretty quickly, she got job offer in october and started with them this april!
She is now happily in Perth...but from what i hear she is the lucky one as everyone else has to wait ages, and ages........
sigh..........
Old Sep 13th 2011, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

nasher76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, excellant thread and very usefull! I'm currently half way through my online application, and after some advice on finances.

Has anyone out there who has made the move got a ball park figure on how much it costs up front? Currently we've got next to no equity in our house so need to figure out how much we need to save, looking to bring my wife and three young kids over.

Cheers
Old Sep 13th 2011, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nasher76
Hi all, excellant thread and very usefull! I'm currently half way through my online application, and after some advice on finances.

Has anyone out there who has made the move got a ball park figure on how much it costs up front? Currently we've got next to no equity in our house so need to figure out how much we need to save, looking to bring my wife and three young kids over.

Cheers
Hi Nasher
We are a family of hubby and I and 2 kids aged 5 and 3. We too have no house to sell/equity so desperately trying to get some saving together as I have estimated it will cost approximately £18000 to set up. Although our costs include paying off some debts before we go.
It also includes the cost of living for the first 4 weeks in Perth as I want to arrive a month before I start work so we can find a rental, buy a car and get the children into school or kindy.
I have a spreadsheet with anticipated costs which are as follows:

Flights £3,000
Shipping costs (20ft) £3,500
Shiping Insurance £ 500
GST etc on shipping £1,000
TOTAL £8,000

FIRST 4 WEEKS
SHORT RENT £1,400
CAR HIRE £ 900
FOOD £ 600
PETROL £ 400
MISCELLANEOUS £2,000
TOTAL £5,300

ST JOHN JOB APPLICATION
ACRO POLIce CHECK £ 75
DOCUMENT CERTS £ 50
MEDICAL £ 300
TOTAL £ 425

GRAND TOTAL £13,725

Obviously this doesnt include buying a car and all the other bits you will need to get once you arrive, but hope it helps.
Good luck with your application Jo x
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys,

So i finally got my conference call date set for a few weeks time....Any tips? Also how long after if i pass will i hear if i've been successful or not. Finally the last hurdle i think.......

Any news for anyone else?

Old Sep 17th 2011, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

michael999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Already_an_Aussie
Hi guys,

So i finally got my conference call date set for a few weeks time....Any tips? Also how long after if i pass will i hear if i've been successful or not. Finally the last hurdle i think.......

Any news for anyone else?

Good on yer and good luck Already an Aussie. From earlier posts it sounds like it is almost a formality. It is nice to hear of some movement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.