Water Pressure?

Old Jul 21st 2010, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Water Pressure?

What's the water pressure like in Oz?

Is it bad like the UK with only 1 (one, uno) piddly little bar of pressure, which fails to go anywhere near a second story with enough force to have a decent shower?

Please put mind mind at ease.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 4:44 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Water Pressure?

Originally Posted by Alfresco

Is it bad like the UK with only 1 (one, uno) piddly little bar of pressure, which fails to go anywhere near a second story with enough force to have a decent shower?

Hmmm...water pressure for me in the UK was just fine....100 psi...it's generally lower here I think...rain water tanks run off pressure pumps of varying ability.

It's mainly single storey buildings here too.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

mark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the roughmark1963 is a jewel in the rough

Hi Alfresco,

Ive never come across descent water pressure in the UK (South anyway)

I lived in Sydney for 16 years and you can get a damned good shower just abouts anywhere......!

And shoot about 15 meters from your garden hose, unlike the two meters if im lucky here.!

Cheers,
mark
Old Jul 21st 2010, 6:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark1963
Hi Alfresco,

Ive never come across descent water pressure in the UK (South anyway)

I lived in Sydney for 16 years and you can get a damned good shower just abouts anywhere......!

And shoot about 15 meters from your garden hose, unlike the two meters if im lucky here.!

Cheers,
mark

That's good to know Mark! Thanks.

I've never been impressed with the WP here in the UK, so hoping for an improvement.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:24 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

That's good to know Mark! Thanks.

I've never been impressed with the WP here in the UK, so hoping for an improvement.
Yes it's very low here in the SE. A few summers back when we had a heat wave the water pressure in my area became so low the water tank in the roof wouldn't begin filling up again until the early hours of the morning.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 8:59 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

No chance of any generalizations here then.

Will the water pressure be the same in Perth as mine is here in the 'Gong?
Is the water pressure the same in Prague as it is where you are?
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
No chance of any generalizations here then.

Will the water pressure be the same in Perth as mine is here in the 'Gong?
Is the water pressure the same in Prague as it is where you are?
Well if the Cheese thread is anything to go by...
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:22 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Well if the Cheese thread is anything to go by...
Indeedy. ALL Australian cheese is indeed crap.
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:42 pm
Back to WA! Yay!

mark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud ofmark213 has much to be proud of

No probs in BNE or PER. In fact most Hot Water Systems in Australia are mains pressured unlike the uk which are gravity fed from your cold tank in the loft - thats why in the UK you have low pressure showers!
Old Jul 21st 2010, 9:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Great water pressure here - a good shower is the only thing I really miss when I go home for a holiday.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 5:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mark213
No probs in BNE or PER. In fact most Hot Water Systems in Australia are mains pressured unlike the uk which are gravity fed from your cold tank in the loft - thats why in the UK you have low pressure showers!
Thanks. We had our gravity system changed here for mains fed combi-boiler. The pressure is low in our area meaning only one person can really shower at a time. Can't wait for that to change.

Originally Posted by quoll
Great water pressure here - a good shower is the only thing I really miss when I go home for a holiday.
Thanks for confirming.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:16 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Around here the water pressure is horrendous: I had several garden irrigation appliances explode before I borrowed a meter and found the pressure was 1000Kpa - way above the max limit for our (rented) laundry machines. No wonder several of them had to be repaired!

When we built I specified a pressure reducer in the main and have turned that down to 300Kpa - no problems now.

Last edited by Wol; Jul 22nd 2010 at 10:41 am.
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 10:32 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Indeedy. ALL Australian cheese is indeed crap.
Except for the good stuff...

No chance of any generalizations here then

14 March 2008
Australia’s dairy industry defied the drought to claim two of the world’s top cheese honours in the 2008 World Championship Cheese Contest.

A Camembert and a Parmesan triumphed over the world’s best to win their classes in the largest international cheese and butter competition.

The Australian entries were vying for honours alongside dairy foods from the US, Canada, Scandanavia, Switzerland, Austria, NZ, the Netherlands, Spain, Portugal and South Africa.

The 27th Biennial World Championship Cheese was staged over three days in Madison, Wisconsin.
In the 2010 event, Switzerland had 11 entries in the top 3 from each category.
Australia had 3
Austria had 10
Spain had 9

Australia still needs to do more though...

Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

As said already, Brisbane generally has mains water pressure often with large tanks on top of local hills. No sign of those crappy power showers dribbling out water here
Old Jul 22nd 2010, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

dontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud ofdontheturner has much to be proud of
Red face Re: Water Pressure?

How very odd! Here in Thailand, the water trickles out of the tap, with NO pressure. But, my home in the UK, (Shropshire) where we will be again, hopefully in March of Next Year, After i got the free meter installed by severn trent, the pressure, when i cleaned the Caravan, started to blow the paint off the panelling! - so we had to stop using it. Used a bucket and brush thereafter. Don