Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We speak the same language....just!

We speak the same language....just!

Old Aug 6th 2005, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

Steve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really niceSteve Zodiac is just really nice
Default We speak the same language....just!

I've got this dog - his name is Mungo. I was telling this woman at work all about him. Funnily enough, she's from Wagga Wagga but that's another story, anyway.......

She said to me 'what’s his name?' I said 'Mungo' She said 'like in blazing saddles?' I said 'no that’s Mongo!' She said 'that’s what you said' I said 'No I said Mungo!' She said 'Say "Mongo�' I said 'Mongo!' She said 'Say "Mungo�', I said 'Mungo'. She said 'they both sound the same!' I said 'no they don’t, my dog is called Mungo the man in blazing saddles was called Mongo!' She said, 'they both sound the same!' So I gave up.

About a week ago I was talking to a bloke from Northern Ireland. He said 'what’s your dog’s called?' I said 'Mungo' He said 'Mongo, like in Blazing Saddles?'

I said: 'don’t you start!'

Would be happy to post picture of Mungo if anyone is interested!
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:00 am
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: We speak the same language....just!

Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac
I've got this dog - his name is Mungo. I was telling this woman at work all about him. Funnily enough, she's from Wagga Wagga but that's another story, anyway.......

She said to me 'what’s his name?' I said 'Mungo' She said 'like in blazing saddles?' I said 'no that’s Mongo!' She said 'that’s what you said' I said 'No I said Mungo!' She said 'Say "Mongo�' I said 'Mongo!' She said 'Say "Mungo�', I said 'Mungo'. She said 'they both sound the same!' I said 'no they don’t, my dog is called Mungo the man in blazing saddles was called Mongo!' She said, 'they both sound the same!' So I gave up.

About a week ago I was talking to a bloke from Northern Ireland. He said 'what’s your dog’s called?' I said 'Mungo' He said 'Mongo, like in Blazing Saddles?'

Is Mungo a mongrel and does he eat mango?

Bet you can't say that when pisched

Yep....would love a piccie

Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

lol unfortunately that does not mean people from n.Ireland are understood here accent wise as my hubby will tell you.

i would love to see a piccie of your mutt. i love dogs.

Katie
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:11 am
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Its a good job Mungo is not maroon which they pronounce Marone ! how the hell that happens is beyond me. ' Go the Marones' - go the morons? is that what they said?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:18 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Is this him?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Is he Mungo as in Mary, Mungo and Midge ?
I loved Mungo
Gillian
Old Aug 6th 2005, 11:34 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sme
Is he Mungo as in Mary, Mungo and Midge ?
I loved Mungo
Gillian
Mungo chutney?
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:17 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

I have a dog,he,s called Harley,he eats his own sh!t ,can anyone help?its driving me nuts! he's just been prescribed tablets from the vet at $98 for a months supply (waste of money )

Seriously,can anyone help? Back home you could get tablets from a pet store called 'Deter' always worked & only cost under £6.(not available in Oz)
Scoured pet websites to see if they would deliver to Oz but no joy every pet store /vet here says they will grow out of it/sorry nothing available
He is a 6 month old golden retriever,i have 3 kids,dont start me on hhygiene put it this way if this continues he has to go

Ps,his pic is on photo post!
Donna.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:19 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes but can he headbutt horses unconcious like Mongo in Blazing Saddles.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 12:55 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hiya,

I have a dog,he,s called Harley,he eats his own sh!t ,can anyone help?its driving me nuts! he's just been prescribed tablets from the vet at $98 for a months supply (waste of money )

Seriously,can anyone help? Back home you could get tablets from a pet store called 'Deter' always worked & only cost under £6.(not available in Oz)
Scoured pet websites to see if they would deliver to Oz but no joy every pet store /vet here says they will grow out of it/sorry nothing available
He is a 6 month old golden retriever,i have 3 kids,dont start me on hhygiene put it this way if this continues he has to go

Ps,his pic is on photo post!
Donna.
Er dogs do do that. isnt it normal ? I know its not nice but our old dog used to do it. At least if he's eating it its not there to step in , in fact you should encourage it.
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Hiya,

I have a dog,he,s called Harley,he eats his own sh!t ,can anyone help?Donna.
PMSL, I don't know what to say except that's the best laugh I've had all day

Tracey
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

I've just give this thread the 5 star treatment because it looks like it's going to turn into one of the classics

Tracey
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:13 pm

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spalen
Er dogs do do that. isnt it normal ? I know its not nice but our old dog used to do it. At least if he's eating it its not there to step in , in fact you should encourage it.

And then don't let the dog lick your face

Seriously, heres a decent read for a Saturday night

http://www.petdirect.com.au/articles...l.php?RecID=86

ADL
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:20 pm
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

if i saw my dog eating it's own shit i think i would spew . is there nothing you can do to make him stop it (except wire up his jaw)
Old Aug 6th 2005, 1:21 pm
What's happening dudes?

Originally Posted by louise4
if i saw my dog eating it's own shit i think i would spew . is there nothing you can do to make him stop it (except wire up his jaw)
Clean it up before he gets chance.

Oh, and feed him mouthwash afterwards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.