Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Westbourne Grammar Williamstown

Westbourne Grammar Williamstown

Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

jannyb has a spectacular aura aboutjannyb has a spectacular aura aboutjannyb has a spectacular aura about
Default Westbourne Grammar Williamstown

Our boy is just about to turn 3 and we're just thinking to apply for a place at this school. I saw that one of the criteria for choosing who gets a place is date of application. They suggest applying when your child is a year old. Does anyone know the process? Do you think we've left it too late to be considered? Thanks.
Old Oct 5th 2013, 10:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Westbourne Grammar Williamstown

Originally Posted by jannyb
Our boy is just about to turn 3 and we're just thinking to apply for a place at this school. I saw that one of the criteria for choosing who gets a place is date of application. They suggest applying when your child is a year old. Does anyone know the process? Do you think we've left it too late to be considered? Thanks.
I'm not sure of the process but it I do know there is keen competition for places and the school has a very good reputation. The old motto 'you've gotta be in it to win it' applies so I'd suggest if you are interested to get in an application soon and take your chances. Both my nephews started off their schooling there and went on to the secondary campus and they and their parents speak highly of the school. (It's just along the road from the townhouse we have in Williamstown and we always get parents parking in front and walking their children to and fro school!!)
Old Oct 5th 2013, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly too late for a5 yr old entry but get his name on the list (you can always knock it back if it's not the right time) - better late than never! My nephew started his school life there before they moved away. I'm pretty sure they were quite happy with it
Old Oct 6th 2013, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

For most of the top boys schools ie Scotch and Melbourne Boys Grammar, most applications are placed when the birth certificate is issued after the baby is born as they are oversubscribed. It is known that there's no guarantee that a younger son will get into Scotch even though his older brother is attending already. The numbers applying vary from year to year. Have you called the school and spoken to the Registrar to see what your son's chances are in obtaining a place for the Year level of interest? This should help you decide if you should "try" or not.
Old Oct 6th 2013, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

To check out the school have a look at:

http://www.streetadvisor.com.au/the-...eater-victoria

Just head along the Strand until you see the school crossing sign and then about a dozen cars on the right and click < to see the school.