Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

We have refused the MMR vacine for our son - will be have a mojor problem getting in?

We have refused the MMR vacine for our son - will be have a mojor problem getting in?

Old Feb 27th 2005, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

jinxnkay is on a distinguished road
Default Re: We have refused the MMR vacine for our son - will be have a mojor problem getting in?

Originally Posted by zenamethyst
Hi - newbie here!

Just started the whole process. We live in Fife near Edinburgh and have a 3 year old. As soon as we get our visas we'll be off hopefully to Brisbane!

We refused to have our son vaccineated with MMR as it nearly killed me apart from the mercury etc reasons.

Will they let us in without this or will it be a major problem?

When researching MMR I found out that a lot of Aussies have opted out of the vaccination but wasn't sure of what the immigration situation is?

Also anyone in the Edinburgh area up for a meet up?

We have contacted an emigration visa agency in EH but not sure whether to go with them or do it ourselves. £ is a major factor in the decision too! We have most of our £ tied up in our house which we are not selling until the visas are through so have to do this the cheap way if possible!
we live in brisbane
the private nursery schools seemed to all insist on vaccination certificates before they would allow my daughter through the door. she turned 5 in january so now goes to a school based pre school and they didnt ask for anything nor did my sons school when i enrolled him, he is eight.